Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions
- Joined
- Mar 3, 2004
- Messages
- 34,871
I wrote a short story for 10-grade English that featured a group of Christians making first contact with not one, but two civilizations. Then they discover that those two civilizations were once at war, but were now in a stand-off due to mutually-assured destruction.
The cause of the war? One civilization's Messiah was killed by hanging, and the other's was killed by drowning. Thus, the former wore nooses around their necks, and the latter wore small millstones around theirs.
When those civilizations realized that "our" Messiah was killed by crucifixion -- which they both considered a barbaric abomination -- they came together and declared Holy War on us!
The story was written in the first person (singular) as a series of journal entries of the last known survivor of the Christian Pan-Genocide.
I got a B+.
Maybe I can re-write it and post it somewhere.
Makes you long for the days when the only thing invaders did was smash your altars and make you kneel to strange gods.