• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump's Second Term

O'DONNELL: Do you think this will change your relationship with the press?

TRUMP: We disagree on a lot of subjects. It's not so much the press. It's the press plus the Democrats, because they're almost one and the same.

video in link
 
O'DONNELL: Is there something you as president can do about political violence?

TRUMP: I do think the hate speech of the Democrats is very dangerous

video in link
In that interview, Trump says he believes he issuing targeted by assassins because he a very"impactful" person like Lincoln.
I wonder if he is aware that Hitler got targeted 40+ times--he has a long ways to catch up!
 
Looking at that video from the other angle (stage left), notice how much more quickly they got Vance out of there than The POSOTUS?

Like his poll numbers.

President Trump says that he did not fall down while being evacuated from the WHCD. He says he was asked to get closer to the ground by agents.

video in link
Because that's the important takeaway from this incident. For us not to think he actually fell.
 
Let's just say that MAGA/Trump have an extremely loose relationship with mathematical facts.
FTFY, as the kids say.

I think I wish they wouldn't say it, it can sometimes come across as smug and condecending: "You made a joke, but I think that I can make it better! Look, see how I have made it better! See how much more witty and clever I am".

NB: 'Kids', in this context means arrogant wankers like me, not actual kids. Baby goats are fluffy and adorable. Human children are.

Anyway, far more introspection than I am comfortable with, off to Bedfordshire, and apologies for whatever all this was.
 
How exactly would the Ballroom have helped last night?
This has nothing to do with tents on the lawn or drones. The purported gunman got inside the existing security perimeter of the existing White House with a weapon. That problem isn't solved by a 90,000 square foot monstrosity with bulletproof glass. Everyone is just waving their hands randomly and saying, "But, but, but... skurrity!" All so Pres. Trump can trying to shoehorn the entire ballroom project in under the "national security" exception to the federal court's ruling.
 
This $300 million figure is bandied about by the MAGAs but I can't find a source for it.

National Conservative
@NatCon2022
Obama admin spent $34 mil and 18 months on a FAILED attempt to stop the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool from leaking.

Biden proposed $301 mil and 3 years for repairs.

Trump admin is adding an industrial swimming pools coating for $2 mil.

Imagine being angry
View attachment 70764
Obama did spend that money on the reflecting pool, and it was to keep the whole damn thing from sinking. It wasn't perfect as the Park service has to drain the pool and clean it annually because of tourist trash and goose poop.

The only reference I could find about Biden expenditure claims were solely from Trump.

There is absolutely no proof that Trump's pool coating will work on any of the issues the pools have as pool coatings do not solve the issues with aging granite.
 
This has nothing to do with tents on the lawn or drones. The purported gunman got inside the existing security perimeter of the existing White House with a weapon. That problem isn't solved by a 90,000 square foot monstrosity with bulletproof glass. Everyone is just waving their hands randomly and saying, "But, but, but... skurrity!" All so Pres. Trump can trying to shoehorn the entire ballroom project in under the "national security" exception to the federal court's ruling.

The Washington Hilton, not the White House.
 
Unrelated to current events, if every eligible person can automatically be registered for the draft, why can't every eligible person automatically be registered to vote?

WIM-398.jpg

 
This is the last I'll say on this subject: I will not take the blame for Trump or his administration or what he's doing. I did not vote for him and I despise him. I did not 'stay home' and I was not apathetic.
There comes a point where "Don't blame me, I voted Democrat" is no longer enough.
 
Whether or not you're suggesting that that should happen, I think that it's worth noting again that this is a public forum and it would be stupid for anyone to state that they have any plans like that here, which makes asking a question like that say far more about the one who asked than anything else.
"Suggesting that" what "should happen"??? "Any plans like" what??? Can you be specific, instead of suggesting whatever it is you're suggesting?!!
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom