I think the GOP politicians themselves if they ever wanted to get elected again. Conservatism/MAGA is one thing but denying a whole party to be seated is a bridge way too far. I can't see it coming down to actual armies.And whose army would enforce those decisions?
ETA: A post I made yesterday on another thread:
Saw an interview with a former judge who thinks Johnson will refuse to seat Democratic members under Under Article I, Section 5, Clause 1 of the U.S. Constitution: "Each House shall be the Judge of the Elections, Returns and Qualifications of its own Members".
Then it would be up to the courts and ultimately SCOTUS. It's happened once before when the House refused to seat a member and the court ended up forcing them to. I don't know if it will go that far; I don't think the country would stand for it. But congress has historically taken the position that the decision not seat a member is unreviewable by federal courts, which is incorrect. In any case, if not this, I'm sure they'll try to pull something out of their bag of tricks.
Last edited: