Poem
Illuminator
- Joined
- Nov 28, 2021
- Messages
- 3,840
This is a debating forum; asking questions is normal is it not?You have not shown that. And don't pretend that you can read my mind.
You aren't going to answer are you?
This is a debating forum; asking questions is normal is it not?You have not shown that. And don't pretend that you can read my mind.
I'll try again - is Darat wrong to describe that kind of porn as abhorrent?I don't see any reason why I should answer baseless assumptions, do you?
No, I don't know that, I know the Bible is however.Everyone here knows that porn is a disgrace.
Actually, very little.Loads and loads of misogynistic porn - that's correct isn't it?
Why should I have opinions about Darat's opinion? If you want to know more about Darat's opinion, shouldn't you ask him?I'll try again - is Darat wrong to describe that kind of porn as abhorrent?
You're suggesting I haven't asked Darat?Why should I have opinions about Darat's opinion? If you want to know more about Darat's opinion, shouldn't you ask him?
Come back if you ever want to engage in a serious way.
That it's Darat's opinion is a distraction which you are using to avoid answering; in the UK it is the law and amounts to the same thing. Quit wasting my time.But why on earth ask me about Darat's opinion?
When you do that, I might, but that really isn't for you to decide.
I should, shouldn't I? You do that so well on your own. And you're the one who chose to ask me questions about Darat's opinion.Quit wasting my time.
Resurrecting a three week old post isn't doing that.Do you normally resurrect month-old statements as part of your argument?
No you haven't. I am asking what about sex (the act itself) merits the reaction of accusing one's partner of straying? Porn deems sex as equivalent to scratching an itch (or any other such triviality) - but one's partner scratching a third person's itching back ain't, if I am not mistaken, going to lead to a divorce or separation.I've already dealt with that. Keep up with the conversation, will you?
Not my ethics - but it proceeds directly from the nihilistic pov.If your ethics and morals let you make such an argument it is not surprising that you don't know why I find all CSAM abhorrent.
I dislike banning misogynistic porn more than I dislike misogynistic porn.(...) misogynistic porn (...)
No it doesn't.Not my ethics - but it proceeds directly from the nihilistic pov.
This is what happens to some when they watch porn - and that can lead to escalation.........I think it's also important to understand that our tastes change. What did it for you before is boring today. And things you couldn't imagine being interested in when you're younger now are delicious.
The goal is to continue to push the boundary isn't it?I dislike banning misogynistic porn more than I dislike misogynistic porn.
A very very high bar must be set with clear and demonstrable and serious downsides before I'm satisfied that the harm of the banned thing far outweighs the harm of banning things.
Otherwise you end up banning forms of expression or even just ways of being, and that's not a slippery slope, because you can see those forces in operation every day.
Where?As for your 'why is simulated CSAM banned then' I answered and I have not seen you respond.
Everyone here knows that porn is a disgrace.
You are so funny. You keep strawmanning everyone else. That all we keep doing is expressing our beliefs. You're not wrong about that. But you refuse to acknowledge is that is what you're doing. It is your belief that porn is a disgrace. Which you are entitled to have. But it is still your belief. Not ours.