• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Oliver on the Iraqi death toll.

I think that after the Iraqi war will be over, and after the whole fuss with Iran will be settled, they will not have enemies around to justify their 500-billion-plus-a-year army..
you really think so? I doubt it very much. It's nice to see that you think that from now on (after Iran anyways) it can only get better, not worse... but I do not share that optimism.

That the economic power is shifting to other parts of the world will mean that America will find it harder and harder to defend its strategic interests. But it's not going to give up trying.
 
...combining self-interest with missionary zeal rarely goes over well with the recipients. I'd consider this to be basic common sense psychology
Well said. Sounds like the point I was trying to get across, using many many more words.
 
Americans killed millions in Vietnam and China

Um... what? I must have been asleep during the great American invasion of China...

Oliver, please, for the love of all that's holy, go read a history book.

-Gumboot
 
Um... what? I must have been asleep during the great American invasion of China...

Oliver, please, for the love of all that's holy, go read a history book.

-Gumboot
Didn't you hear? The so-called Japanese invasion of China was really a US false-flag operation.
 
Um... what? I must have been asleep during the great American invasion of China...

Oliver, please, for the love of all that's holy, go read a history book.

-Gumboot


Your optimism is inspiring - too bad that the Government
disagrees with you:

The Fog of War - Sec. of Defense Robert McNamara's Experience:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8653788864462752804

Google Video This video is not hosted by the ISF, the ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
 
Last edited:
It is also probably wrong.


quote.gif
;)
 
you really think so? I doubt it very much. It's nice to see that you think that from now on (after Iran anyways) it can only get better, not worse... but I do not share that optimism.

I think that having bases all around the world, is part of of the problem, not of the solution
 
Your optimism is inspiring - too bad that the Government
disagrees with you:

The Fog of War - Sec. of Defense Robert McNamara's Experience:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8653788864462752804

Google Video This video is not hosted by the ISF, the ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE



What has that got to do with anything? You claimed the US have killed "millions in Vietnam and China". I contend the US has not killed millions in China at all, in fact I'll contend that US military forces (I'm assuming that's what you're talking about) have not killed anyone in China (since the end of WW2).

You respond by posting a documentary about McNamara's eleven lessons learned from the Vietnam War? How is that relevant?

-Gumboot
 
What has that got to do with anything? You claimed the US have killed "millions in Vietnam and China". I contend the US has not killed millions in China at all, in fact I'll contend that US military forces (I'm assuming that's what you're talking about) have not killed anyone in China (since the end of WW2).

You respond by posting a documentary about McNamara's eleven lessons learned from the Vietnam War? How is that relevant?

-Gumboot

So, you agree the American troops killed millions in Vietnam, but not killed anyone in China?
BTW, I am not even sure the American army killed millions in Vietnam, even if the Vietnam war directly resulted in about 2 millions of ( mostly ) civilian deaths
 
So, you agree the American troops killed millions in Vietnam, but not killed anyone in China? BTW, I am not even sure the American army killed millions in Vietnam, even if the Vietnam war directly resulted in about 2 millions of ( mostly ) civilian deaths


Well just over a million North Vietnamese and NLF combatants were killed/MIA in the Vietnam War, meanwhile the number of civilians killed is wildly debated, ranging from under 1 million to over 5 million.

-Gumboot
 
Well just over a million North Vietnamese and NLF combatants were killed/MIA in the Vietnam War, meanwhile the number of civilians killed is wildly debated, ranging from under 1 million to over 5 million.

-Gumboot

So, even more than 2 millions..
 
Critical thinking at work.


No. The most factual numbers are the ones that are
reported: Source = Iraqbodycount :

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/database/

Disclaimer:

We are not a news organization ourselves and like everyone else can only base our information on what has been reported so far. What we are attempting to provide is a credible compilation of civilian deaths that have been reported by recognized sources. Our maximum therefore refers to reported deaths - which can only be a sample of true deaths unless one assumes that every civilian death has been reported. It is likely that many if not most civilian casualties will go unreported by the media. That is the sad nature of war.


...Your numbers? :rolleyes: Fox News? :rolleyes:
 
Last edited:
So, in order to support the figure of “500 thousands to 1.2 million” you cite the “most factual” reports, which state “78,280 – 85,289”.
 
...Your numbers? Fox News?


I see you are still simply unable to relinquish you polarised and tribalist option that anyone who doesn’t agree with your conspiratorial agitprop must, by default, be a hard-right neo-con.
 
It is likely that many if not most civilian casualties will go unreported by the media.

So, in order to support the figure of “500 thousands to 1.2 million” you cite the “most factual” reports, which state “78,280 – 85,289”.

You are keeping ignoring evidence that it has been shown to you.
This is called bias.
 
Last edited:
No. The most factual numbers are the ones that are
reported: Source = Iraqbodycount :

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/database/

Disclaimer:




...Your numbers? :rolleyes: Fox News? :rolleyes:


Yes that's right Oliver, the Iraq Body Count only uses Fox News for their sources.

Please try engage your brain for a brief second.

Here's a list of Iraqi newspapers that have websites.

Here's some middle east news agencies, and here's another list, and here's another just for fun.

Fox News indeed.

-Gumboot
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom