• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The case against Dr. Paul

With the exception of the rise in Cdn and Aussie dollars, none of those things have happened. Which brings me back to my original question. When will the apocalypse happen? For all of those predictions to fully occur, how long will it take? When will Rome's fall be complete?

????????

Are you deliberately playing dumb?

These things I've listed have all been going on, all the time, for the last several years.

They're all speeding up.

Don't bother responding, I'm not going to read your posts anymore. I don't think you'll ever get it.

"Don't worry -- the world needs ditch diggers too, you know." -- Caddyshack

-Dave
 
I am a Canadian, and trust me, I am going to take full advantage of our dollar's parity with the USD....why? Because I KNOW it will not last.

You're partially correct. The parity won't last, but it's heading towards the US dollar being worth even less than the Canadian dollar.

As an American ashamed of his government, I wish to complement you, as a Canadian, on your country's relative success. Enjoy your increasing purchasing power!

I'm heavily invested in Canada, also, so I'll be enjoying the same gains as well. :)

-Dave
 
My last response explained all the facts. If you choose to ignore them that's your business. Nevertheless let's try again:

Candidate A = 25% of vote
Candidate B = 20% of vote
Candidate C = 10% of vote
Candidate D = 1% of vote

Media reports names for A, B and D, but not C. That is BIASED reporting. Biased why? Because we live in a fascist state, and it's getting more fascist as time goes on. Big business controls the media.

I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall sometimes...Your faith in the spoon-fed propaganda you've been eating all your life is something you really need to get over.

Honestly I don't care if Ron Paul wins or not. I'd choose Obama over Clinton, I just don't want to hear Clinton's voice and see her face for the next 4 or 8 years. Obama doesn't bother me. But no matter who wins, even Ron Paul, the economy is toast. Ron Paul would be better in the aftermath.

But the president doesn't matter so much. Vote with your wallet. Get out of dollars as fast as you can. Watch the dollar fall! It's accelerating. Too bad if you're going down with it.

-Dave

"Conspiracy theories take disparate facts and string them together."
 
Ok, its all the media's fault.

RP can take up a seat next to Hillary Clinton on the Whine Bus.

TAM:)

Somebody call a WAAAmbulance!

Do people actually read what we say and think of responses or is there a Ron Paul response Manual that everyone seems to be reading from?

Well, some of your posts are so nearly incoherent as to be impossible to reply to.
 
You're partially correct. The parity won't last, but it's heading towards the US dollar being worth even less than the Canadian dollar.

As an American ashamed of his government, I wish to complement you, as a Canadian, on your country's relative success. Enjoy your increasing purchasing power!

I'm heavily invested in Canada, also, so I'll be enjoying the same gains as well. :)

-Dave


Somehow I think the Canadians are not exactly thrilled having dash as a fan.
It must suck to hate your country as much as dash hates the US. But I note he is not putting his money (no joke intended) where his mouth is and move out of the US,which is the logical thing to do if he believes what he is spouting.
 
????????

Are you deliberately playing dumb?
Yes, actually. Some of us have to pretend; others are naturals. I'm trying to pin you down to a falsifiable claim. Sardonically, even, but you failed to detect that.
These things I've listed have all been going on, all the time, for the last several years.

They're all speeding up.

Don't bother responding, I'm not going to read your posts anymore. I don't think you'll ever get it.
-Dave
So...let's review your analysis:

1. Gold and silver prices skyrocket: hasn't happened
2. Bond prices collapse: hasn't happened
3. Bond markets evaporate: hasn't happened
3. CPI in double digits: hasn't happened
4. Commodity prices through the roof: hasn't happened
5. Gas $10 per gallon and higher: hasn't happened
6. Mass layoffs: not so much
7. Wealthy folks fleeing: nope
8. Loss of reserve status for dollar: hasn't happened

My question still stands. When?

"Don't worry -- the world needs ditch diggers too, you know." -- Caddyshack
The world definitely doesn't need more lawyers. Maybe I should consider a career change to ditch digger. That may have been the most sensible thing you've said in your entire time here.
 
Somehow I think the Canadians are not exactly thrilled having dash as a fan.
It must suck to hate your country as much as dash hates the US. But I note he is not putting his money (no joke intended) where his mouth is and move out of the US,which is the logical thing to do if he believes what he is spouting.

No profit in that.
 
Somehow I think the Canadians are not exactly thrilled having dash as a fan.
It must suck to hate your country as much as dash hates the US. But I note he is not putting his money (no joke intended) where his mouth is and move out of the US,which is the logical thing to do if he believes what he is spouting.

No profit in that.

Besides, you have to be on the spot for optimum gloating.
 
I am not a McCain Supporter,but he did show what to do when you discover that you have a wackjob in your campaign the other night: Disavow him or her and get rid of them as soon as possible.
Paul refusal to do this is one reason he has become a national joke.
Of course a major reason Paul refused to do that is that he agreed with a lot of the wackjobs in his campaign.....

McCain did not disavow anyone in his campaign.

The basic facts would be nice.
 
I am still trying to figure out dash's hatred for big business while advocating a lassiez faire capitalist system. Seems to me that the former is what you get with the latter.

Because you have ZERO understanding of any economic system it seems.
 
Because you have ZERO understanding of any economic system it seems.

Are you saying

1) that big business follows from from a lassiez faire capitalist system because dudalb has zero understanding of any economic systems, or

2) big business does not follow from a lassiez faire capitalist system, or

3) other

?

I'd appreciate it if you'd explain your answer if it's 2 or 3. 1 was obviously a funny.
 
You're partially correct. The parity won't last, but it's heading towards the US dollar being worth even less than the Canadian dollar.
It seems dash hasn't been keeping up with the changes in the USD-CAD exchange rate the last year or so.

The USD reached an all-time low against the CAD back on Nov. 7, 2007, as I already posted.

For those interested in seeing the changes over time, the following Yahoo! Finance charts will help illustrate how things have progressed:

USD to CAD over the last year
USD to CAD over the last two years
USD to CAD over the last five years

You can also use the Bank of Canada's CAD-USD exchange rate lookup tool, which has three different ways you can compare the rates over time.

The best the USD ever did against the CAD was back on Jan. 21, 2002, when $1 USD bought $1.6184 CAD. That was just over six years ago. The USD has been worth less than the CAD before. For example, on Aug. 21, 1957, $1 USD bought just $0.9422 CAD; on Apr. 25, 1974, $1 USD bought only $0.9576 CAD.

So it's not as if the current drop of the USD in value against the CAD is something new. It's just that it has been a long while since it last happened (about thirty years), and that the drop has been relatively rapid (less than six years from all-time high to all-time low).

As an American ashamed of his government, I wish to complement you, as a Canadian, on your country's relative success. Enjoy your increasing purchasing power!
It's not without its drawbacks. Manufacturing is getting hammered here due to the higher dollar since it makes our exports more expensive (and too many companies were relying on a low Canadian dollar to be profitable). Tourism, especially from the U.S., is taking a major hit. The film industry is also hurting since the effective bonus that U.S. and other foreign producers got from a low Canadian dollar have dried up.

Now somebody quote my post so dash can see it. He has this habit of quickly sticking someone onto his ignore list if they happen to post something which contradicts an established view of his.
 
Last edited:
dudalb asserted (2nd hand through Jerome's post)
I am still trying to figure out dash's hatred for big business while advocating a lassiez faire capitalist system. Seems to me that the former is what you get with the latter.

How confusing the world must be for you.

1) You don't understand what people write and you don't know it.
2) You jump to conclusions and and then wonder why it doesn't make any sense.

I never, not once, ever, ever said I hate big business.

Let me say that again. I NEVER, NOT ONCE, EVER, EVER SAID I HATE BIG BUSINESS.

Can you understand that?

Just as the Constitution makes it clear there must be a separation between church and state, I advocate a complete separation between business and state. Fascism is where special interest (big business, rich people, whatever) controls the government. I don't hate big business, or rich people. I hate a government that has slipped into being controlled by those things.

A government that can be manipulated into extending copyright law to 20, 50, 100, 200 years, because big business can. A government that can have its patent laws corrupted beyond all reason by special interests. A government that creates laws and has the power to enforce them, yet the laws are authored by special interest. Big business controlling the media, controlling the laws, controlling people's freedoms. Controlling people's access to information. All through controlling government.

I don't hate big business. I hate a situation where the government is not of the people, for the people, and by the people.

-Dave
 
It seems dash hasn't been keeping up with the changes in the USD-CAD exchange rate the last year or so.

The USD reached an all-time low against the CAD back on Nov. 7, 2007, as I already posted.

For those interested in seeing the changes over time, the following Yahoo! Finance charts will help illustrate how things have progressed:

USD to CAD over the last year
USD to CAD over the last two years
USD to CAD over the last five years

You can also use the Bank of Canada's CAD-USD exchange rate lookup tool, which has three different ways you can compare the rates over time.

The best the USD ever did against the CAD was back on Jan. 21, 2002, when $1 USD bought $1.6184 CAD. That was just over six years ago. The USD has been worth less than the CAD before. For example, on Aug. 21, 1957, $1 USD bought just $0.9422 CAD; on Apr. 25, 1974, $1 USD bought only $0.9576 CAD.

So it's not as if the current drop of the USD in value against the CAD is something new. It's just that it has been a long while since it last happened (about thirty years), and that the drop has been relatively rapid (less than six years from all-time high to all-time low).

It's not without its drawbacks. Manufacturing is getting hammered here due to the higher dollar since it makes our exports more expensive (and too many companies were relying on a low Canadian dollar to be profitable). Tourism, especially from the U.S., is taking a major hit. The film industry is also hurting since the effective bonus that U.S. and other foreign producers got from a low Canadian dollar have dried up.

Now somebody quote my post so dash can see it. He has this habit of quickly sticking someone onto his ignore list if they happen to post something which contradicts an established view of his.
Quoted as requested.
 
Now, dash, turn down the volume and give us some data we can work with instead.

You see, I´m studying economics, and I thus have at least a basic grasp of all those terms you´re throwing around. I am therefore curious about, among other things, how quickly and in which sequence all those doom and gloom predictions are going to come to pass.

So, I would appreciate very much if you could tell me when, according to your best estimate, the following things will happen:

1.) Gold prices (in US-$ per ounce) are twice what they are today
2.) Silver prices (in US-$ per ounce) are twice what they are today
3.) The Euro is worth twice as many US-$ as it is worth today (let´s call it $3.00)
4.) The Canadian Dollar is worth twice as many US-$ as it is worth today
5.) The Australian Dollar is worth twice as many US-$ as it is worth today
6.) US Government Bonds - long term and short term - sell for half of today´s price
7.) Core inflation (Headline inflation as measured by the CPI usually isn´t used by central banks) hits or exceeds 10%
8.) Core inflation hits or exceeds 100% (THAT is hyperinflation; 10% is essentially nothing)
9.) A gallon of gas costs at least $10
10.) OPEC (or OPEC members totalling at least 50% of OPEC´s total output) switch from US-$ to Euro as a reserve currency
11.) Unemployment exceeds 10% nationwide
12.) At least four of the ten richest people in the US today have left the country with their wealth

Don´t give me any "any time now" or "real soon" or wishy-washy stuff like that. How many days or months or years will it take, counting from today?
 
Don´t give me any "any time now" or "real soon" or wishy-washy stuff like that. How many days or months or years will it take, counting from today?

As far as gold and silver doubling, I'd expect within 1 year, 2 years max. But it might be much sooner.

Capital flight is ongoing. A fellow just sold out an expensive apartment or house in New York for over $15M, then moved to China, but I can't remember the name.

It's impossible to predict when. We're seeing the effects of flawed policies. Unless the policies change, the outcome is inevitable.

Your college courses on economics are all voodoo anyway, don't expect to really understand it if you only go on what you pick up there...

Here is a 1 hour interview with Jason Hommel that might help.

http://www.silverstockreport.com/audio/jasonhommel.wma
or
http://www.lulu.com/content/2120217

-Dave
ETA - I really tried to find the link to the NY homeowner selling out for $15 million, but I couldn't find it. Slashdot's "search" function is a joke. It wasn't on digg...The voodoo economics is Keynesian theory, BTW. I'm a fan of Austrian Theory, I think it's called. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_economics
Specifically on economics what you need to understand is that inflation is caused by the Fed, as are boom/bust cycles.
 
Last edited:
Now, dash, turn down the volume and give us some data we can work with instead.

Don´t give me any "any time now" or "real soon" or wishy-washy stuff like that. How many days or months or years will it take, counting from today?

It was worth a shot. Predictably, you got the same answer as the rest of us have been getting:

dash said:
It's impossible to predict when. We're seeing the effects of flawed policies. Unless the policies change, the outcome is inevitable.

Translation: trust in dash. He is wise. Don't listen to those foolish "experts" at your university.

Here is the one semi-specific prediction given besides faith-based paranoia and fuzzy anecdotes:

As far as gold and silver doubling, I'd expect within 1 year, 2 years max. But it might be much sooner.

Two years at the outside for doubling of gold/silver. OK. Let's start the clock as of now.
 
Two years at the outside for doubling of gold/silver. OK. Let's start the clock as of now.

I predict, assuming Dash is even around to explain why he's wrong, he'll identify some "change in policy" to explain why the price didn't double.
 
Two years at the outside for doubling of gold/silver. OK. Let's start the clock as of now.

You really need to "get it" because this is important. Silver and gold are already rising. I bought silver for around $14 in November. It's now February and pushing $20. See the chart below, I think you can click on it for more detail.

It shows the last year for gold, silver and platinum. You see the trend is rising. It's going to keep rising, as more and more people start becoming aware of the financial crisis the USA is in, and start dumping dollars in favor of real things like precious metals. Now if you say it was $14 in November and $19 in March (I'm being conservative) that's 35% in 4 months. That means in one year it will grow about 150%. So one dollar will become $2.50 in one year, which is more than doubling every year.

While you're waiting around seeing what gold and silver do, to determine if I'm on the level, you'll be missing out. Look at the past several years. I've entered the game in the middle. I didn't know any of this stuff I'm writing before October of last year. So you could say I've found religion and am trying to convert the rest of the poor sinners.

This stuff is real, it is worth digging into. I'm never asking people to trust me. I'm telling people to trust yourself. Don't trust what you learn about economics in college, don't trust textbooks, don't trust the news, don't trust government. Dig around on the internet and do your own research. The internet isn't controlled like the other outlets are. You get a lot of noise, but you get a lot of truth. You need to trust your own ability to discern which is which. The faster you do this, the more you stand to gain, financially, by understanding what is going on. You need to hurry if you want to benefit, because things are happening fast now.

-Dave
 

Attachments

  • silver.jpg
    silver.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 3

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom