• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Colonel Donn de Grand Pre

Try the POW Network.

They can help you track down (and interpret) his service records and they just love to hear about people falsely claiming military service.

They were very helpful to an Australian I know who was being harrassed on another internet forum by someone exagerating their US service record.
 
I do hope you nail the guy. I dont care what armed force or what branch it is. To claim military service when you have not - is right down there with the low of the lows
 
What has he said that makes you doubt his authenticity? The sites often do a bad job of reporting and often will use each other as a source, rather than contact the original source themselves. It then becomes a game of telephone, where the story is slightly altered everytime it is copied. The specific branch of service may have been mis-reported by one site and the others carried it on. However, if he had been serving since WWII, he could have been in both the Army and Air Force. I am not defending their source, by any means, and you should suspect anything coming from the sources you name and are right to check his credentials.
 
Last edited:
Well For mine - I have a couple of problems. He says he has been releasing books since 1975 - try and find them, there is just nothing about this guy before 2002

He has not actually been published - If you look carefully he is self published. Its called vanity press in the industry, generally not a good sign.

I listened to a little of an impromtu phone interview on Vets for 911 - It doesn't proves anything, but he doesn't sound 80 years old. Also in the interview he laid claim to being a full bird (what ever that is) colonel in the army. He didn't mention other services, so I think your theory of Chinese whispers might be right
 
Last edited:
3 entries in amazon.com for him, none before 2000

TAM
 
Last edited:
This is from the Alex Jones interview available at:http://www.prisonplanet.com/022904degrand.html

DGP: Well, what I was trying to get through here, John has done a beautiful job of laying it all out here on 911. What I want to carry away is that the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs himself has agreed, there were no hijackers. There were no cell phone calls. Everybody aboard that aircraft, pilots and crew, were unconscious within 8 to 18 minutes after take-off. And you can take it from there. I've got it covered in books 2 and 3, what actually happened.

AJ: So, they're knocked out and then the remote control takes place and the rest is history.

DGP: Yeah, there was remote control and .. yes.

AJ: By the way, people don't believe they have that. Kennedy's oldest son, JFK's big brother, died in a chase plane with remote controlling in a bomber loaded with explosives as a drone in 1944.

DGP: That is correct.

Wouldn't the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff have something to say about this guy prattling on? The interview has no date on it (or I'm too dense to figure out where it's posted), so I don't know who the Chariman was at that time. But the page copyright reads 2002-2003, so I take it it was in 2003.

He also seems to claim he was hired by Robt. MacNamara but in the review of his book released in 2003 they cite that he was the chief Middle East arms negotiator under Ford and Carter. Long career, eh?

Surely there'd be something out there on him. He makes no claim to being deep cover, so whether he was with State or another department, there should still be records.

The guy also claims he KNOWS THE PILOT THAT SHOT DOWN 93!

Where do they find these people, and why hasn't he had a firm public thrashing? The Jones interview is a must! There's so much ranting in there, you could fill a month of research.

ETA: I also found the book from '79 and the airport address is the same as his current (owned) publishing company or very nearby, so that's likely him.
 
Also in the interview he laid claim to being a full bird (what ever that is) colonel in the army.

Just FYI, "full bird" is a full Colonel, not a Lieutenant Colonel, who is also normally addressed as "Colonel". The bird refers to the Eagle on the shoulders as designation of the rank.

Did a quick Google. Col Grand Pre notes he served with the 236th Combat engineers in the Burma/China Theatre in WWII and a quick look seems to bear out that unit was assigned to that theatre. He also mentions serving in the 27th Infantry in Korea and a webpage http://www.kolchak.org/ bears that out, albeint not mentioning the Colonels' name (of course, he was probably a lower rank then).

There is a Dickinson State University in North Dakota, where he claims a Political Science Degree from 1956. http://www.dickinsonstate.com/

He also claims to have been appointed Director, Ground Weapons Systems, International Logistics Negotiation, in 1967. That, I will try to look into more deeply as that is my balliwick.

In sum, some areas to check out, but in the initial history check, he has his story straight, at least in the details.
 
Yahooing is better than Googling.

I think I found you an ally..... unfortunately, he's anonymous, but he gives a good lead.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/022904degrand.html

I also located an AFP newsletter that said the Col. Donn couldn't attend a symposium on Labor Day, due to ill health, so he's obviously known at AFP, that bastion of enlightened journalism. :D
 
What has he said that makes you doubt his authenticity? The sites often do a bad job of reporting and often will use each other as a source, rather than contact the original source themselves. It then becomes a game of telephone, where the story is slightly altered everytime it is copied. The specific branch of service may have been mis-reported by one site and the others carried it on. However, if he had been serving since WWII, he could have been in both the Army and Air Force. I am not defending their source, by any means, and you should suspect anything coming from the sources you name and are right to check his credentials.

Well I don't know for sure, but I am highly suspect. He claims to have done everything, and know everybody, but he doesn't pop up anywhere. He claims to be good friends with General Shelton, but when Popular Mechanics contacted him he had never heard of Grand Pre. He claims to know the pilots who "shot down United 93" but that is all made up, and he gets all the facts wrong. It doesn't make sense that you could have this elaborate of a military career without showing up somewhere, except in the last couple of years trying to promote your conspiracy theories. Especially considering how odd his name is.

BTW I looked up his name on military.com and it shows someone by that name as an E-7, not proof by any means, but more oddities.
 
Yahooing is better than Googling.

I think I found you an ally..... unfortunately, he's anonymous, but he gives a good lead.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/022904degrand.html

I also located an AFP newsletter that said the Col. Donn couldn't attend a symposium on Labor Day, due to ill health, so he's obviously known at AFP, that bastion of enlightened journalism. :D

Oh now this is just bizarre. Where do they get these people?

AJ: Okay, can you break that down for us?

DGP: Well, I break it down in the time frame that we had satellite images of rounds or missiles being fired from the Negev desert toward Baghdad. That's 600 miles distance. And six or eight of the rounds came in. That was February of 1991.

AJ: Are you saying that the Israelis used miniaturized nuclear weapons?

DGP: Yes sir. That's what I'm saying, in plain English.

AJ: Well I remember, I know they bragged that they had a lot of really sophisticated miniaturized nuclear weapons, of the little mini-frogs, or whatever. But and I know there were these giant mushroom clouds on the news. They'd say, "Oh, that's not a nuke. That's just a weapons depot." But you are saying that it is common knowledge at the Pentagon that Israel was firing nuclear weapons at Iraq?

DGP: That is correct.

Why didn't they just use supernanothermite?
 
This is from the Popular Mechanics article:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military_law/1227842.html?page=8
F-16 Pilot
CLAIM:
In February 2004, retired Army Col. Donn de Grand-Pre said on "The Alex Jones Show," a radio talk show broadcast on 42 stations: "It [Flight 93] was taken out by the North Dakota Air Guard. I know the pilot who fired those two missiles to take down 93." LetsRoll911.org, citing de Grand-Pre, identifies the pilot: "Major Rick Gibney fired two Sidewinder missiles at the aircraft and destroyed it in midflight at precisely 0958."

FACT: Saying he was reluctant to fuel debate by responding to unsubstantiated charges, Gibney (a lieutenant colonel, not a major) declined to comment. According to Air National Guard spokesman Master Sgt. David Somdahl, Gibney flew an F-16 that morning--but nowhere near Shanksville. He took off from Fargo, N.D., and flew to Bozeman, Mont., to pick up Ed Jacoby Jr., the director of the New York State Emergency Management Office. Gibney then flew Jacoby from Montana to Albany, N.Y., so Jacoby could coordinate 17,000 rescue workers engaged in the state's response to 9/11. Jacoby confirms the day's events. "I was in Big Sky for an emergency managers meeting. Someone called to say an F-16 was landing in Bozeman. From there we flew to Albany." Jacoby is outraged by the claim that Gibney shot down Flight 93. "I summarily dismiss that because Lt. Col. Gibney was with me at that time. It disgusts me to see this because the public is being misled. More than anything else it disgusts me because it brings up fears. It brings up hopes--it brings up all sorts of feelings, not only to the victims' families but to all the individuals throughout the country, and the world for that matter. I get angry at the misinformation out there."
 

He is in the PM book too.

page 79:

Sondahl says he is familiar with Grand-Pre's allegations. "I know he claims he knows our pilots, which is false. I know he claims he knows our adjustant general, which is false," he says. "I know everything he has claimed about Lieutenent Colonel Rick Gibney and the 119th Fighter Wing is complete crap."

General Shelton, who is now retired, also refutes Frand-Pre's claims. "I don't know this individual," Shelton tells Popular Mechanics. "The name doesn't ring a bell and I certainly never saw a report that he rendered alleging there was some type of conspiracy or that National Guard pilot shot down [Flight 93]." Shelton continues" I have a reputation for being candid, and I had seen a paper like that or heard a story like that, I would tell you, and I would tell you what I did with it. I never heard anything that was anything close to what he was saying. From my perspective, all that is hogwash."
 
Last edited:
Now that the JREF ninjas have helped expose one military fraud, this guy has been bugging me for a while.

http://screwloosechange.blogspot.com/2006/06/who-is-colonel-donn-de-grand-pre.html

Can anyone do an FOIA on him, or at least explain to me how to? He is popping up in conspiracy circles everywhere the "scholars", the "veterans", Alex Jones, even the American Free Press' little holocaust denial fest.

JamesB:

THis site:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/1999/08/13/MN11636.DTL

gives good info on how to request military records under FOIA. IN fact, they even link to an FOIA generator that will write up the request for you (you just have to print/copy it and send it to the relevent government org...it provides contact info).
 
Doesnt this guy smell an aweful lot like an older version of our friend Chavez?

TAM
 
He took off from Fargo, N.D., and flew to Bozeman, Mont., to pick up Ed Jacoby Jr., the director of the New York State Emergency Management Office. Gibney then flew Jacoby from Montana to Albany, N.Y., so Jacoby could coordinate 17,000 rescue workers engaged in the state's response to 9/11. Jacoby confirms the day's events. "I was in Big Sky for an emergency managers meeting. Someone called to say an F-16 was landing in Bozeman. From there we flew to Albany."

[derail]
It was the worst day of the 21st century, I have noything but respect and sympathy for those who lost family and loved ones that day.

That being said, is anyone else reading that thinking a personal chauffer driven F-16 would be cool as all hell? ;)
[/derail]

EDIT: This was my 666th post, the NWO obviously made me do it. :p
 
Grand Pre -> Grand Prix ??
Somehow when I read his name, it felt funny allready.

the 119th fighter wing sounds funny to... 119th -> 9/11 ??
Thet are based in North Dakota
http://www.happyhooligans.com/
so what would they be doing in Pennsylvania?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom