I do. It’s very apropos.
China is not doing very well right now. Anyone who thinks otherwise
hasn’t been paying attention.
I do. It’s very apropos.
China is not doing very well right now. Anyone who thinks otherwise
hasn’t been paying attention.
No, it's not trade deficit. China can juice those numbers by dropping prices, but that's not a sustainable strategy.what's your yardstick for that?
Probably not Trade Deficit...
Indeed. They really like to tell others they have no idea what they're talking about while simultaneously showing they themselves have no idea what they're talking about. To the extent they spend a dozen posts arguing about an IAEA report because they can't even count the number of years between two dates.You like that expression, don't you?
For most countries war is a zero sum gain. You lose more than you win. The US appears to be able to afford to lose wars. Iran has little incentive to attack anyone, it has no territorial claims, doesn't need to claim others natural resources or access. The US of course does have plans for territorial expansion, in part to take over natural resources. It also has irrational almost religiously fanatic beliefs about others e.g. the obsession with starving Cuba into submission. The embargo of Cuba should have stopped when the Berlin wall came down. Cuba's form of government is a concern for Cubans, not the US. Every other country in the world has come to a peaceful resolution concerning restitution for nationalised assets apart from the US. Instead the US seems intent in making Cuba so poor it could never make restitution. Unlike many other countries American countries Cuba is not a source of narcotics smuggled into the US - it should really be awarded!The illogical reason is that Trump envies the power of a dictator and will do anything to please a Russian, Israeli, Chinese, Indian or North Korean one.
Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock…
Um... what?Iran has little incentive to attack anyone, it has no territorial claims, doesn't need to claim others natural resources or access.
As @Ziggurat has reminded us, hyperbole is a primary intellectual component of Trumpian rhetoric. To be fair, hyperbole can be indistinguishable from buffoonery.Oh my god, you caught me using hyperbole about New Zealand's geographic size. What incredible deductive powers you have.
If you want me to respond to every word you write, you'll have to pay me a lot more than you've been paying me.Meanwhile, you ignored the actual point completely.
I don't care if you respond to me at all. I certainly didn't solicit a response from you. If you do choose to, I think it would make sense to respond to my actual point, which you did not do. But you have your own priorities, I suppose.If you want me to respond to every word you write, you'll have to pay me a lot more than you've been paying me.
Is your point that you and the MAGArats use hyperbole, including outfight lies. on a daily basis? That is, you might note, the "point" that W.D.Clinger quoted.I don't care if you respond to me at all. I certainly didn't solicit a response from you. If you do choose to, I think it would make sense to respond to my actual point, which you did not do. But you have your own priorities, I suppose.
Why would you think that's the point of post #4360?Is your point that you and the MAGArats use hyperbole, including outfight lies. on a daily basis? That is, you might note, the "point" that W.D.Clinger quoted.
I don't think that at all. I do accept that most of your posts are vague Trump-like hyperbole.Why would you think that's the point of post #4360?
Which other countries does Iran regularly attack (this century).Um... what?
Iran regularly attacks other countries. It usually does so through proxies in order to minimize the cost of doing so, but don't kid yourself about the nature of Iranian involvement in the region. It is not benign.
Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Lebanon, for example.Which other countries does Iran regularly attack (this century).
Cool. Where is the evidence?They were three weeks away from having enough bomb-grade uranium to make about 11 bombs. Likely about 3 months away from having a testable bomb, and likely a year away from having a missile-deliverable one.
Hezbullah has not attacked Lebanon, they are a legitimate political party in Lebanon. They were formed as a response to the Israeli occupation of Lebanon, and succeeded in driving Israel out of Lebanon.Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Lebanon, for example.
Oh, you poor, sweet summer child. There's nothing legitimate about Hezbollah at all.Hezbullah has not attacked Lebanon, they are a legitimate political party in Lebanon.
You misunderstand. I'm not saying that Iran attacks ALL these countries regularly. I'm saying that they regularly attack someone.The attacks on Saudi are not regular
That is not true either. I'm not even talking about the current conflict. Remember, I was talking about Iranian proxies, and how Iran uses them to attack other countries. The Houthis have attacked Saudi Arabia for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with US attacks on Iran.they have only occurred as a response to the unprovoked US attack on Iran
Oh, ◊◊◊◊ off with this apologism. October 7th was terrorism. It had absolutely nothing to do with any struggle for freedom.Israel continues to occupy parts of Syria, Lebanon, and much of Palestine. A struggle for freedom against an occupying power is resistance not terrorism.
I would point out all independent assessments were that this was a pharmaceutical plant and not a legitimate target.Cool. Where is the evidence?
In October 1962 the Kennedy Administration laid out in detail the Soviet missile sites in Cuba, including pictures.
....
In 1998 we hit Al Qaeda targets in Afghanistan and a pharmaceutical plant in Sudan. Again, we released satellite images, and other materials to justify our actions.
UNITED STATES BOMBING OF PHARMACEUTICAL PLANT GRAVE 'ACT OF TERRORISM'
You're not the first person to be screwed by AI, but you're still screwed.How much will the annual inflation rate in the U.S. increase as a result of the Iran war and the closure of the Strait of Hormuz?
*yawn*
*yawn*
You should try lying less.
There's more:In addition to oil and gas, the global fertilizer supply is taking a huge hit. Natural gas is key to the production of nitrogen fertilizers like ammonia and urea; one estimate found that natural gas is 70% to 90% of ammonia production costs. Access to natural gas makes the Gulf region a good place for nitrogen fertilizer production—conservatively, about 12% of global supply is now lost due to the blockage of the strait. Additionally, the Gulf region is a key location for sulfur production, removed from “sour” oil and gas. Sulfur is an important nutrient itself and is a key ingredient in phosphate fertilizers. Between missing supply produced in the Gulf region and the rising price of natural gas contributing to higher costs elsewhere, fertilizer prices and shortages could be key ingredients for rising food prices in the coming months.
A long disruption could also cause a recession, as economic activity contracts to adjust to high fuel prices. Guessing at where prices could go and what price would create recession in various regions and globally was a topic in private discussions. Right now, the oil market is trading “financial barrels,” sales of future oil at future prices. Despite the large disruption, oil and LNG that were in vessels in transit and in storage when the conflict began are still cushioning many buyers. Once these temporary fixes are gone and market participants are dealing with actual shortages, we’re in uncharted territory with respect to oil and LNG prices.
That is why I explicitly condemned violence against civilians. I do condemn terrorism, no matter who the perpetrator is. Something that you however are not prepared to do.Oh, you poor, sweet summer child. There's nothing legitimate about Hezbollah at all.
You misunderstand. I'm not saying that Iran attacks ALL these countries regularly. I'm saying that they regularly attack someone.
That is not true either. I'm not even talking about the current conflict. Remember, I was talking about Iranian proxies, and how Iran uses them to attack other countries. The Houthis have attacked Saudi Arabia for reasons that have absolutely nothing to do with US attacks on Iran.
Oh, ◊◊◊◊ off with this apologism. October 7th was terrorism. It had absolutely nothing to do with any struggle for freedom.
I have no idea where the CIA got their intel from in Sudan. They reported a soil sample, but they didn't run it by domestic pharma sources, or anyone else before they ran with it. My guess it was weak sauce, but Clinton's NSC was looking for anything.I would point out all independent assessments were that this was a pharmaceutical plant and not a legitimate target.
![]()
Al-Shifa pharmaceutical factory - Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org
![]()
UNITED STATES BOMBING OF PHARMACEUTICAL PLANT GRAVE 'ACT OF TERRORISM' SUDAN'S MINISTER FOR EXTERNAL RELATIONS TELLS GENERAL ASSEMBLY
29 September 1998 Press ReleaseGA/9457 UNITED STATES BOMBING OF PHARMACEUTICAL PLANT GRAVE 'ACT OF TERRORISM' SUDAN'S MINISTER FOR EXTERNAL RELATIONS TELLS GENERAL ASSEMBLY 19980929 Notes United States Opposition to Security Council Mission; Malta, Togo, Syria, Azerbaijan, Libya, Fiji...press.un.org
Which I guess reinforces your point about the need to provide evidence justifying use of force otherwise it is just a war crime, or terrorism.
No you don't. You recategorize it as "resistance" and then excuse it.I do condemn terrorism, no matter who the perpetrator is.