And?I guess it all depends on how you define 'natural'.
You made a judgement here about the 'natural' habit of some:
(* material that Barnardo's described as rife on mainstream porn sites - often described as barely legal)
And?I guess it all depends on how you define 'natural'.
You made a judgement here about the 'natural' habit of some:
(* material that Barnardo's described as rife on mainstream porn sites - often described as barely legal)
And another "and?"AFAIK, I'm the only one to agree with you (highlighted) on this thread. Emily's Cat would probably too.
You have, of course, misunderstood me.You think sex is something special and precious in the context of a couple who want to be monogamous do you not? Or have I misunderstood you?
Non sequitur. The second clause does not follow from the first.If sex is nothing special, then humanity is objectively sexually free and no one should dare mention monogamy.
No.A functioning society needs the traditional family unit. No it doesn't have to be 100% traditional - but making a child and bringing that child up generally needs a stable woman / man relationship. Porn is a threat to that.
Do you agree?
Yes.Are you therefore affirming that demanding monogamy from one's partner is unreasonable?
How do you define it?I guess it all depends on how you define 'natural'.
Six months ago I asked:And?
The current situation is that the porn that was described in your quotation is illegal, it is prosecuted when cases can be made, people go to prison. I can't think how clearer as a society we can be that we find such porn not only wrong but abhorrent.
You didn't reply, so I'll ask again - why is it abhorrent? You have said:Why is it abhorrent?
That means that what you find abhorrent is also what you would describe as natural. It is also worth restating that such content is legal to watch and produce in the USA (Ashcroft verses FSC).All human behaviours are natural.
(See #605)The current situation is that the porn that was described in your quotation is illegal, it is prosecuted when cases can be made, people go to prison. I can't think how clearer as a society we can be that we find such porn not only wrong but abhorrent.
You seem to be - as Lithrael pointed out - thinking that just because something is natural it should be considered good: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_nature There are many, many natural things which are bad, abhorrent, undesirable and so on.Six months ago I asked:
You didn't reply, so I'll ask again - why is it abhorrent? You have said:
That means that what you find abhorrent is also what you would describe as natural. It is also worth restating that such content is legal to watch and produce in the USA (Ashcroft verses FSC).
You forgot nurture? - as in, adult society has been showing a generation of kids anything goes porn, including content that looks like children having sex with adults and other kids?100% - there is nothing else they could be.
Nurture is a human behaviour.You forgot nurture? - as in, adult society has been showing a generation of kids anything goes porn, including content that looks like children having sex with adults and other kids?
But is nevertheless distinct from nature. Children shown rule 34 porn will be distinct from those that aren't. We absolutely do know that some kids are acting out the content they are watching.Nurture is a human behaviour.
I'm still unclear what it is about the porn we are discussing that you find abhorrent. Millions of people around the world are consuming it as we speak. The USA legally produces it.You seem to be - as Lithrael pointed out - thinking that just because something is natural it should be considered good: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_nature There are many, many natural things which are bad, abhorrent, undesirable and so on.
One of the those human behaviours that is abhorrent these days and in my opinion is any adult sexual activity involving children and in my society we consider those 16 and under to be children (some laws define children as those under 18) when it comes to sexual activity.
If you want to go even deeper into my beliefs as to why I consider such things abhorrent it starts with an axiom of bodily autonomy being good.
No children are involved in the porn we are talking about - so how does the above answer what I am asking you?One of the those human behaviours that is abhorrent these days and in my opinion is any adult sexual activity involving children and in my society we consider those 16 and under to be children (some laws define children as those under 18) when it comes to sexual activity.
Okay.If you want to go even deeper into my beliefs as to why I consider such things abhorrent it starts with an axiom of bodily autonomy being good.
That link does not work.(See #605)
Reality: we as a society continue to watch this content - it remains extremely popular and is legally produced in the USA.
(See #605)The current situation is that the porn that was described in your quotation is illegal, it is prosecuted when cases can be made, people go to prison. I can't think how clearer as a society we can be that we find such porn not only wrong but abhorrent.
You are having trouble answering because you'll be forced to admit that porn is influencing human behaviour negatively - and that that isn't limited to the porn we have been discussing.That link does not work.
Trouble answering what?You are having trouble answering because you'll be forced to admit that porn is influencing human behaviour negatively - and that that isn't limited to the porn we have been discussing.
You don't want to admit the 'nurture' part do you?
Why is porn that portrays adult actors as children abhorrent? Do you think it's because is encourages paedophilia? Normalises sex with adults for kids?Trouble answering what?
It doesn't encourage pedophilia. It does nothing that you say it does. It is harmless cosplay.Why is porn that portrays adult actors as children abhorrent? Do you think it's because is encourages paedophilia? Normalises sex with adults for kids?
What exactly?