Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Jun 2, 2010
- Messages
- 84,831
He turned me in to a Newt!Yes, but that's just what a witch would say.
He turned me in to a Newt!Yes, but that's just what a witch would say.
My impression of self-described witches is that they're good people who care about nature. I'd rather have witches than fascists.Our new acting SecNav. I work out here at Lover's Point. No witches to be found.View attachment 70720
I can haz Photoshop? (please note the ducks on the pool are identical in both pictures; only the water has been touched up.)
He turned me in to a Newt!
What depresses me is that if the economy improves before November, or if this corrupt administration gaslights enough to convince lazy-ass voters that it has improved, there won't be enough motivation for said lazy-asses to get out and vote. We might believe that the mid-terms are about much more than the economy, but that's just us. It's frightening to contemplate; I hope it's just me being cynical.
Toad ◊◊◊◊ and wax paper.right now the economy is held together by duct tape and a prayer
The largest military force in human history is in the hands of people who believe in witches.
First of all, disapproval NOW is irrelevant. He got 49.8% in the last election, higher than his current approval rating. Someone having regrets because they made a bad choice doesn't negate that they made a bad choice in the first place. WE (meaning many of the posters on this board) had access to the same information in previous elections that other people did, and still recognized that Trump would be a disaster
Secondly, even a voter didn't particularly want Trump to be president, how many people simply DID NOT VOTE? Or spoiled their ballot? Or voted 3rd party? Granted, they didn't actually support Trump in the previous election, but they looked at the 2 candidates, one of whom was a convicted felon who said he would "make America a dictatorship on day 1", and the other was a politician with no criminal convictions, who happened to be female, and said "I can't decide who to vote for"? If a person cannot make up your mind between fascism and democracy, they deserve part of the blame.
Now granted, not every American is to blame. Harris did get ~75 million votes in the 2024 election, so their are absolved. But there were ~245 million eligible voters. That means that 170 million Americans did not think Trump was bad enough to actually vote against. (They supported Trump, did not vote, spoiled ballot, etc.). Less than 1/3rd of Americans actually opposed Trump in a way that it mattered. If 2/3rds of the population are OK with fascism, you have a problem.
This is the last I'll say on this subject: I will not take the blame for Trump or his administration or what he's doing. I did not vote for him and I despise him. I did not 'stay home' and I was not apathetic.First of all, disapproval NOW is irrelevant. He got 49.8% in the last election, higher than his current approval rating. Someone having regrets because they made a bad choice doesn't negate that they made a bad choice in the first place. WE (meaning many of the posters on this board) had access to the same information in previous elections that other people did, and still recognized that Trump would be a disaster.
Secondly, even a voter didn't particularly want Trump to be president, how many people simply DID NOT VOTE? Or spoiled their ballot? Or voted 3rd party? Granted, they didn't actually support Trump in the previous election, but they looked at the 2 candidates, one of whom was a convicted felon who said he would "make America a dictatorship on day 1", and the other was a politician with no criminal convictions, who happened to be female, and said "I can't decide who to vote for"? If a person cannot make up your mind between fascism and democracy, they deserve part of the blame.
Now granted, not every American is to blame. Harris did get ~75 million votes in the 2024 election, so their are absolved. But there were ~245 million eligible voters. That means that 170 million Americans did not think Trump was bad enough to actually vote against. (They supported Trump, did not vote, spoiled ballot, etc.). Less than 1/3rd of Americans actually opposed Trump in a way that it mattered. If 2/3rds of the population are OK with fascism, you have a problem.
right now the economy is held together by duct tape and a prayer
They should put some over Trump's mouth.At least duct tape works.
Both, I'd say.Well barring the water everything is the same, the only question is did they doctor the one on the right or on the left?
Needs some blood dripping from the head of the golf club.I know it's been beaten like a dead horse already, but this one seemed to be the most accurate representation yet.
View attachment 70723
Do you think Trump knows they have to figure a way to oxygenate the water to keep it clean, or is he just gonna paint it and call it done?