• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Artificial Intelligence

Donald Trump, in a development that could almost be from a Greek tragedy, appears to have invented something that is willing to do what no one in his orbit will: tell him the truth.

The president launched America.gov on Tuesday, an AI platform which the White House says will make it easier for Americans to interact with the federal government and eventually complete services like renewing passports and enrolling in Medicare.

At the heart of the website is a chatbot. You plug in questions. It gives you answers.

Unfortunately for Trump, America.gov – which, according to the executive order he signed, is a place where Americans can “receive accurate answers” to all sorts of questions – is providing the kind of answers that he will not want to hear.

 
Can we PLEASE, for the love of sanity and decency, NOT TRUMP UP EVERY SINGLE ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊ THREAD ON THIS SITE?
You should file your request with the pathological narcissist who resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. He's the one who wants everything to be about him, and is doing his best to make it so.

For example: Just yesterday, Donald Trump signed an Executive Order stating, among other things, that:

...the term “Super Intelligence” more appropriately captures the promise, potential, and rapidly advancing capabilities of these technologies. It is therefore the policy of my Administration that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the executive branch shall use the terms “Super Intelligence” and “SI” in place of “Artificial Intelligence” and “AI” and will not acknowledge the usage of “Artificial Intelligence” and “AI” in any applicable setting.​

When the President of the United States takes it upon himself to rename the explicit subject of this thread, you should not act so surprised when His Supreme Silliness ends up being discussed within this thread.

By the way, that renaming was just one part of that executive order's silliness. In days to come, I'm sure we'll have reason to discuss the rest of that executive order as well.
 
I just saw on a Facebook thread someone complain about using SI to create posts. Up until then everyone's been griping about AI images. I wanted to take that person to task for being a MAGA moron but that would have derailed the thread. I think that will be an uphill battle from now on.
 
I just saw on a Facebook thread someone complain about using SI to create posts. Up until then everyone's been griping about AI images. I wanted to take that person to task for being a MAGA moron but that would have derailed the thread. I think that will be an uphill battle from now on.
The executive order only requires the American Government to use the new term. Individuals aren't bound by it.
 
Yeah, but 5 years back we had nothing. That's the revolution. If nothing else, the economy is busted.
nonsense.
I spend a good chunk of my career on modeling chemical and biological processes in silico, and the increases in computational power have been astounding - all without AI.
And the economy would do fine without AI - it is certainly not the bottleneck for economic growth .
 
nonsense.
I spend a good chunk of my career on modeling chemical and biological processes in silico, and the increases in computational power have been astounding - all without AI.
And the economy would do fine without AI - it is certainly not the bottleneck for economic growth .
I'm not saying economy is busted without AI. I'm saying economy is busted because of AI.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom