• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

TAM Forum Party Net-A-Thon

It was a party organized, and paid for, by Forumites.

Why the change?

Because one of the organizers isn't a forumite now, but remains a Skepchick?

Or maybe it's to get the dander up of people overly concerned about labels?

Or maybe ottle misspoke, and moved quickly on to yanking your chain?
 
Because one of the organizers isn't a forumite now, but remains a Skepchick?

Or maybe it's to get the dander up of people overly concerned about labels?

Or maybe ottle misspoke, and moved quickly on to yanking your chain?

I'll take that to mean that it is still the Forum party.

Thanks for clarifying.
 
It was the TAM6 Forum Party.



It was a party organized, and paid for, by Forumites.

Why the change?

I don't know the history here, but at TAM 5.5, we actually shied away from calling it a Forum party because we wanted to be clear that it was for EVERYONE, not just forum members. So we called it a party being organized by Skepchick, I think. I hate to exclude the rest of the folks at TAM just because they weren't on the Forum.

Either way, it's a party. And if you focus on what it's called, you can't focus on the more important part - having fun. But I suspect you're out of luck there either way :)
 
Also, I have now decided to call it the Skepchick-JREF-Skeptical-Cookie-Monster-JREF-Extravaganza With Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters.

Anyone who doesn't refer to it as exactly that is not invited.
 
I'll take that to mean that it is still the Forum party.

Thanks for clarifying.

Actually, ottle is a better clarifier than I am when it comes to parties.

Do you want to limit it only to forum members? Or is there some non-Skepchick organizer out there you feel is getting slighted?
 
Also, I have now decided to call it the Skepchick-JREF-Skeptical-Cookie-Monster-JREF-Extravaganza With Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters.

Anyone who doesn't refer to it as exactly that is not invited.

You know I have a speech impediment and can't say "gargle" :(

I'll be in my room drinking Diet Coke and watching porn if anyone wants to join me :(
 
Also, I have now decided to call it the Skepchick-JREF-Skeptical-Cookie-Monster-JREF-Extravaganza With Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters.


As the High Priest of the Skepchick-JREF-Skeptical-Cookie-Monster-JREF-Extravaganza With Inter-Galactic Gargle Blasters, I have to ask why you are being so exclusionary?
 
Actually, ottle is a better clarifier than I am when it comes to parties.

Do you want to limit it only to forum members? Or is there some non-Skepchick organizer out there you feel is getting slighted?

I asked for clarification what the name is. I would have to change the Activities spreadsheet and the printed note on the corkboard at the Forum table, if it changed.

People have donated for the Forum party. If it is suddenly something else, I think people should know - and why.

But, since it isn't, it's a moot point.
 
People have donated for the Forum party. If it is suddenly something else, I think people should know - and why.

But, since it isn't, it's a moot point.

Yeah, you saw the new name. I hope your spreadsheet has the room!

But I think you'll find that people donated to an event, not a name. I hope so, anyway. I'd hate to think the Skepchicks organized a party for people who are overly concerned about such things :)
 
As the High Priest of the Skepchick-JREF-Skeptical-Cookie-Monster-JREF-Extravaganza With Inter-Galactic Gargle Blasters, I have to ask why you are being so exclusionary?

IF I felt the need to talk to splitters like you, I would say that we don't WANT or NEED your KIND at OUR party.

You, sir, are hurting the party.
 
Also, I have now decided to call it the Skepchick-JREF-Skeptical-Cookie-Monster-JREF-Extravaganza With Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters.

Anyone who doesn't refer to it as exactly that is not invited.
Uh-oh. I'll bet the FSM is in a blue funk for being left out.
 
is it happening or not?

Because someone else has offered to host the event if needed.
 
Yeah, you saw the new name.

Does it have a new name, then?

I hope your spreadsheet has the room!

No, it doesn't. Do you know what it is, so I can update the spreadsheet?

But I think you'll find that people donated to an event, not a name. I hope so, anyway. I'd hate to think the Skepchicks organized a party for people who are overly concerned about such things :)

If it isn't the name, then no need to change it, hm? :)
 
is it happening or not?

Because someone else has offered to host the event if needed.

It is definitively, absolutely and conclusively happening. We have the room booked.

I don't know why anything I would have said would make anyone think it is not happening.

IT IS HAPPENING.
 
Because someone else has offered to host the event if needed.

Then I think we should take it. But what about the money that has already been donated? If a transfer could be made...

I'm all for clean slates. But perhaps a new room would be far less awkward. Imho.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom