• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's make a deal. I'll keep putting out informative posts like post 815 if you promise to keep putting out empty non-informative posts like this. Deal.

i know you werent talking to me but i need more proof that your sources are informative rather than deceptive. It seems like the people you listen to have a lot to gain by manipulating you.

This will be the last time I respond to any of your many empty posts that contain no new information. But in a way I'm glad you're doing it because any lurkers are probably tuning you out big time.

everyone is just trying to get you to think critically about what you present. that is far from 'empty'.
 
Actually the book I was referring to earlier is called

The Military 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Military Leaders of All Time (Hardcover)

And Washington was ranked as number #1 (just ahead of Alexander the Great and Napolean) for his overall influence. There is a lot more to being a great Military Leader than tactics. Understanding tactics don't mean much when your trying to motivate and feed 12,000 men at Valley Forge who are cold and starving and are seeing their buddies dying around them every day.
 
Last edited:
This will be the last time I respond to any of your many empty posts that contain no new information. But in a way I'm glad you're doing it because any lurkers are probably tuning you out big time.
Every single time a lurker has dropped in to post just once or twice, he or she has said that it's clear you're not giving any useful information, and that they will be tuning -you- out. Not once has anyone said you're being honest and truthful, or giving any interesting information (the reason for this being that lies aren't information). On the contrary, people have dropped in to say that it's posters like Cleon and fowlsound and Slingblade that has taught them something new they didn't know. The latest one to do this was Darat.

Shouldn't that tell you something?

But I guess facts like that is something you ignore (just like all the other facts), since that collides with your already made-up mind. I pity such a wasted mind, incapable of looking at facts at evidence in an unbiased manner...

But if you want to change everyone's opinion of you as a fundamentalist liar, here's a really good suggestion on how to start this: Answer the following questions with the actual facts:

"It can hardly be argued that either students or teachers shed their constitutional rights to freedom of speech or expression at the schoolhouse gate."

1. In what case were these words uttered?
2. In what year were these words uttered?
3. In what year was the ACLJ founded?

So, when will you start being honest and truthful, and capable of doing proper research before throwing out wrong claims?
 
Actually the book I was referring to earlier is called

The Military 100: A Ranking of the Most Influential Military Leaders of All Time (Hardcover)

And Washington was ranked as number #1 (just ahead of Alexander the Great and Napolean) for his overall influence. There is a lot more to being a great Military Leader than tactics. Understanding tactics don't mean much when your trying to motivate and feed 12,000 men at Valley Forge who are cold and starving and are seeing their buddies dying around them every day.

Yeah. And Hitler is #14. That's "better" than Dwight D. Eisenhower, he only made #18 of your funny list, DOC. As you put it, "There is a lot more to being a great Military Leader than tactics." :rolleyes:

Another very "credible" source you have pulled here, DOC.
 
And no King Kamehameha? Only 8 out of 100 from Asia? Apparently one of the "more to being a great military leader" requirements is being born in the western hemisphere. Again, what a stupid book.
 
And no King Kamehameha? Only 8 out of 100 from Asia? Apparently one of the "more to being a great military leader" requirements is being born in the western hemisphere. Again, what a stupid book.

Saladin barely made it to the list as #91. Go figure. It was written from an uber-western (US) point of view.
 
Let's make a deal. I'll keep putting out informative posts like post 815 if you promise to keep putting out empty non-informative posts like this. Deal.

This must be some new definition of "informative" I was previously unaware of.

This will be the last time I respond to any of your many empty posts that contain no new information. But in a way I'm glad you're doing it because any lurkers are probably tuning you out big time.
Once again DOC you seem to be suffering from the delusion that you're coming across as informed and intelligent.

You're not. You're coming across as dishonest and arrogant--both of which, I might point out, are extremely un-Christian.
 
Last edited:
Waitwaitwaitwai....
Saddam Hussein and Kim Il Sung are "better" than Saladin? Give me a freakin' break.

And Rommel significantly above Patton...those two should be side-by-side.
 
Actually because DOC is wrong all the time and the posts correcting him make for interesting reading his tangental posts aren't utterly without value.

I didn't look up the book, but I can't imagine any serious military historian or even casual military history buff thinking George Washington was a more influential military leader than Alexander the Great. I'd also question the use of "influential" and whether they're referring to influence on military theory in which case Washington isn't in the top 50 or influence on history in which case he's in the top 100, but not number 1.

And no King Kamehameha? Only 8 out of 100 from Asia? Apparently one of the "more to being a great military leader" requirements is being born in the western hemisphere. Again, what a stupid book.

Did Si Ma Yi (your transliteration may vary) or the Trung sisters get a mention? They're two examples of what I mean about having a lasting influence on history. A united China and VietNam are influencing history to this very day. After Si Ma Yi put the last nail in the Han coffin, China has basically been unified, and the Viet Minh revolution put an end to French colonialism in Southeast Asia.

Did Shaka Zulu make the list? I'm guessing the African contingent was light apart from Hannibal.
 
Did Si Ma Yi (your transliteration may vary) or the Trung sisters get a mention? They're two examples of what I mean about having a lasting influence on history. A united China and VietNam are influencing history to this very day. After Si Ma Yi put the last nail in the Han coffin, China has basically been unified, and the Viet Minh revolution put an end to French colonialism in Southeast Asia.

Did Shaka Zulu make the list? I'm guessing the African contingent was light apart from Hannibal.

Of course not, they weren't white Christians like George Washington...

...or DOC.
 
Actually because DOC is wrong all the time and the posts correcting him make for interesting reading his tangental posts aren't utterly without value.

I didn't look up the book, but I can't imagine any serious military historian or even casual military history buff thinking George Washington was a more influential military leader than Alexander the Great. I'd also question the use of "influential" and whether they're referring to influence on military theory in which case Washington isn't in the top 50 or influence on history in which case he's in the top 100, but not number 1.



Did Si Ma Yi (your transliteration may vary) or the Trung sisters get a mention? They're two examples of what I mean about having a lasting influence on history. A united China and VietNam are influencing history to this very day. After Si Ma Yi put the last nail in the Han coffin, China has basically been unified, and the Viet Minh revolution put an end to French colonialism in Southeast Asia.

Did Shaka Zulu make the list? I'm guessing the African contingent was light apart from Hannibal.


Strangely enough, Shaka Zulu did make the list. I don't know about the others. The only Chinese name that stuck out was Sun Tzu, but they might have been in there, and I am not very interested in going back to that web site.
 
Washington was still sniveling around the Philadelphia until La Fayette and d'Estaing showed up.



When did Gen. La Fayette get called the "Father of Our Country"?
Or Comte Rochambeau?
Or Gen. von Steuben?


It's one thing to bash me, and want to kick the boys scouts out of a park; but when you start bashing Washington at Valley Forge, I think you pretty much show your true colors.

You enjoy the blood bought freedoms you have, and then you trash the people who gave them to you. Interesting -- sad, but interesting.
 
Last edited:
It's one thing to bash me, and want to kick the boys scouts out of a park; but when you start bashing Washington at Valley Forge, I think you pretty much show your true colors.

You enjoy the blood bought freedoms you have, and then you trash the people who gave them to you. Hmm, interesting.

If you dispute his post so much, where are your sources to show kmortis wrong?


Ps, your logical fallacy this time was :

1) poisoning the well
2) ad hominem
 
Strangely enough, Shaka Zulu did make the list. I don't know about the others. The only Chinese name that stuck out was Sun Tzu, but they might have been in there, and I am not very interested in going back to that web site.

If Sun Tzu wasn't in the top 5 it would be a gross miscarriage of justice. Many of the tactics and strategies employed by Mao in the long fight with the Nationalists were directly out of Art of War. Given the longevity of his work Sun has influenced more military leaders than Clausewitz despite the latter being much more widely known in the West.
 
If Sun Tzu wasn't in the top 5 it would be a gross miscarriage of justice. Many of the tactics and strategies employed by Mao in the long fight with the Nationalists were directly out of Art of War. Given the longevity of his work Sun has influenced more military leaders than Clausewitz despite the latter being much more widely known in the West.


Sun Tzu was down in the 20's somewhere. I am pretty sure Clausewitz was listed higher. Go figure.
 
DOC:


"It can hardly be argued that either students or teachers shed their constitutional rights to freedom of speech or expression at the schoolhouse gate."

1. In what case were these words uttered?
2. In what year were these words uttered?
3. In what year was the ACLJ founded?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom