jt512
Philosopher
- Joined
- Sep 24, 2011
- Messages
- 5,547
I don't see a truck, I see a cybertruck.
It's supposed to be a sports car.
I don't see a truck, I see a cybertruck.
What's "woke" about it?It's supposed to be a sports car.
What is woke is how they plan to rebrand the company. Watch the video clip I posted.What's "woke" about it?
What's "woke" about rebranding a car company? All the major makers do it regularly.What is woke is how they plan to rebrand the company. Watch the video clip I posted.
And again...The Jag design did what it was supposed to do: got you looking at and talking about Jaguar. The production model won't be much like the concept model.
If that is a serious question, it is a dumb one. Obviously, there is nothing inherently woke about rebranding a company.What's "woke" about rebranding a car company? All the major makers do it regularly.
Watched it, what was woke?What is woke is how they plan to rebrand the company. Watch the video clip I posted.
OK, then what was "woke" about Jaguar's rebrand attempt? That the concept car was Pink Panther pink? You thought the car features was a load of pretentious tosh? The dancers in the advert were mixed race? The weird costumes? Define "woke" here.If that is a serious question, it is a dumb one. Obviously, there is nothing inherently woke about rebranding a company.
There is also the London Blue colour, so we can have the masculine pink of the British Empire for the blokes or the blue for the ladies.OK, then what was "woke" about Jaguar's rebrand attempt? That the concept car was Pink Panther pink? You thought the car features was a load of pretentious tosh? The dancers in the advert were mixed race? The weird costumes? Define "woke" here.
And British Racing Green. Or maybe the darker Jaguar Green? Very demure.There is also the London Blue colour, so we can have the masculine pink of the British Empire for the blokes or the blue for the ladies.
And yet you stated that:If that is a serious question, it is a dumb one. Obviously, there is nothing inherently woke about rebranding a company.
So, what exactly is your problem? Other than seeing "wokeness" everywhere......What is woke is how they plan to rebrand the company. Watch the video clip I posted.
St Patrick's Blue perhaps?And British Racing Green. Or maybe the darker Jaguar Green? Very demure.
The thing is, Musk has had very little to do with what mqde Tesla a successful EV company. The models that are currently selling were developed before he took control in the hostile takeover. All he's done since then is hype up vapourware or, with the Cybertruck, demonstrated why his ideas should remain vapourware.The very best you can say about the Cybertruck is it falls between multiple stools: It's not chunky enough to challenge the looks of the monsters like RAM, it's not off-roady enough to cut it off-road, and it's not cool enough to make other truck-owners jealous. That's the best you can say. Reality is it's a disaster as a realised concept, from the moment Elon threw a rock at it and broke the window. He should have stopped development right there.
I will give props to Tesla for their car ideas and designs they have produced, and becoming the world leader in EV's currently. And props to Elon for driving that. But the Cybertruck is truly Tesla's Edsel.
I'm not going to engage you about "liberals" because you generalised in error. I could pick you over point by point, but that is wasted effort on my part. Here's a question for you: See if you can think of one reason why I am not a "liberal", so your rant does not apply.
So it's the advert, not the actual car, that is "woke"? Is that what we have narrowed the problem to?Perfume ads look weird at first glance, because they're trying to sell a fragrance without access to the one sense that the product affects. So you have to try to convey a sense of how the product is supposed to make you feel.
So to me it's a red flag when a non-perfume company resorts to a perfume commercial to advertise their product. Jaguar makes automobiles. Why aren't they showing us the car? Why aren't they letting us hear the car?
I.e. too many brown people.So it's the advert, not the actual car, that is "woke"? Is that what we have narrowed the problem to?
More than zero.I.e. too many brown people.
I think the car is rather nice, as concept cars go.So it's the advert, not the actual car, that is "woke"? Is that what we have narrowed the problem to?
I agree about the purpose of the ad. I don't agree that the ad was successful just because it "generated buzz" or whatever. Jaguar is not a YouTube content creator. It's an automobile manufacturer. Just getting more eyeballs on the product doesn't pay off the same way, when the eyeballs themselves aren't the real product being bought and sold. Disney makes money if you keep your Disney+ subscription to hate-watch The Acolyte. Jaguar doesn't make money if their spectacle just makes millions of previously disinterested people think that Jaguar has truly beclowned itself.Is it because they are using pink in the advert? The advert by the way was not meant to be for a car as such, it was to get attention for the launch of the concept car at the heart of their attempt to save the brand and reverse the disastrous - by sales - last almost a decade.
The adverts were very successful.