EHocking
Penultimate Amazing
No, no, no.Well, if you have that much free time, you can always clean up after me again.
The The avibase search on Snow Goose (purportedly Clements 8, but you can also choose Clements 6) has all Snow Goose entries as anser, if that's any help.When I added Bruto's snow geese, I actually wrote "Snow geese", which shows up as a separate species. This is because all previous reports erroneously were placed in the genus Branta for some reason. It should be Anser, I guess, unless Clements has them in Chen. I will check this when I get home.
I think that will get winkled out from your next point...Pheasant is also listed twice, for some reason. There may be a space or something in the name column, if that matters.
Good point. The Species List total count (on the web pages) doesn't gel with the Country List total count in the pivot tables, unless I use Scientific Names for the former and English for the latter.In fact, there are several ones that are listed twice, the difference being "European", "Common", and so on. Does the list not count according to scientific name?
As I've proposed in our personal emails, since you've instigated the thread, I think it's simplest if we defer to your original set if rules. I agree on the "European" "Common" nomenclature, it really only comes into play when we get to naming New World birds (Oz, US) i.e. where the Oz Robins aren't the same as European or US, or US Jays aren't European Jays, but there ARE introduced European species in these countries, so call them their "original" English names.
Here's the avibase summaryThere are splits and subspecies there. I suggest - your list, your call.Notes to myself:
Also check what Clements call Larus dominicanus as there are too many "Black-backed Gull".
Hmm - again, I think that's a problem with New World bird naming. The US Warblers (according to Nat.Geo) are covered by Muscicapidae and Emberizidae and the Oz ones are (Simpson and Day) Sylviidae and Acanthizidae.Also: House finch or Papayabird?
Are American Warblers placed in Parulidae in Clements?
Call it as you see it. Again - revert to your first post rules. Your list, your rules...How's that for being helpfull!
)