• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

January 2008 Stundie Nominations

Mobyseven

Philosopher
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
5,671
Well well well, seems we're bouncing into the New Year and straight onto the next round of Stundie nominations! It'll be a big month, with the December finals in the works, as well as the big one - the best of 2007, in the running for the big one!

To celebrate the entry into the New Year, I'm tentatively dropping the "JREF Quota" rule - it seems to have become unnecessary, and I feel that less severe restrictions will make my job easier when it comes to the end of the month. With that out of the way...

Dem Rulez:

  1. Nominations should always be accompanied by a link or a screenshot, to confirm that the quote exists and has not been taken out of context. (It would be wise to always have a backup screenshot, as truth movement forums are well known for deleting entire threads.)
  2. For a nomination to be eligible, it must have a real and obvious link to conspiracy theories, but not exclusively 9/11 conspiracy theories.
  3. Stundie nominations should 'stand alone'. Do not over-embellish introductions, but do provide comments. Do not use any blatant ad hominem attacks.
  4. Please post the nomination under the real screenname of the nominee, and not under a slightly altered name (e.g. Killclown, Roxpup, Do-over).
  5. The best Stundie nominations are short and sweet. As a guideline, no more than 6 lines should be included from the post. If you are giving context, highlight the actual nomination.
  6. Entire videos or audio clips are not eligible for nomination. Specific statements or claims from videos or audio clips are eligible for nomination.
  7. No long rants. Cut them down to the funniest bit.
  8. No speeling mistikes or tie-pose. Everybody makes a mistake once in a while!

Happy New Year - I'll see you all at the Bohemian Grove party on the second sabbath!


Mobyseven

Democratically Elected Tyrant
​
 
Alex Floum (screen name George Washington) is apparently in no particular rush to get rid of President Bush. Among his wishes for 2008:

Impeachment hearings begin.

This will no doubt cause endless problems for the President as he begins his third term.
 
Can I make a constructive suggestion?

You should define what "stundie" means in the OP of these threads. That way, newcomers to the forum will understand what this is all about without having to search the archives.

Maybe I'm phenomenally stupid, but I saw three or four of these threads before I figured out that what you were looking for were funny/amazing/stupid/etc quotations from consipiracy theory nuts.

Apologies if there is a reason you don't do this that I missed.

--Tim Farley
 
I nominate myself for "The War Against Christianity"

Reasons:

1) I have no paranormal abilities, so I'll never win the 1M$ prize.
2) The initial article has spawned much controversy and discussion, as well as another thread on the same subject.
3) There is a large skeptical contingent that seeks to debunk not only the War, but Christianity itself.
4) I am a Christian.
5) I am an Elder in the Presbyterian church.
6) I don't get enough attention.

Sincerely,

Fnord
 
I nominate myself for "The War Against Christianity"

Reasons:

1) I have no paranormal abilities, so I'll never win the 1M$ prize.
2) The initial article has spawned much controversy and discussion, as well as another thread on the same subject.
3) There is a large skeptical contingent that seeks to debunk not only the War, but Christianity itself.
4) I am a Christian.
5) I am an Elder in the Presbyterian church.
6) I don't get enough attention.

Sincerely,

Fnord


Dude, give it up.

1) It's not a particular quote

2) It's not really a CT

3) It's not really funny

4) It's not from January

and 5) No one who wants a Stundie should be allowed to get one.






So, is this enough attention?
 
Dude, give it up.
s1) It's not a particular quote
s2) It's not really a CT
s3) It's not really funny
s4) It's not from January
and s5) No one who wants a Stundie should be allowed to get one.
s6) So, is this enough attention?

r1) Then how about a quote from the third post in the first link?

"We're fighting back."

r2) "If the War Against Christianity is not a conspiracy theory, then it must be true." (Hey, another quote! I hereby nominate it!)

r3) Nowhere in Dem Rules does it say "must be funny."

r4) ... details ... details ... (See r2 above.)

r5) Again, no such rule against self-nomination.

r6) can i haz hugz?
 
Last edited:
r1) Then how about a quote from the third post in the first link?

"We're fighting back."

r2) "If the War Against Christianity is not a conspiracy theory, then it must be true." (Hey, another quote! I hereby nominate it!)

r3) Nowhere in Dem Rules does it say "must be funny."

r4) ... details ... details ... (See r2 above.)

r5) Again, no such rule against self-nomination.

r6) can i haz hugz?




1) That quote isn't fit to shine the boots of a True Stundie.

2) Not being a conspiracy theory doesn't mean it's true.

2a) Manufactuing new quotes just to get in under the January nominations is just soooo obvious, it's not going to work.

3) No, but it helps.

4) See 2a)

5) Not a Rule, just words to live by.

6) No!
 
The following two posts are my nominations since they come from the same person. I included the defensive reply because it makes the whole thing so sad.

By a guy named 'Walter' posting as "SunWestMovies" on this video [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cddIgb1nGJ8] said:

"Ark is wrong, things without mass can cut thru solid steel, water is one, Aluminum is not one. His argument is flawed. Yet he is the one claiming to be the "expert" I not an expert. So get it right Ark, for once in you life get it right. "

And the defensive reply:

"Water has mass and Aluminum has mass. All things have mass idiot. So I wasn't saying what you are saying I was saying. But a water cutting machine is not the same as Aluminum cutting thru solid steel beams."

This is the 'Flight Sim' guy from the last Stundie.
 
Can I make a constructive suggestion?

You should define what "stundie" means in the OP of these threads. That way, newcomers to the forum will understand what this is all about without having to search the archives.

Maybe I'm phenomenally stupid, but I saw three or four of these threads before I figured out that what you were looking for were funny/amazing/stupid/etc quotations from consipiracy theory nuts.

Apologies if there is a reason you don't do this that I missed.

--Tim Farley

Ladies and gentlemen...especially ladies *wink*, read the above to discover what a Stundie is!

I'll include a brief explanation next month - your suggestion is well appreciated! :)

-----

Fnord, you don't deserve a post of your own. If you want to annoy me, try and find a method that will actually work. Alternately, you could try actually participating in conversation, rather than your usual combination of whine-dodge-ignore-annoy. You're not going to William Rea me into a reaction.
 
This one takes a bit of setup, but I'm nominating Miragememories for his attempt to belittle Belz, which actually ends up summing up the whole twoof movement in one line:




1. Origin and history of the pages are unknown to me. As I understand it, it is quite easy to photoshop digital pictures nowadays. So before you link pictures to me, establish their reliability, etc.

"Images CAN be faked, therefore they WERE!"

"Al Qaeda airborne terrorist attacks can be faked, therefore they WERE!"

MM
 
Chewbacca2000 on Alex Jones:

I wouldn’t call him a fraud, I'd call him someone who will probably have statues of him built someday. I think he deliberately acts nuts sometimes just to stay alive because if he acted as a true unifier then he'd be wacked like MLK etc in no time. For all his faults over all AJ does a lot of good and the people who don’t see that don’t know enough about him frankly.

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Loose_Change_Forum/index.php?showtopic=20917&view=findpost&p=14755922
 
Naval engineer Heiwa sure knows his physics and structural engineering. The Twin Towers shouldn't have collapsed because,

...the top part should bounce back. Elementary. Giga powers! But it is like a feather falling on a straw. Physics.
 
Naval engineer Heiwa sure knows his physics and structural engineering. The Twin Towers shouldn't have collapsed because,
Heiwa said:
...the top part should bounce back. Elementary. Giga powers! But it is like a feather falling on a straw. Physics.

Hm...I think I've figured out who Heiwa really is...


"I'm a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am. You're just a woman with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science."

 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom