You probably don't realize this, but much of the above is thanks to the work of the American Center for Law and Justice (I believe it was founded by Pat Robertson).
You probably don't realize this, but I'm educated.
Now Pat has his faults, but thank God this organization called the ACLJ (composed of mostly Christian attorneys) is fighting the well financed ACLU tooth and nail.
And he is a moron for doing so. Rather like a man who beats his guard dog until it turns on him.
I believe that the wording "students don't leave their constitutional rights at the schoolhouse gates" came directly from Jay Sekulow (head of the American Center for Law and Justice) when he argued a case in front of the Supreme Court
How about you go one better than "belief?" I have before me the specific court case in which these words were uttered. I
know who said it, when, and in what context.
I'll give you a hint: so far, the only words you posted that match anything in this case are "Supreme" and "Court."
Let's have a quiz.
1. In what case were these words uttered?
2. In what year were these words uttered?
3. In what year was the ACLJ founded?
At the end of this quiz, you will discover everything you've said....is wrong!
Wheeee!
and the Dept. Of Education "now" uses it because Sekulow and the American Center for Law and Justice won the case before the Supreme Court.
No. This would be impossible. Take your quiz and find out how.
Because of the work of the ACLU we were put in an environment where a girl was told by a principle not to read the bible on the school bus because it violated separation of church and state. We were also put in an environment where students were put in a police car for praying around a flagpole.
We don't know that either of these incidents actually happened though.
When I thanked you for the source, I was thanking you for not providing a Geocities page. But the source you provide states very clearly that these are "anecdotal evidence." No one proved they happened, and I cannot find any evidence, such as an archived news report, for them.
Your evidence proves these anecdotes were told to a congressional hearing.
Your evidence proves they are anecdotes, and thus not evidence.
Your evidence also bites itself in its own metaphoric backside and admits these cases were settled in the students' favor, thus negating the claim that prayer and bibles are forbidden.
Let me know when you are ready to apologize for being so poorly educated and so ridiculously mendacious.