• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Isn't it about time we learn the truth about Obama?

Let me just say here that the American people are absolutely free to elect an unpatriotic person who schmoozes with terrorist types and contemptible, unpatriotic people.

However, I don't expect them to.:D

Does that mean they are voting for Ron Paul, then?
 
We really are a pathetic excuse for a free country if associating with someone who expresses politically incorrect thoughts is seen as equivalent to expressing those thoughts yourself.

Does the free expression of ideas scare you that much?

Hmmm. You are sticking your neck out on THIS one. Generally people associate with those of like thought. I guess what it really comes down to is what one calls "associating". And that is exactly what I'd like to know.

Your last sentence is too open ended to answer without going into some diatribe.
 
Colonel Jessup voice*

"You can't handle the truth!"

The truth about the UCC is that, among other things, it fulfilled a need that was being unmet. How do you feel about that, Iamme? As to Obama not playing along with the pledge of allegiance, IMO he's sending a message. Not everyone cares for that message. The lapel pin? Another message.

Let's not confuse Obama with Rev Wright, Wright is not the guy running for office. Obama is. Do you think Rev Wright has puppeteer powers over Obama?

DR

Confused by your large paragraph - you think he WAS sending a message by not reciting the Pledge? But then in your last paragraph you think there really should not be anything to this Wright controversy?

Just to end my confusion, are you for or against Obama, at this point in time?
 
How often did they have to before they became intolerable?

That's not correct. Ayers hosted the campaign kickoff fundraiser for Obama's first State Senate run. That speaks to far more than a casual relationship.

As I said, I don't know if he's patriotic or not, because I don't know what he thinks, and he's never been asked to choose between his own welfare and that of the country.

But I do know that he seems to have some very important people in his life who have serious grievances with America, grievances that go far beyond the grievances most people have. That may be evidence that he's unpatriotic. Or it may be evidence that he's a lot more broad-minded than I am - I wouldn't go to a second sermon after hearing a postor ask for God to damn America, I wouldn't get within a country mile of an urban terrorist who wanted to host my campaign kickoff fundraiser, and I certainly wouldn't marry anyone who couldn't think of anything about America that she was proud of. Who knows? All I can say is that I've seen some evidence that he may be unpatriotic (perhaps we need to define that term somewhere so we all agree on what we're talking about, hm?), but it's not convincing evidence.

I wonder..... are you Catholic?
 
I don't know. I suppose it is a matter of density. Once a month is quite different from once every couple of years.

I have no idea how often he spouted such nonsense. I'm going off the word of various parishioners who were interviewed saying that was not Wright's normal focus. Maybe they were telling the truth. Maybe they were covering up for him. I dunno.

Maybe Oprah knows (as she went there also for a number of years). Hasn't she distanced herself from Obama as of late? Or is it just that she feels he no longer needs her support any more?

There are questions, but not enough answers. Yet.

I will say one thing about Wright tho': I can't imagine that speeches like those aired on tv were some rarity. I'd be more willing to believe he used the pulpit to vent more...to rag against the oppression of the blacks... than to preach the gospel, in my unfounded opinion, of course.
 
Maybe Bay Watch was, too. I do know that if I was a kid and had a tv in my bedroom, I sure as heck wouldd have been watching it. :biggrin:


Pretty much everything that airs on Friday nights is considered by TV executives to be a children's show.

That includes Knight Rider, Baywatch and ... wait for it ... Battlestar Galactica.
 
In my opinion, some the greatest patriots are those who love their country so much that they want to prevent it from doing the wrong thing. Sometimes this means criticizing some other patriots. (Not all patriots agree on everything.)

Saying "My country is always right" is not good patriotism.

The question I have for the left would be; When was the last time you felt patriotic?
 
Obama's first and last words to Ayers should have been, "Dude. You blow up buildings, so dude, **** you. Seriously."

Dude. A building is an inanimate object.

[tu quoque]John McCain has close associates who are even more despicable.
one of his long-time "senior political consultants" is Richard Quinn, long-time head of the racist Southern Partisan Quarterly Review. That's a far closer tie than what Obama has to Ayers.
. . .
Quinn himself railed against the King holiday, writing it "should have been rejected because its purpose is vitriolic and profane."

In 2000, People For American Way called on McCain to fire Quinn, listing his disparaging of Nelson Mandela as a "terrorist," his promotion of David Duke ("What better way to reject politics as usual than to elect a maverick like David Duke?") and his selling of t-shirts praising Abraham Lincoln's assassination.

McCain wouldn't fire him.

So 's McCain's first and last words to Quinn should have been:
"Dude. You promoted David Duke and sold t-shirts praising Abraham Lincoln's assassination. So dude, **** you. Seriously."[/tu quoque]
 
Dude. A building is an inanimate object.

[tu quoque]John McCain has close associates who are even more despicable.


So 's McCain's first and last words to Quinn should have been:
"Dude. You promoted David Duke and sold t-shirts praising Abraham Lincoln's assassination. So dude, **** you. Seriously."[/tu quoque]

Uhh Mandela and the ANC WERE terrorists. Ever heard of "necklasing"?
 
Uhh Mandela and the ANC WERE terrorists. Ever heard of "necklasing"?

No, actually I haven't. But Mandela is not the ANC. Was Mandela personally a terrorist? Didn't he win a Nobel prize or something?

You might be watering down the word "terrorist" if you apply it to people like Mandela. But I await evidence that he, personally, is a terrorist.
 
No, actually I haven't. But Mandela is not the ANC. Was Mandela personally a terrorist? Didn't he win a Nobel prize or something?

You might be watering down the word "terrorist" if you apply it to people like Mandela. But I await evidence that he, personally, is a terrorist.


He was the head of the terrorist wing of the African American Congress (ANC) that is why he was sentenced to prison. The ANC carried out many bombings in SA along with their favorite technique of putting a tire around the neck of a person filling it with gasoline and lighting it on fire. This was reserved for "black collaborators". It was called necklacing and it was extremely brutal and effective. His wife was the more blood thirsty of the 2 however.
http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/~springbk/enemy.html
 
He was the head of the terrorist wing of the African American Congress (ANC) that is why he was sentenced to prison. The ANC carried out many bombings in SA along with their favorite technique of putting a tire around the neck of a person filling it with gasoline and lighting it on fire. This was reserved for "black collaborators". It was called necklacing and it was extremely brutal and effective. His wife was the more blood thirsty of the 2 however.
http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/~springbk/enemy.html

That is a very dubious source. Anyway, this is a red herring. The subject is Quinn, and I specifically emphasized his support for David Duke and the assasination of Abraham Lincoln. Would you care to defend those? Clearly Quinn's Confederate sympathies make him unpatriotic.
 
That is a very dubious source. Anyway, this is a red herring. The subject is Quinn, and I specifically emphasized his support for David Duke and the assasination of Abraham Lincoln. Would you care to defend those? Clearly Quinn's Confederate sympathies make him unpatriotic.

It's can't be a red herring since your post implied that he was wrong on Mandela. I just confirmed that in that one instance he was correct. I could go into the reason for many states reluctance to not have an MLK holiday but you do not appear to be interested in that. On Quinn's neo-confederate ideas I agree with you and McCain should never have associated with him especially with his ties to Duke, a person that the GOP long ago ,rightfully, threw under the bus. As to dubious sources just Google Mandela and terrorism and you will get the same information from every one. Some excusing the behavior and others condemning it but none denying it. As to your mention of the Nobel, Yasser Arafat also received it so it is not unprecedented that the peace prize went to a terrorist.
 
On Quinn's neo-confederate ideas I agree with you and McCain should never have associated with him especially with his ties to Duke, a person that the GOP long ago ,rightfully, threw under the bus.

OK, fine. We basically agree on the central point. We could argue about the other issues, but that would be getting very far into the weeds.
 
I did - but I was over there. But don't forget the chopper and the door gunner keeping the troops from getting at least some of the villagers. A real shame that little pile of feces Calley didn't challenge the chopper.



ETA:I have few heroes - that chopper crew is among them.

Of course the vast majority of Vietnam vets behaved honorably, and many were very heroic. But some couldn't handle it and committed atrocities. Those who committed atrocities are responsible for their actions, but I don't think they should have been put in a situation thay can't handle in the first place. One or two atrocities like My Lai outweigh thousands of good deeds. It's a shame for those who tried honorably to do their duty.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom