• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Edges Of Child Pornography: What Should Be Legal, What Shouldn't?

Anarchist, communist, whatever ... and not really pure!
I see. Well, thanks for sharing your views. Perhaps you should have made your basic stance clear from the beginning. It would have saved everyone a lot of time and bother replying.
 
DanishDynamite, judging by your last replies to dann, you seem unable to distinguish and understand irony, sarcasm and reasonableness. That seems most un-Danish of you.
 
I see. Well, thanks for sharing your views. Perhaps you should have made your basic stance clear from the beginning. It would have saved everyone a lot of time and bother replying.
Did it really come as a big surprise to you? My sig quotes well-known commies Brecht and Marx, I regularly link to two of my favourite Marxist websites, http://www.gegenstandpunkt.com and http://www.contradictio.de (unfortunately only one of them in English), in this thread I've made it clear that I'm not only anti-government, but also anti being governed. What is it that I haven't made abundantly clear from the beginning and repeated several times since then?

Wait a minute .... I feel another quotation coming up:

"If one tells the truth, one is sure, sooner or later, to be found out" (O.Wilde)
 
Did it really come as a big surprise to you? My sig quotes well-known commies Brecht and Marx, I regularly link to two of my favourite Marxist websites, http://www.gegenstandpunkt.com and http://www.contradictio.de (unfortunately only one of them in English), in this thread I've made it clear that I'm not only anti-government, but also anti being governed.

I was not under the impression that Marx was an Anarchist.
 
He wasn't! Nor was he any of those things that his name has become associated with in the 20th and 21st centuries, which is why I say whatever. The Soviet Union and its satellites were able to turn his analysis and criticism of capitalism in Das Kaptal into socialist interest rates, socialist wages etc. - and not least into the socialist state, where Marx wanted to get rid of the state, the power apparatus of the ruling classes.

Nor was Marx a paedophile. He did knock up the nanny, apparently, but she was not a minor and it was not really part of his teachings, I think. :) He and his friend F. Engels criticized the bourgeois family in other writings, and in their personal correspondence they sometimes mention "Päderasten", but in accordance with the 19th century it was a reference to homosexuals rather than paedophiles. Unfortunately they seem to have been just as ignorant about this theme as their contemporaries, i.e. they probably did not notice the element of bourgeois politics in the persecution of gays in Victorian England.
 
He wasn't! Nor was he any of those things that his name has become associated with in the 20th and 21st centuries, which is why I say whatever. The Soviet Union and its satellites were able to turn his analysis and criticism of capitalism in Das Kaptal into socialist interest rates, socialist wages etc. - and not least into the socialist state, where Marx wanted to get rid of the state, the power apparatus of the ruling classes.

It's been years since I studied this, but didn't he advocate replacing the power apparatus of the ruling class with one run by the proles? Isn't that still a government?

And I wasn't trying to cast aspersions, it's just that Anarchist = no formal government.

Nor was Marx a paedophile.
:D

He did knock up the nanny, apparently
Geez, in the Edwardian era, who didn't? :)
 
....Geez, in the Edwardian era, who didn't? :)
Engels.
Friedrich Engels spent all his time running around the place cleaning up Karl Marx's personal messes (of which there were many) and rewriting Marx's speeches into plain, far better-written English.

Engels ended up financially supporting Marx's entire family, and Marx's childrens' nanny. Engels didn't knock up any nannies himself, and given just how much time he devoted to running around cleaning up after Marx, he might well have not had any time nor inclination to knock up nannies himself.

I believe Kropotkin would have never knocked up a nanny, but I have no idea about Proudhon on that score.
 
Engels ended up financially supporting Marx's entire family, and Marx's childrens' nanny.
... and Marx's nanny's child, pretending that he had fathered it - to the consternation of some of the members of Marx's family.

... didn't he advocate replacing the power apparatus of the ruling class with one run by the proles? Isn't that still a government?
Yes, the dictatorship of the proletariat, but with the purpose of abolishing the state altogether, i.e. the transitional period between the takeover and the completion of the revolution. Not exactly what happened in the USSR or China, which has led to the Cuban joke that 'socialism is the transitional period between capitalism and ..... capitalism.'
 
Yes, the dictatorship of the proletariat, but with the purpose of abolishing the state altogether, i.e. the transitional period between the takeover and the completion of the revolution. Not exactly what happened in the USSR or China, which has led to the Cuban joke that 'socialism is the transitional period between capitalism and ..... capitalism.'

Heh.

What I remember from studying Marx decades ago is that he seemed to have a much higher opinion of mankind than we perhaps deserve- that free from the tyranny of ownership we'd all get along splendidly.

I may be mistaken in that; as I said, it's been a long time.
 
How would enforcement against child pornography (or even adult-child sex) in a stateless society work?
 
Psssst.
(whispers) well derailed, keep it up!
(I'll do my best, but don't tell anybody!)
What I remember from studying Marx decades ago is that he seemed to have a much higher opinion of mankind than we perhaps deserve- that free from the tyranny of ownership we'd all get along splendidly.

I may be mistaken in that; as I said, it's been a long time.
No, no, you're probably right: You don't deserve it! As for the rest of us, though, ... :)
Well, it is my impression that people tend to be much nicer when they get enough to eat, get enough sleep, get laid once in a while and don't have to worry about the future too much.

Hey, how come that sounds just like my New Year's resolutions?!!!
 
Psssst.

(whispers) well derailed, keep it up!
*snicker*

Let's talk about Emma Goldmann horsewhipping dumbo ex-boyfriends out in public too (actually a good idea for treating some ....... :D ooooo, I don't want to get back on-topic).. Oh, and does anyone have any knowledge of Proudhon's own nanny habits?
 
Well, it is my impression that people tend to be much nicer when they get enough to eat, get enough sleep, get laid once in a while and don't have to worry about the future too much.

Hey, how come that sounds just like my New Year's resolutions?!!!

All my New Years resolutions revolve around finally completing my long delayed plans to torment, torture, and ultimately completely ruin the life of a teenage sex robot.





I'm trying to write a book. :)
 
...I'm trying to write a book. :)
Ah, yet another oddbod at the British Library, eh?

"Scribbling, scribbling, always scribbling, Mr. ....., what, what!?"

Prize to anyone who gets the reference without googling.
 
DanishDynamite, judging by your last replies to dann, you seem unable to distinguish and understand irony, sarcasm and reasonableness. That seems most un-Danish of you.
Yes, that would be most Un-Danish. Could you point out where I might have made this mistake? Thanks.
 
Did it really come as a big surprise to you? My sig quotes well-known commies Brecht and Marx, I regularly link to two of my favourite Marxist websites, http://www.gegenstandpunkt.com and http://www.contradictio.de (unfortunately only one of them in English), in this thread I've made it clear that I'm not only anti-government, but also anti being governed. What is it that I haven't made abundantly clear from the beginning and repeated several times since then?
I've been mostly reading your replies to me. If you wished to make it clear to me that you were an anarchist, why didn't you just say so at the beginning?

Your opinion could thus be immediatelly discarded as irrelevant.
Wait a minute .... I feel another quotation coming up:

"If one tells the truth, one is sure, sooner or later, to be found out" (O.Wilde)
Nice quote. Wish you had told the truth to me.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom