• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Does 'rape culture' accurately describe (many) societies?

Why should I have opinions about Darat's opinion? If you want to know more about Darat's opinion, shouldn't you ask him?
You're suggesting I haven't asked Darat?

Come back if you ever want to engage in a serious way.
 
But why on earth ask me about Darat's opinion?


When you do that, I might, but that really isn't for you to decide.
That it's Darat's opinion is a distraction which you are using to avoid answering; in the UK it is the law and amounts to the same thing. Quit wasting my time.
 
Do you normally resurrect month-old statements as part of your argument?
Resurrecting a three week old post isn't doing that.
I've already dealt with that. Keep up with the conversation, will you?
No you haven't. I am asking what about sex (the act itself) merits the reaction of accusing one's partner of straying? Porn deems sex as equivalent to scratching an itch (or any other such triviality) - but one's partner scratching a third person's itching back ain't, if I am not mistaken, going to lead to a divorce or separation.
 
If your ethics and morals let you make such an argument it is not surprising that you don't know why I find all CSAM abhorrent.
Not my ethics - but it proceeds directly from the nihilistic pov.
 
(...) misogynistic porn (...)
I dislike banning misogynistic porn more than I dislike misogynistic porn.

A very very high bar must be set with clear and demonstrable and serious downsides before I'm satisfied that the harm of the banned thing far outweighs the harm of banning things.

Otherwise you end up banning forms of expression or even just ways of being, and that's not a slippery slope, because you can see those forces in operation every day.

As for your 'why is simulated CSAM banned then' I answered and I have not seen you respond.
 
I'm beginning to suspect the reason Poem is hung up on objective morality is because as long as everyone gets to decide their own moral boundaries, the position that "if some couples agree that watching porn is cheating, and other couples don't think of watching porn as cheating, then SOMEBODY has to be WRONG" is incoherent.
 
........I think it's also important to understand that our tastes change. What did it for you before is boring today. And things you couldn't imagine being interested in when you're younger now are delicious.
This is what happens to some when they watch porn - and that can lead to escalation.
 
I dislike banning misogynistic porn more than I dislike misogynistic porn.

A very very high bar must be set with clear and demonstrable and serious downsides before I'm satisfied that the harm of the banned thing far outweighs the harm of banning things.

Otherwise you end up banning forms of expression or even just ways of being, and that's not a slippery slope, because you can see those forces in operation every day.
The goal is to continue to push the boundary isn't it?
As for your 'why is simulated CSAM banned then' I answered and I have not seen you respond.
Where?

#5.120
 
Everyone here knows that porn is a disgrace.

Back to the thread topic: #5,114 #5,115
You are so funny. You keep strawmanning everyone else. That all we keep doing is expressing our beliefs. You're not wrong about that. But you refuse to acknowledge is that is what you're doing. It is your belief that porn is a disgrace. Which you are entitled to have. But it is still your belief. Not ours.

You describe porn as misogynistic. But that too is an opinion you have that we don't share. At least not how I understand what that term means.
Misogyny is the hatred of, aversion to, or ingrained prejudice against women. I absolutely do not hate women. And while I'm sure I have some ideas about women that are based on stereotypes, and therefore somewhat prejudicial. I also believe that women are individuals with their own unique personal perspectives about everything and everyone. And trust me, there are many women that watch porn.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom