To be fair, those craters aren't on the top of the moon, or the bottom of the moon. Therefore they must be on the side of the moon. QED (Quod Erratum Demagorgon for those of you not educated enough to be familiar with Latin).You didn't say "craters that have never seen sunlight". You said "ice-filled craters on the side of the Moon that has never had any sunlight". Any English teacher is going to point out that that sentence implies that it's the side of the moon that never gets sunlight, not the craters.
"Sod it, the bloody thing's stuck again!" - Major ClangerThere was only the thin aluminium walls of the spacecraft and as Trevor Weaver points out, Houston didn't ask them how they felt once they'd [supposedly] passed through the Belts, which one would expect given, (a) it's the first time, (b) the real hazards of radiation sickness and (c) it had Van Allen on the NASA team who highlighted the dangers in his 1958 paper. On splashdown, the astronauts were squirted with antiseptic. Thus, radiation was never a problem here and we have to ask why.
No kidding. Even AI can do better than that."Sod it, the bloody thing's stuck again!" - Major Clanger
What on earth did the '3rd guy in the rocket' do with all that time?<snipped> Apollo's computers didn't need to watch videos of cats or show you how to fry an egg in new and exciting ways.
Manage the telephone cable to Earth, I guess.What on earth did the '3rd guy in the rocket' do with all that time?
Yep!Hang on, does she think parachutes work because of buoyancy?
I hope your daughter never gets called 'Peppermint Patty' on social media by some insecure guy.We must have missed the part where it said that any of those characteristics were the natural result of her being female.
If someone said that Linda McMahon is an unqualified sycophant made Secretary of Education simply because Trump likes people who kiss his ass, would that be sexist?
No, just a standard test pilot.Yes, we get that Armstrong was legendary and an amazing test pilot.
Piloting is piloting. Flying is flying. This is why we didn't send a chimpanzee to land on the moon. He's on final approach, the LZ is not optimal for a safe landing, and he flew to a suitable location. He'd spent hundreds of hours in the LM simulator mastering the controls. So yes, as far as Armstrong was concerned, it was another day at the office.But is landing a lunar module onto the moon's surface really just like landing a plane..?
Correct for once. Now you have hydrogen which leaks.Electrolysis splits the water into hydrogen and oxygen.
For the record, I've never seen a slide rule in use. In high school there was one class where you had to have one, and it was top-tier college prep math class. The teacher looked like Gandolf, and his students (like their counterparts in every school at that time) were known as the Slide Rule Committee.I started high school in 1980, which was the same year my grandfather, an engineer, died. One of my most prized possessions is his slide rule. Even though it was mostly no longer being taught, I learned on my own, with a book from the school library which hadn't been checked out in about 10 years. My chemistry teacher still taught it in second-year chemistry, but more as a mental exercise than to use for calculations. He even had a slide rule contest, which I unfortunately missed due to having been hospitalized.
Why not answer the question, if you're able?No. <Snippage of random gibberings>
Oh good grief, you haven't a clue do you?Nobody said it can't. But remember how the Soviets had their module crashed into the surface (they claim) just before Apollo 11, in an effort to beat them? So whilst landing on earth, one has the buoyancy of air to help deaccelerate - hence the multiple parachutes and rapid deacceleration on earth-reentry and splashdown - and into an ocean - there is no atmosphere on the Moon, no air to cushion the impact with the ground, and no body of water. Being 1/6th of Earth's gravity doesn't make it any less highly dangerous.
No, just no.Side to mean aspect is perfectly clear English, especially in relation to geographical features. In this case, the Moon's South Pole side IIRC.
I hope your daughter never gets called 'Peppermint Patty' on social media by some insecure guy.
Sorry, you seemed not to know that Oxygen on the Moon takes a broadly different form than on Earth. You just can't grasp that maybe I knew better than you all along, and why I put 'oxygen' in quotation marks. So yes, I am embarrassed for you.Feeling bad about your latest demolition regarding the potential use of ice on the Moon, huh? Don't blame you - any normal person would have been embarrassed and wounded by such a fiasco.
Sorry, you seemed not to know that Oxygen on the Moon takes a broadly different form than on Earth. You just can't grasp that maybe I knew better than you all along, and why I put 'oxygen' in quotation marks. So yes, I am embarrassed for you.
Yes I have noticed when people can't follow a debate, they look for spelling, typo or grammatical errors instead, or land on a word such as 'side' - or throw in some degrading names -because the subject matter is way over their head.LMAO. "Insecure"
(Oh and where's the faux outrage about name-calling gone, Vixen?)
ETA: I can't even take credit for the amusingly a propos "Peppermint Patty" comparison - it was first brought up a couple of days ago by someone else.
Look it up on Google.I honestly don't know where to start on how wrong this all is. But let's make a try. So, how and why does oxygen on the Moon "take a broadly different form" from Oxygen on Earth?
We can add basic chemistry to the list.....I think the key element is some kind of trapped 'oxygen' which as you know is one of the elements of water, the Moon otherwise being completely dehydrated. So it's one of the futuristic ideas of Musk and his 'refuelling' research for when they try Mars.