Gulliver Foyle
Philosopher
Great minds think alike...Ha I just made a similar point in the other thread
Great minds think alike...Ha I just made a similar point in the other thread
Admittedly, I was struggling with describing it as "satire". But couldn't think of a more accurate description.Great minds think alike...
Dear gods, what a stupidwarPresident...
He must have been watching a different war to the rest of us.Statement
Donald J. Trump +
@realDonaldTrump
We are getting very close to meeting our objectives as we consider winding down our great Military efforts in the Middle East with respect to the Terrorist Regime of Iran:
(1) Completely degrading Iranian Missile Capability, Launchers, and everything else pertaining to them.
(2) Destroying Iran's Defense Industrial Base.
(3) Eliminating their Navy and Air Force, including Anti Aircraft Weaponry.
(4) Never allowing Iran to get even close to Nuclear Capability, and always being in a position where the U.S.A. can quickly and powerfully react to such a situation, should it take place.
(5) Protecting, at the highest level, our Middle Eastern Allies, including Israel, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Kuwait, and others.
The Hormuz Strait will have to be guarded and policed, as necessary, by other Nations who use it - The United States does not!
If asked, we will help these Countries in their Hormuz efforts, but it shouldn't be necessary once Iran's threat is eradicated. Importantly, it will be an easy Military Operation for them.
Thank you for your attention to this matter! President DONALD J. TRUMP
He must have been watching a different war to the rest of us.
In reality none of those things happened.
Accidents and occassional equipment malfunctions never ever happen in any other country, amirite?A plane that your armed forces deem still functional and safe to fly on missions. And 8 Americans, But they are just collateral damage, right?
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
These fools,who think I haven't been tough enough on Iran, when the Stock Market Just Hit A RECORD HIGH, and Oil prices are "tumbling" down, are either jealous, bad people, or stupid. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!! President DJT
Is there a name of an above par non-sequitur? Like a super non-sequitur? Ultra non-sequitur?
I won't defend the orange toad, but I will defend the agreement. There's nothing in it that I don't agree with. So thank you JD Vance, Steve Witkoff, Jared Kushner, Pakistan and of course Iran for ending this stupid war. Whatever you may think of any of them, in this case they did good.
Can you praise someone who finally does the right thing after having tried every single wrong thing?
The US and Gulf States realized the limits of their ability to dominate Iran militarily, and instead of keep fighting anyway, they cut their losses.
I guess that is worth some praise.
I agree with that but I was referring to people who think it's a win for Trump.
It's pretty much a win for everyone but Trump and Netanyahu.
Thanks for the clarification. Partisans do what partisans gotta do.
Sadly many on the 'left' are gloating about it being a big loss for the US. This is counterproductive because it inflames those on the 'right' who also think the deal is bad for the US. The last thing we want is for those people to scupper the agreement. It's also not true. It's actually a lot better for everyone - including the US - than if the war continued. It doesn't contain anything explicitly harming the US or putting it at an unfair disadvantage. Only a blinkered partisan would claim otherwise.
Accidents and occassional equipment malfunctions never ever happen in any other country, amirite?
It's sad and unfortunate. But it's not the end of the world, and it's not some dire portent of the downfall of the US.
Accidents happen while we're losing pointless wars of aggression we started for no reason! Oopsie-daisy!