• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

It is quite certain Peter spent his last years in Rome

You bet. St. Alphonso's House of Pancakes never closes. Just keep your cotton-pickin' hands off the sausage patties...I'm watching you, you perv.
I can't get in there. I got swamp foot.
 
But...but...He's the most listened-to Presbyterian preacher in the world! DOC says so! Surely he can't be a liar??!?!?

When it comes to Church and State and Creationism and Evolution, he's either a liar or astoundingly stupid. Given that he has like 20 honoraria listed after his name at the end of the Coral Ridge Hour show, I'm guessing he's not stupid.
 
That's probably not possible. I'm entirely confident that Kennedy has lied many times of which I am unaware. However, you can check the Jefferson thread for ample proof of something like twenty lies.


Well just give me three of James Kennedy's lies if you don't want to do 20.



Quote:
Christopher Columbus, "The Book of Prophecies", quoted in John Eidsmoe, "Columbus and Cortez, Conquerors for Christ: The Controversy, The Conquest, The Mission, The Visions" (Green Forest,AR, New Leaf Press, 1992).

drkitten said:
... which is a secondary source, and almost certainly incorrect as well. You owe me $20.

Actually the quote is from Columbus' "The Book Of Prophecies" and that is a primary source, written by ol' Chris himself. It's all over the internet. Give the $20 dollars to your favorite charity.
 
I can't get in there. I got swamp foot.

Verily if thy foot offend thee, cut it off, for it is better to enter footless into the house of pancakes than get no pancakes at all.
 
Well just give me three of James Kennedy's lies if you don't want to do 20.

I have done twenty. I don't want to do them again. They're clearly documented in the Jefferson thread.


Quote:
Christopher Columbus, "The Book of Prophecies", quoted in John Eidsmoe, "Columbus and Cortez, Conquerors for Christ: The Controversy, The Conquest, The Mission, The Visions" (Green Forest,AR, New Leaf Press, 1992).


Actually the quote is from Columbus' "The Book Of Prophecies" and that is a primary source, written by ol' Chris himself.

No, the quote is from John Eidsmoe, as your own attribution makes clear. That's what "quoted in" means -- you didn't check a primary source. You didn't tell me what Columbus wrote; you told me what Eidsmoe said he wrote, and I have no reason to believe that Eidsmoe is any more honest than Kennedy or you are.

You owe me $20.
 
Originally Posted by DOC View Post
Well just give me three of James Kennedy's lies if you don't want to do 20.

I have done twenty. I don't want to do them again. They're clearly documented in the Jefferson thread.


You imply that you pointed out 20 Kennedy lies in the "Thomas Jefferson's admiration and financial support of Christianity" thread. You, really start to lose credibility when you make statements like this. But I'm glad your doing it because it hurts your side of the debate..




drkitten said:
No, the quote is from John Eidsmoe, as your own attribution makes clear. That's what "quoted in" means -- you didn't check a primary source. You didn't tell me what Columbus wrote; you told me what Eidsmoe said he wrote, and I have no reason to believe that Eidsmoe is any more honest than Kennedy or you are.


A few clicks of your mouse looking up the quote and all the many websites and different people that attribute it to Columbus will make you a believer. But I can certainly understand how the Columbus quote blows the mind of someone brought up with secular textbooks.
 
You imply that you pointed out 20 Kennedy lies in the "Thomas Jefferson's admiration and financial support of Christianity" thread.

I do not. I state that I pointed out 20 Kennedy lies in that thread.

You, really start to lose credibility when you make statements like this.

Only until someone checks the thread and finds the relevant posts.

A few clicks of your mouse looking up the quote and all the many websites and different people that attribute it to Columbus will make you a believer.

You mean, if enough secondary sources lie about something, it becomes true?

But I can certainly understand how the Columbus quote blows the mind of someone brought up with secular textbooks.

It doesn't blow my mind at all. I'm very familiar with religously motivated quote-mining. That's why I ask for a primary source -- because a large fraction of the time, the original quote, in the original context, has nothing to do with the message that the secondary sources would like to present -- again, as has been amply demonstrated in the Jefferson Thread.

DOC, Kennedy is a proven liar. You are a proven liar and quote-miner, in that same thread. Why should I believe that any source you quote actually says what you claim it does?

And you still owe me $20.
 
Quite certain, well that's what the New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967) says in its article on Peter "the apostle".
The New Catholic Encyclopedia? Wasn't this brought to us by the same folks that first said that there was limbo and then that there wasn't? The same folks that turned a mythology about the assumption of Mary, the immaculate conception or the virgin birth (as if a trip through the birth canal or death are somehow inherently bad) into gospel?

How can you take this stuff seriously? It's man made. If there is a god she has got to be pretty embarrassed by all the BS people attribute to her.
 
Last edited:
The New Catholic Encyclopedia? Wasn't this brought to us by the same folks that first said that there was limbo and then that there wasn't? The same folks that turned a mythology about the assumption of Mary, the immaculate conception or the virgin birth (as if a trip through the birth canal or death are somehow inherently bad) into gospel?

How can you take this stuff seriously? It's man made. If there is a god she has got to be pretty embarrassed by all the BS people attribute to her.


And you believe Mary evolved from a chance collision of non-living atoms in a swamp pool. Hey where did the atoms come from? Oh I know the Big Bang 14 billion years ago made them out some kind of unusual energy that doesn't exist now. How did the Big Bang happen? Ah, we don't know because the physical laws don't explain how the Big Bang could happen.

I think it takes greater "faith" to be an atheist than a Christian.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom