• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

The Official Alex Jones Thread!

And right on cue, Steve Bannon is saying there was a conspiracy to deny a winning bid from Roger Stone. You can't make this stuff up (except they do).
Ah Steve Bannon. The guy who, when he had a White House position early in the first Trump Administration,said he was Trump's Thomas Cromwell.
I guess Bannon did not know what Henry the Eight finally did to Thomas Cromwell.
 
i think it's funny that of all the many, many right wing conspiracy theorist grifters out there, he's the only one who failed
 

Love it that the Sandy Hook families were first consulted and supported this, classy move on The Onion's part.

Any word on what they got it for? I don't see anything online except it was a sealed bid auction.
 

Love it that the Sandy Hook families were first consulted and supported this, classy move on The Onion's part.

Any word on what they got it for? I don't see anything online except it was a sealed bid auction.
According to them it was purchased for "under a trillion dollars" ;)
 
Love the official statement by the CEO of the Onion:

“The Onion is proud to acquire Infowars, and we look forward to continuing its storied tradition of scaring the site’s users with lies until they fork over their cold, hard cash,” said The Onion CEO Ben Collins. “Or Bitcoin. We will also accept Bitcoin.”
 
Holy smokes, talk about the Streisand affect. I could see the Onion going to town on that one in one of their first articles:


Stave Bannon and Roger Stone, Silent Partners of
the Onion, Start the Ball Rolling With the First
Conspiracy Theory to Discredit Their Own Mag


Mr. Bannon laughed hysterically as the maga weirdoes fell for his
newest conspiracy theory, while Roger Stone nodded his head in
agreement. "They really are stupid and uneducated," he admitted.
​


-
You have the style spot on
 
I've seen people online saying that The Onion made their "illegal" bid using money they don't have, and the sale has "already been overturned."
I'm guessing that's what they were talking about.
 
I've seen people online saying that The Onion made their "illegal" bid using money they don't have, and the sale has "already been overturned."
I'm guessing that's what they were talking about.
Yeah, an excuse straight from Alex Jones,

In reality it was set up as a blind bid from the start and an undisclosed chunk of the 'money' is the Sandy Hook families forgiving the debt that he owes them. He's just salty because he thought that his shell company would win and he could carry on as normal
 

Love it that the Sandy Hook families were first consulted and supported this, classy move on The Onion's part.

Any word on what they got it for? I don't see anything online except it was a sealed bid auction.
Whether it was a "classy move" is irrelevant; the families were also major financial backers, by agreeing to take the company as part of what Jones owes them.
 
As discussed in the CT thread, the sale is now on hold, because Jones was able to convince a judge that the use of sealed bids was somehow improper. Apparently he was expecting his buddy Steve Bannon to acquire the company and continue operations as usual.

ETA: I misremembered based on someone's joke post. Reports are it was actually a shell company of Jones's that was going to buy Infowars and continue operations.
 
Last edited:
Whether it was a "classy move" is irrelevant; the families were also major financial backers, by agreeing to take the company as part of what Jones owes them.
The families weren't backers, they were payees. This was a bankruptcy liquidation sale; The Onion didn't have to ask anyone if it was cool for them to bid, or if the families were ok with what The Onion was going to do with it.
 
I hope they turn it into a modern weekly world news. Which still exists as a website but one that is more obviously not real than the old print version. To be fair, the print version was obviously not real but I figured folks actually believed in the bat boy, nobody believes there's a Zombie wedding in New Jersey.
 
I hope they turn it into a modern weekly world news. Which still exists as a website but one that is more obviously not real than the old print version. To be fair, the print version was obviously not real but I figured folks actually believed in the bat boy, nobody believes there's a Zombie wedding in New Jersey.

There's not??? You just destroyed the last thing I believed in!!! There is no hope!!!
 
Typical! These right-wing nutbags were all for accepting the results of elections, and court verdicts, and court-ordered sales of their liquidated assets, when they win (i.e. don't lose). But if stuff doesn't go their way then their feces really starts flying.
 
Also from that story:
“We’re all going to an evidentiary hearing and I’m going to figure out exactly what happened,” the judge, Christopher Lopez, said in an emergency hearing on Thursday afternoon. “No one should feel comfortable with the results of this auction.”

Doesn't sound very impartial to me- more like he's already concluded that the auction was in some way fixed.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom