Emily's Cat
Rarely prone to hissy-fits
There is a thread on the Skeptic's Guide to the Universe forum where all the lies about the Cass report are being posted and accepted uncritically. These are demonstrably false statements (such as the review discarded >90% of the research, that studies were discarded for not being double-blinded, that the review aims to deny transition until age 25, etc). I actually think that they don't even care that these are demonstrably false. They are like religious fundamentalists who think they are justified in 'lying for Jesus'.
Last year I tried posting on the Science-based Medicine comments section about the reviews in Scandinavian countries finding weak evidence for youth gender medicine, citing an article in the Lancet. The majority of posters refused to look at the article at all and accused me of lying about the contents. They were like a bunch of religious fundamentalists refusing to look at a blasphemous text.
Similar thing came up on IIDB, with the same false claims being made (in comic form). When I pointed out that their information was demonstrable false, I was just completely ignored and the falsehoods have not been addressed at all. I expect they'll come back around in a day or two and be presented again as if they're completely true.
That said... there's also an element to that particular discussion that is completely novel in its weirdness. One of the posters has been for several years arguing that it's a violation of human rights to "force" a child to go through puberty in the first place, and that kids should have the "right" to choose "which" puberty they go through. There've been several occasions where I've gone into great detail about why a male juvenile cannot go through a female puberty and vice versa... what with lacking the parts that are central to that experience in the first place. It might be one of the strangest arguments I've dealt with... and it's made further baffling by the number of otherwise reasonable people who seem to think that argument makes perfect sense.
Quite obviously the same person. It does rather raise the question of why they absolutely and completely refuse to discuss this topic here, but are freely involved in spread actual disinformation elsewhere.