Matthew Best
Penultimate Amazing
I presume I'm not the only person who immediately thought of this:
That was the position, but then the various titles were removed, I believe, by the various appropriatemagic spellsprocedures. (Some may still be in progress.)
Not really, the royal dogs are notorious for biting people.
Already posted it lolI presume I'm not the only person who immediately thought of this:
Thank you for that. It says Brian initiated the procedure, but was it actually completed?
Some more details here - https://constitution-unit.com/2025/11/08/prince-andrew-and-the-future-of-the-monarchy/
Looks like he is still Duke of York, Earl of Inverness and Baron Killyleagh, but will no longer be listed as such in the Roll of the Peerage. It will take an Act of Parliament to completely remove those. Other things, such as HRH and being a Knight of the Garter, can simply be removed by the King (and I think that has now happened).
Former senior civil servants said they were shocked to see the claims, and that there was a culture of deference towards the former prince within Whitehall that allowed them to proceed.
“I thought it was wrong … I’d said we mustn’t pay it, but we ended up paying it anyway,” a former civil servant told the BBC, referring to a claim that followed a visit to the Middle East.
A third source also reportedly told the BBC Andrew could be an ineffective trade envoy, whose visits could do more to harm local relations than to enhance them. The former civil servant said: “Andrew was seen as a liability. He went off-script, he thought he was an expert, when he wasn’t. He thought he was funny, when he was being rude to people.”
"Stripped of all his baubles" sounds a bit more extreme than even what his big brother has suggested so far..."It's gone too far, we're hounding Andrew for what? Raping a few girls no one had ever heard of?"
Is this enough "but ackshually" or do we need to segue into hymns of praise for the great hero and magnificent human being that is Andrew?
I think Oliver's summarising the views of Jeremy Vine's guests (whoever they are; I have no idea).Well there's someone whose hard drive needs looking at. eta: Oliver from Andy's post.
Not him, the guest on the show.Well there's someone whose hard drive needs looking at. eta: Oliver from Andy's post.
I disagree.It is clearly just virtue signalling. Even worse it is virtue signalling about someone who is legally innocent. In reality he will never become King, so it is just not an issue, other than bullying.
Especially ones with a higher than normal levels of consanguinity.Well, there's humans, and there's humans. Some humans are weirder than others.
If Andy_Ross's post is correct, Andrew M-W is a rapist, then, not a pedophile, so that makes it all OK, does it?As much as I'd like to see them removed from any "official" interactions with my society there hasn't been any evidence at all that Andrew is a paedophile.
And as ever we are a fickle social animal, I remember when he was labelled as Randy Andy by the media, when that was a positive label, when his exploits with "the ladies" was what the public apparently wanted to know about and approved of. The same acts he committed back then, the same behaviour are now the very acts he is today being condemed for. (Remember the age of consent for hetrosexual sex in all of the UK has been 16 since the 19th century, so him having sex with someone 16 and over was in itself certainly not what we consider to be paedophilia nor illegal. Of course the "sex trafficking" aspects could still make him guilty of rape and other sexual assault charges regardless of the age of the female..)
I do agree with those that consider altering the succession act is a waste of parliamentary resource, if they have such resources to spare let them simply end the monarchy, then the royal family can continue to do what they want with their made up stupidity and they can fight with the likes of the Kardashians for exposure.
The scandal surrounding Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor could end the reign of King Charles III, says a British historian who wrote an unofficial biography of the former prince.
Andrew Lownie, who spent years researching the royals for his book Entitled, says if the King had any idea of his brother's alleged misconduct while in public office, it could be cause for an early end to his reign.
"This is far more serious than the abdication crisis," Lownie told 7.30, referring to the abdication of King Edward VIII in 1936, when he chose to marry American divorcee Wallis Simpson.
"It could bring down King Charles.
Well there's someone whose hard drive needs looking at. eta: Oliver from Andy's post.
I think Oliver's summarising the views of Jeremy Vine's guests (whoever they are; I have no idea).