• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump's Second Term

25th him.

Tough to do when the people surrounding him have no spine. I can't believe they aren't embarrassed, myself. I know they can't feel shame or embarrassment but good lord. Sitting around all day complimenting some demented ass geriatric while the world around you crumbles has to get old. I have to think at least some of these people understand how their names will show up in the history books.
 
Last edited:
And every day his cabinet and the Republicans in congress just stand around saying 'of course Mister President'. Trump is a sick, senile old man, who could probably make a decent case for diminished capacity in any criminal trial, those around him have no such excuse.
 
Trump: "I'm the only president that ever took a cognitive test. I took it 3 times. It's actually a very hard test for a lot of people. It wasn't hard for me. It starts off with an easy question and by the time you get to the middle it gets tougher -- mathematical equations and things."

Because it is a religious duty. Maybe because they are patriots. Maybe seeking revenge for the deaths of iranian children.

Trump: You don't want to have a person with a mental disability being your president. And Gavin Newsom said he can't read a speech, he’s actually a very stupid person.

Sure thing, you deluded old goat.

1774541975736.gif
 
Trump: "I'm the only president that ever took a cognitive test. I took it 3 times. It's actually a very hard test for a lot of people. It wasn't hard for me. It starts off with an easy question and by the time you get to the middle it gets tougher -- mathematical equations and things."

He's not even smart enough to question why he's getting so many cognitive tests.
 
I've gathered signatures for a number of measures, including for Proposition 4 years ago, and signatures to get candidates for Congress on our primary ballots. I take that responsibility very seriously, and I'm livid at how brazenly dishonest the Republican leadership has been.

This Utah kerfuffle is important to Pres. Trump because under the commission-drawn maps approved by the court administering the Proposition 4 lawsuit, Utah Republicans stand to lose one U.S. House seat for sure, and possibly two. This means Democrats will pick up at least one House seat from Utah in the midterms. Pres. Trump is rightly afraid of being impeached for the third time.
And the ballot initiative for the repeal has failed, meaning that Utah will have non-gerrymandered district maps for the 2026 election, that the Republicans will likely lose at least one if not two House seats from Utah, and that Pres. Trump is just that many seats closer to being impeached again.

While it seemed like initially there would be enough signatures to put the repeal on the ballot, our state law gives 45 days after signature certification to remove their signatures from the measure. And the signers who realized they had been lied to by the signature gatherers did so in enough numbers to fail the ballot initiative. Proposition 4 will not be up for voter repeal.

The state legislature tried a thoroughly dishonest last-ditch effort. Since the organization informing voters about the dishonest signature gathering tactics sent out a postage-prepaid envelope in which to return the signature removal request, the legislature passed a measure forbidding county clerks from receiving postage-prepaid signature removal requests—this after the envelopes had already been sent out, in effect changing the rules of the game as it's being played. This was introduced and passed literally hours before our legislative session was due to end. Thankfully it was poorly written and more or less unenforceable. (I.e., if I hand you a stamp along with an envelope, is it "prepaid" under the new law?)

In the end, their self-beclowning did not work. But it did serve to show just how cravenly desperate the Republican Utah legislators are to retain their gerrymandered supermajority.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom