• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

It is quite certain Peter spent his last years in Rome

You've earned a place of honor in the "Attack the messenger" Club.

Those words alone don't constitute an ad hominem.

Did you really waste time counting the words? Really?

Did you see my ARGUMENT AD POPULUM UP THERE, DOC?

Do you have ANYTHING to say, perhaps along the lines of "Oh, thanks! I see now why this is a fallacious and poor argument! I learned something today; thanks so much!"

If the men about whom you argue were alive today, they'd happily slap you.
 
Once again, without a reasoned explanation, stating specific posts, the above post is absolutely meaningless, and contributes 0 to the forum or to anybody's knowledge. It could have been posted by any troll who wondered into a internet cafe after a night of drinking.
My previous thread disproved this ad hom that you lobbed in my direction.
Congratulations to Joobz! I think you've beat out Ducky for your use of the words:

you, you've, your

I've counted the use of those words about

40 times in post 375.

You've earned a place of honor in the "Attack the messenger" Club.
Instead of actually answering any question I asked, you retreat to a position of false indignance. This tactic is transparent and exposes you as an intellectual coward.

EITHER PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

Will you answer My, Slingblade's, Ducky's or anyones questions on this thread?

Read through my posts. You'll see I treated you with respect. You offered no such thing in return.
 
Pilgrims named from a bible verse found in 1st Peter

Well since this thread has to do with Peter, I thought I'd give a little trivia. Once again, this is the kind of info that will never be taught in public schools, much like the info I bring up about Columbus (in another thread).

From the book "What if Jesus had never been born" by D. James Kennedy and Jerry Newcombe:

"... Columbus saw his voyage as fulfillment of what Isaiah had prophesied about the heathen turning to the true God. About a decade after his expedition, he wrote:

It was the Lord who put into my mind (I could feel His hand upon me) to sail to the Indies. All who heard of my project rejected it with laughter, ridiculing me. There is no question that the inspiration was from the Holy Spirit, because He comforted me with rays of marvelous illumination from the Holy Scriptures... Our Lord Jesus Christ desired to perform a very obvious miracle in the voyage to the Indies."

Well anyway, the Pilgrims (who were so important in the settling of this country) got their name from Governor William Bradford who named them that. Bradford quoted from 1 Peter 2:11 which reads; "Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and "pilgrims", abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul".
 
So?


ETA: OK, I can play this game too. Hawai'ians and Maori both have a legend where Maui fishes up the islands using a bone hook made from the jaw of his grandmother. This clearly proves the superiority of the Polynesian peoples, and the toughness of their grandmothers. They should teach this in all of the public schools in America, as the Polynesians were here first!
 
Last edited:
From the book "What if Jesus had never been born" by D. James Kennedy and Jerry Newcombe:

Kennedy and Newcombe are proven liars. I have twenty bucks that says you can't find a primary source to support that quotation.
 
Better reading than the 1967 whatever encyclopedia, especially for those who enjoy a more academic review of Biblical reference:

Antioch and Rome by Raymond E. Brown and John Meier. It's out of print, but is certainly worth tracking down for reading on the early life of the Christianity.

Regards,

A
 
ETA: OK, I can play this game too. Hawai'ians and Maori both have a legend where Maui fishes up the islands using a bone hook made from the jaw of his grandmother. This clearly proves the superiority of the Polynesian peoples, and the toughness of their grandmothers. They should teach this in all of the public schools in America, as the Polynesians were here first!

You have to look at the degree of influence. Who had more influence on present day USA, Columbus and the Pilgrims or the Polynesian people. If the Polynesians had more influence on present day USA I would be all for teaching Polynesian history in school.

And I would see nothing wrong with teaching your story in a history course about Hawaiin history in public school. And that story probably would be taught in public school if there was ever such a course.

But the info I presented about Columbus's motivation for his voyage could never be taught in public schools even though it is very important historical information.
 
Why waste time wondering about it, why not just move a thread that you find important.


I live in the eternal hope that someone, some day, will explain why you keep posting it. It isn't the posts or their content that are interesting, but rather the single-minded determination that indicates there may be some point to it all. What is your point?
 
Kennedy and Newcombe are proven liars. I have twenty bucks that says you can't find a primary source to support that quotation.

Please list all the times Dr. James Kennedy has lied and all the times Newcombe has lied.

The footnote for the Columbus quote is

Christopher Columbus, "The Book of Prophecies", quoted in John Eidsmoe, "Columbus and Cortez, Conquerors for Christ: The Controversy, The Conquest, The Mission, The Visions" (Green Forest,AR, New Leaf Press, 1992).
 
I live in the eternal hope that someone, some day, will explain why you keep posting it. It isn't the posts or their content that are interesting, but rather the single-minded determination that indicates there may be some point to it all. What is your point?

As I've already stated and I'll repeat myself I'm just putting the info out there. What you do with it is your business. For you and others to keep asking why is flooding the thread and against the rules, and shows me just how important all this is. If it wasn't important you wouldn't bother.
 
Please list all the times Dr. James Kennedy has lied and all the times Newcombe has lied.

That's probably not possible. I'm entirely confident that Kennedy has lied many times of which I am unaware. However, you can check the Jefferson thread for ample proof of something like twenty lies.

Christopher Columbus, "The Book of Prophecies", quoted in John Eidsmoe, "Columbus and Cortez, Conquerors for Christ: The Controversy, The Conquest, The Mission, The Visions" (Green Forest,AR, New Leaf Press, 1992).

... which is a secondary source, and almost certainly incorrect as well. You owe me $20.
 
As I've already stated and I'll repeat myself I'm just putting the info out there. What you do with it is your business. For you and others to keep asking why is flooding the thread and against the rules, and shows me just how important all this is. If it wasn't important you wouldn't bother.


But if there is no point to "putting the info out there", why do you keep doing it? Asking why is not flooding if you keep responding without providing an answer. You can report this post if you want to I guess. *shrug*

I mean, I could keep posting cool stories about the Polynesians (such as how they visited South America long before Columbus), but normally I have some kind of incentive or trigger (such as someone referring to the "Liki Tiki"). What is your incentive for posting your stories?
 
DOC, it's like this.

1. You post BS.
2. We call you on it, because this is a skeptics' board, and calling people on their BS is what we like to do.
3. Thus, your thread gets attention.

Ergo....The fact that your BS gets attention here is not evidence that your BS has substance. If anything, it's evidence to the contrary.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom