1. Yes the party is on. It takes more than a mere banning to stop a Skepchick party!
It's a Skepchick party now?
1. Yes the party is on. It takes more than a mere banning to stop a Skepchick party!
It's a Skepchick party now?
What was it before?
It's a party organized by Skepchicks![]()
It was a party organized, and paid for, by Forumites.
Why the change?
Because one of the organizers isn't a forumite now, but remains a Skepchick?
Or maybe it's to get the dander up of people overly concerned about labels?
Or maybe ottle misspoke, and moved quickly on to yanking your chain?
It was the TAM6 Forum Party.
It was a party organized, and paid for, by Forumites.
Why the change?
I'll take that to mean that it is still the Forum party.
Thanks for clarifying.
Also, I have now decided to call it the Skepchick-JREF-Skeptical-Cookie-Monster-JREF-Extravaganza With Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters.
Anyone who doesn't refer to it as exactly that is not invited.
Also, I have now decided to call it the Skepchick-JREF-Skeptical-Cookie-Monster-JREF-Extravaganza With Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters.
Actually, ottle is a better clarifier than I am when it comes to parties.
Do you want to limit it only to forum members? Or is there some non-Skepchick organizer out there you feel is getting slighted?
As the High Priest of the Skepchick-JREF-Skeptical-Cookie-Monster-JREF-Extravaganza With Inter-Galactic Gargle Blasters, I have to ask why you are being so exclusionary?
People have donated for the Forum party. If it is suddenly something else, I think people should know - and why.
But, since it isn't, it's a moot point.
As the High Priest of the Skepchick-JREF-Skeptical-Cookie-Monster-JREF-Extravaganza With Inter-Galactic Gargle Blasters, I have to ask why you are being so exclusionary?
Uh-oh. I'll bet the FSM is in a blue funk for being left out.Also, I have now decided to call it the Skepchick-JREF-Skeptical-Cookie-Monster-JREF-Extravaganza With Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters.
Anyone who doesn't refer to it as exactly that is not invited.
Yeah, you saw the new name.
I hope your spreadsheet has the room!
But I think you'll find that people donated to an event, not a name. I hope so, anyway. I'd hate to think the Skepchicks organized a party for people who are overly concerned about such things![]()
is it happening or not?
Because someone else has offered to host the event if needed.
Because someone else has offered to host the event if needed.