• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ed Israel/US Attacks Iran /Yet Another Country/Iran

It's not final yet, I wish he'd make his mind up.

Q: Is the text of the agreement final?

TRUMP: No, it's not final. It's a memorandum of understand, and if I don't like it, we'll go back to shooting at them, dropping bombs right smack in the middle of their head

Video in link
 
Q: It's been reported the MOU includes a $300 billion reconstruction fund funded by Gulf allies.

TRUMP: It's false. You can invest if you want. We're not putting up 10 cents.

Q: Are you asking Gulf countries to-see-

TRUMP: No I'm not. If they do it, that's fine. Don't forget -- there's never been anybody that's so tough on Iran.

Video in link
 
Waiting for better data. You do know that you can refrain from reaching a conclusion when data isn't reliable enough, right?
Not scientific.

I will happily update my assumptions based on better information, but until then I operate based on what's available.
You are just rejecting data because you don't like it.
 
Last edited:
Not scientific.
Um... what?
This isn't scientific data, this isn't a scientific question, there's no reason to treat it like science. It isn't.
I will happily update my assumptions based on better information,
Indeed, this is an assumption on your part. It is not a scientific conclusion. So don't pretend that you're being scientific while I'm not.
You are just rejecting data because you don't like it.
I haven't rejected it, but neither have I accepted it. Not because I don't like it, but because I have no reason to think it's reliable. There are a lot of players in this game who would be quite happy to inject false information into the public discourse, I have no reason to think that couldn't be happening here. Where did this information come from? Nobody knows. There's no way to check its authenticity. So I'm not going to assume, as you did, that it's accurate. And note: I'm not assuming it's false either. I am withholding judgment.

I can wait. I'm not a decision maker, I have no power or influence on any of these events. I don't actually need to come to a conclusion, even a tentative one, right now. You could wait too. You just don't want to. Because you like the conclusions you reach if you assume that the leaks are true.
 
Um... what?
This isn't scientific data, this isn't a scientific question, there's no reason to treat it like science. It isn't.

Indeed, this is an assumption on your part. It is not a scientific conclusion. So don't pretend that you're being scientific while I'm not.

I haven't rejected it, but neither have I accepted it. Not because I don't like it, but because I have no reason to think it's reliable. There are a lot of players in this game who would be quite happy to inject false information into the public discourse, I have no reason to think that couldn't be happening here. Where did this information come from? Nobody knows. There's no way to check its authenticity. So I'm not going to assume, as you did, that it's accurate. And note: I'm not assuming it's false either. I am withholding judgment.

I can wait. I'm not a decision maker, I have no power or influence on any of these events. I don't actually need to come to a conclusion, even a tentative one, right now. You could wait too. You just don't want to. Because you like the conclusions you reach if you assume that the leaks are true.
you don't do any science, do you?

all conclusions are preliminary, so they are just assumptions.

and no, we know exactly where the information came from - you just didn't bother to investigate.

It's not like Iran hasn't made it clear for weeks what it would take to open the Strait - which is why we should put a lot of credence in the text we have, as it aligns with what we already know.
 
Um... what?
This isn't scientific data, this isn't a scientific question, there's no reason to treat it like science. It isn't.

Indeed, this is an assumption on your part. It is not a scientific conclusion. So don't pretend that you're being scientific while I'm not.

I haven't rejected it, but neither have I accepted it. Not because I don't like it, but because I have no reason to think it's reliable. There are a lot of players in this game who would be quite happy to inject false information into the public discourse, I have no reason to think that couldn't be happening here. Where did this information come from? Nobody knows. There's no way to check its authenticity. So I'm not going to assume, as you did, that it's accurate. And note: I'm not assuming it's false either. I am withholding judgment.

I can wait. I'm not a decision maker, I have no power or influence on any of these events. I don't actually need to come to a conclusion, even a tentative one, right now. You could wait too. You just don't want to. Because you like the conclusions you reach if you assume that the leaks are true.

It’s not about assuming that the leaks are 100% accurate but what they - and the administration - tell us about the agreement: That it’s a gift for Iran and an epic humiliation for the Trump administration.

Because it was even remotely a positive result for the Trump administration, we’d have seen an official release of the agreement by now. Instead, they’re all being wildly cagey about it and trying desperately to spin the narrative in their favor. They know it’s bad.
 
It’s not about assuming that the leaks are 100% accurate but what they - and the administration - tell us about the agreement
If the leaks aren't accurate, then they could be telling you false information about the agreement.
 
If the leaks aren't accurate, then they could be telling you false information about the agreement.

Maybe if you say it three times while clicking your heels together, your wish will come true.

Face it Zig, you backed a loser. And not just a run of the mill loser, but an all-time historic loser.

There is no secret better version of this deal that’s going to be revealed. Trump got pantsed on the world stage and now we’re all worse off because of it.
 
Israeli forces have carried out new strikes in southern Lebanon, state media say, despite renewed criticism from US President Donald Trump of Israel's actions in the country.

On Wednesday, Israeli jets struck the Nabatieh al-Fawqa area and the outskirts of neighbouring Kfar Tebnit, Lebanon's National News Agency (NNA) reported. The Israeli military has not yet commented, but has previously said it is targeting the Iran-backed armed group Hezbollah.

 
Israeli forces have carried out new strikes in southern Lebanon, state media say, despite renewed criticism from US President Donald Trump of Israel's actions in the country.

On Wednesday, Israeli jets struck the Nabatieh al-Fawqa area and the outskirts of neighbouring Kfar Tebnit, Lebanon's National News Agency (NNA) reported. The Israeli military has not yet commented, but has previously said it is targeting the Iran-backed armed group Hezbollah.


People are just lining up to make Trump look weak and feckless.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom