• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Who should run for the Dems?

He is the kind of candidate who could potentially catch fire with the single female demo, but outside of that it's hard to see a clear lane for him. He's not the Leftist, he's not the Black, he's not the Environmentalist, he's not the Union guy. While I don't agree entirely with Trausti that being Jewish is the kiss of death among the Democrats in 2028, it's certainly not a positive.
Kiss of death among the Democrats? I think a Jewish Republican would have more trouble getting elected. The Democrats have had plenty of Jewish governors and mayors.

Apparently there are 31 Jewish Democratic Congresspeople as opposed to 4 Republican Jewish ones.

The idea that the Democrats are somehow the anti-Semitic party is ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊. Remember that the Republicans also have their Tucker Carlson-MTG-Candace Owens wing of the party with their primary representative being the vice president of the United States.
 
Besides, I think that people would prefer a kind of more ordinary or sensible candidate. I think Ossoff is similar to Obama in that way, and no I don’t think it matters that Ossoff is not black. Obama did not rely on black voters to be elected given that most black voters were already going to vote for the Democratic candidate.
 
Kiss of death among the Democrats? I think a Jewish Republican would have more trouble getting elected. The Democrats have had plenty of Jewish governors and mayors.

Apparently there are 31 Jewish Democratic Congresspeople as opposed to 4 Republican Jewish ones.

The idea that the Democrats are somehow the anti-Semitic party is ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊. Remember that the Republicans also have their Tucker Carlson-MTG-Candace Owens wing of the party with their primary representative being the vice president of the United States.
The "mainstream" of the republitraitor party is only pro Israel because they think it'll bring about the apocalypse, where they'll get to finish off the apocalypse.
 
Kiss of death among the Democrats? I think a Jewish Republican would have more trouble getting elected. The Democrats have had plenty of Jewish governors and mayors.

I said I didn't think it was the kiss of death. It is an obstacle, however. Perhaps you have missed it, but the DSA candidates have particularly been targeting pro-Israel lawmakers in far left districts. Unlike Trausti, I think their impact is somewhat limited to those types of districts, but certainly the tide seems to be turning anti-Israel among Democrats.
Apparently there are 31 Jewish Democratic Congresspeople as opposed to 4 Republican Jewish ones.

The idea that the Democrats are somehow the anti-Semitic party is ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊. Remember that the Republicans also have their Tucker Carlson-MTG-Candace Owens wing of the party with their primary representative being the vice president of the United States.
It's couched as being anti-Israel, not anti-Jewish. Hasan Piker is a slightly more polished Nick Fuentes:

Far-left streamer Hasan Piker said there was a 0% chance the Democratic nominee would be pro-Israel in an interview posted Thursday.

CNN's Donie O'Sullivan asked Piker if he would endorse the Democratic candidate in 2028 if they are pro-Israel in a way that he disagrees with, if he's focused on "defeating fascism" in America.

"Luckily, I don't think I'll have to make that calculation at all because there is 0% chance that whoever the elected Democrat is that wins the primary will be pro-Israel in any way, shape or form. You'll see," Piker responded.
In any way shape or form lets out virtually all American Jews. It's one thing to be anti-Netanyahu or anti-Gaza War, but it's quite another to be anti-Israel.
 
Withholding aid is not the same as opposing a country - the US doesn't owe Israel weapons, money and intel.
 
I said I didn't think it was the kiss of death.
I didn’t say you did.
It is an obstacle, however.
I think that any minority status, or even majority status in the case of being a woman is likely to make things a bit harder to get elected all else being equal.
Perhaps you have missed it, but the DSA candidates have particularly been targeting pro-Israel lawmakers in far left districts. Unlike Trausti, I think their impact is somewhat limited to those types of districts, but certainly the tide seems to be turning anti-Israel among Democrats.
Sure, but as I said, I think that the Republicans may end up with an equal schism when it comes time to choose a candidate. The isolationist right are sounding a lot more strident as well, with particular ire for not only Israel but also Zelensky (hmmm…. wonder what they have in common… Maybe they have some of MTG’s Jewish space lasers).
 
Before Obama I would've bet the farm that a Jew or a woman would be elected president before a black man. I think if Ossoff has the right messaging he can be one of those that catches on fire - which always happens during a presidential primary - dark horse gets big buzz before losing large in some early states. Remember "JoeMentum?"...I barely do. Maybe not the best example.
 
I didn’t say you did.

I think that any minority status, or even majority status in the case of being a woman is likely to make things a bit harder to get elected all else being equal.

Sure, but as I said, I think that the Republicans may end up with an equal schism when it comes time to choose a candidate. The isolationist right are sounding a lot more strident as well, with particular ire for not only Israel but also Zelensky (hmmm…. wonder what they have in common… Maybe they have some of MTG’s Jewish space lasers).
At this point what the Republicans do is more or less irrelevant to me; they've lost my vote for at least 2026 and 2028.
 
At this point what the Republicans do is more or less irrelevant to me; they've lost my vote for at least 2026 and 2028.
Well, then, all I can say is that I hope you would be okay voting for a Democrat who happens to be Jewish who otherwise does not engage in identity politics or far left cosplay to counteract those voters who want a candidate who does.
 
Before Obama I would've bet the farm that a Jew or a woman would be elected president before a black man. I think if Ossoff has the right messaging he can be one of those that catches on fire - which always happens during a presidential primary - dark horse gets big buzz before losing large in some early states. Remember "JoeMentum?"...I barely do. Maybe not the best example.
Well, Obama was one of those who did manage to keep the momentum up as opposed to, say, Howard Dean, or perhaps Bernie Sanders.
 
Well, then, all I can say is that I hope you would be okay voting for a Democrat who happens to be Jewish who otherwise does not engage in identity politics or far left cosplay to counteract those voters who want a candidate who does.
I'm fine with Ossoff or Emanuel or Shapiro (who is cruising to reelection in an important swing state). Just saying there's a chunk of the Democratic party that is not. This is a problem for the Democrats moving forward. I disagree with Trausti on the scope of the problem (although he's probably right about Michigan).
 
Kiss of death among the Democrats? I think a Jewish Republican would have more trouble getting elected. The Democrats have had plenty of Jewish governors and mayors.

Apparently there are 31 Jewish Democratic Congresspeople as opposed to 4 Republican Jewish ones.

The idea that the Democrats are somehow the anti-Semitic party is ◊◊◊◊◊◊◊. Remember that the Republicans also have their Tucker Carlson-MTG-Candace Owens wing of the party with their primary representative being the vice president of the United States.
And, frankly, I wonder if Israel is that important a issue to most voters.Yes, you do have a few for whom it is a overwhelmng issuel but most voters first concern is their pocketbooks..and there the Dems have a strong case.
 
I am concerned about Michigan, though. MIchigan is normally a purple state that tends to blue, but if in tommorow's primary the Progressive Dem wins that could cost them the state; the guy would be considered too radical by many voters. and, no, I do not think there is any huge hidden pool of left wing voters in Michigan to save the day. The whole Lost Tribe theory of politics almost nevers works.
 
I don't think the DSA is that powerful, yet anyways.
I just read the DSA manifesto...and I read it on their website, just to be sure it was not being twisted....and it scared the hell out of me.
It pretty much advocates getting rid of the Constution..abolish the Presidency, the Senate, the SUpreme Court abolish the police and abolish prisons, have no military, and open the borders without any restrictions.
I can only hope that Some of the DSA Candidates signed up just because the name sounded good, and never got around to reading the manifesto, because the Manifesto, quite frankly, seems alot more hard line Marxist then classic social democracy.
 
Yeah, that is the one.
You have to clicke on the links to see just how radical they are.
In fact, frankly, it comes off to me much more hard line Marxist then what most European Social Democracies have. The fatal weakness is they want government to control EVERYTHING. That has been tried time and time again, and has failed tme and time again.
And I thin totally abolishing private industry, which is what they prety much want, would be a terrible move.
They also seem to not get that the kind of massive bureacury their scheme would requie becomes a power in it;s own right, and runs things in it;s own interest.
And some of it is just plain silly utopianism
I am not saying that everybody in the DSA buys into it. Sad thing is people join organziations just because they like the name.
And maybe a small group of radicals within the DSA manages to seize control of the commitee that wrote this thing, and it does not stand for what most DSA want.
But one thing I do know Any DSA member who runs on this platfrom is going to meet a quick death in November.
 
Well, Obama was one of those who did manage to keep the momentum up as opposed to, say, Howard Dean, or perhaps Bernie Sanders.
Did Bernie Sanders lose his momentum?
His Fighting Oligarchy Tour was what finally put a stop to MAGA's momentum!

Or are you thinking of how the DNC supported the loser of the 2016 race instead of him?
 
'Money out of politics, money in your pocket': El-Sayed's closing message ahead of Michigan primary (MS NOW on YouTube, Aug 4, 2026 – 10:49 min.)
Michigan Democrat Abdul El-Sayed responds to opponents who question whether he can go on to win in the general election: "We're so worried about what they're going to say about us. Let's start talking about them. Let's start talking about the corruption that we've seen out of this administration."


Considering the amounts Haley Stevens has received from AIPAC, that's a good slogan.
He also appears to be the right guy to take on MAHA:
WaPo bombshell: RFK’s CDC burying report on Covid vaccine success (MS NOW, April 9, 2026 – 9 min.)
The Washington Post reports the CDC is sitting on a public health report that was supposed to have been published two weeks ago—a report that showed the ongoing success of the Covid vaccine. Michigan Senate candidate and epidemiologist Abdul El-Sayed joins to discuss.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom