theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
I'd argue that the local government taking a step back from its draconian permitting process for new development, and giving developers more freedom to just build, would be smaller government.aka. bigger government.
More engaged and responsible government. It's also not clear to me that replacing non-profits with a government agency to do the same job with more transparency and lower costs, constitutes an increase of the size of government. But at least now you're finally clear on the fact that I do not oppose all government agencies.aka. bigger government.
Social services that actually work. But at least now you're finally clear on the fact that I do not oppose all social services.aka. social services.
Government that works.aka. bigger government.
Socialized education that actually educates. But at least now you're finally clear on the fact that I do not oppose all social services.aka. socialised education.
I don't see how you could possibly get that from "use windfalls for one-time projects, not new projects that will need ongoing funding". Things that require ongoing funding should be set up with ongoing funding, not started off with a one-time infusion of funds, with no provision for the following years.aka. better regulation aka. bigger government.
Right on.I'm with you on that one, 100%.
Government stays about the same size, but the police department actually does its job, instead of spending all its time bickering with city hall and having the blue flu.aka. bigger government.
See above.aka. socialised education.
Such ignorance has not historically been a deterrent, but suit yourself.I refrain from commenting on this one due to ignorance of your local politics.
I'm advocating a limited government that focuses on doing the kinds of things that government should be doing, and doing them well, and doing them with transparency and accountability to the citizens.Anyway, welcome to the woke, liberal far-left! Turns out you've been on our side all along.
What the woke, liberal far-left government in my city is doing is pretty much the opposite of what I'm proposing. What the woke, liberal far-left majority of voters in my city are voting for is more of the same.
The woke, liberal far-left in my city absolutely hates the idea of any kind of policing. Community policing = fascism. Traffic enforcement = racism. Public transit safety enforcement = fascism and racism. Half the reason our police force is feuding with the city is because the city has been absolutely woke, liberal far-left retards when it comes to law enforcement.*
Don't try to gaslight me into thinking that a well-funded, well-staffed, ever-present, highly active police force is in any way a woke, liberal far-left position.