Sarcasm, right?
That's true. But whenever someone says that vaccinations do not cause problems (like the disease they're supposed to prevent, autism, or whatever), I have my doubts.
But then, I've not had the flu since that time (early 1990's). Either the flu vaccine that gave me the flu also gave me some hard-core resistance to a variety of flu strains, or I've been very lucky.
And I don't believe in luck.
From my point of view, I don't think the issue is that there is zero risk from vaccines. There certainly is. And anti-vaxers might even have a small point in that in today's world, there is more of a comparable risk of your child getting consequences from a vaccine than if they didn't.
However, vaccination is more of a 'herd' thing than an individual one. On the balance of numbers, the majority of a population needs to be vaccinated against a pathogen. A few individuals who don't vaccinate will have greater protection thanks to the herd immunity, as there is a smaller population for a pathogen to flourish in.
Which is what I truly despise about anti-vaxers - they don't take the risk that others take, which ultimately affords them a certain protection from diseases. If nobody was vaccinated then the diseases of past centuries such as smallpox or measles would be hideous, and the risk of a vaccine would be considered small fry in comparison.
Athon