Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored
- Joined
- Oct 14, 2009
- Messages
- 27,458
I wondered if there was anything new on the sprinkler issue. It seems not.
As previously discussed I wonder why sprinklers were not fitted.
Obviously it's a cost in construction and maintenance but doesn't seem too arduous if the system is dry until activated. No exposed frozen pipes to burst. I wondered if the building design is required to contain the runoff from sprinklers to avoid pollution. That might be a significant extra cost but I don't know if it's required. Does anyone know?
I don't actually know whose liability the damage is. Do all those car owners have to claim on their own insurance? I suspect so but I don't know for sure. If the car park was liable, you can imagine their insurers would have demanded a fire suppression system was installed.
As previously discussed I wonder why sprinklers were not fitted.
Obviously it's a cost in construction and maintenance but doesn't seem too arduous if the system is dry until activated. No exposed frozen pipes to burst. I wondered if the building design is required to contain the runoff from sprinklers to avoid pollution. That might be a significant extra cost but I don't know if it's required. Does anyone know?
I don't actually know whose liability the damage is. Do all those car owners have to claim on their own insurance? I suspect so but I don't know for sure. If the car park was liable, you can imagine their insurers would have demanded a fire suppression system was installed.