You remind me of a friend of mine. When he's in an argument, it's not sufficient for him to prove that he's right. He has to prove that the other person is wrong.
Is this friend you??
You remind me of a friend of mine. When he's in an argument, it's not sufficient for him to prove that he's right. He has to prove that the other person is wrong.
What a nonsensical question that is.Is this friend you??
You remind me of a friend of mine. When he's in an argument, it's not sufficient for him to prove that he's right. He has to prove that the other person is wrong.
Inefficient compared to what? I’d say humans -most of us anyway- are a good bargain as far as energy required and utility produced. Certainly not evidence of “God’s flawed design.”
Every time I sit on the dunny to unburden myself, I contemplate the issue of God and gods… and by the time I am finished cleaning away the remnants, I am yet again irrefragably convinced that the whole delusion is a failure of human reasoning and a testament to our inability to fathom the extent of turpitude that any such creator would ineluctably have to have, given that it created reality the way it is.
Slightly less nonsensical questions, but still pointless (and aggressive) arguing.Does this post not count as part of your energy and mental expenditure arguing about gods???
Does it count towards your mental expenditure to dissuade people from arguing about gods???
Especially since this is a sentiment that most of us would not even disagree with. But the OP's belligerent and aggressive posting style, and their habit of picking fights, has led to it being a great big deal for some reason.I don't think a compelling argument has been presented here, one that would dissuade a believer. I mean, what is the point of presenting such an argument, otherwise? But what can you expect when the thread topic was literally built on a foundation of ****, in the OP?
Every time I sit on the dunny to unburden myself, I contemplate the issue of God and gods… and by the time I am finished cleaning away the remnants, I am yet again irrefragably convinced that the whole delusion is a failure of human reasoning and a testament to our inability to fathom the extent of turpitude that any such creator would ineluctably have to have, given that it created reality the way it is.
Slightly less nonsensical questions, but still pointless (and aggressive) arguing.
About thirty years ago, I did. And I found the answer. I don't see the point in expending a great deal of mental energy over it now.
Then what is the point about introducing engineers and cockroaches? That is nothing at all like god concepts. Perhaps, when you are excreting your thoughts in your think-tank, you might bear down a little harder to produce a more solid mass of coherent thought. At the moment you are spraying it everywhere!I think you are confusing the point of the OP... it is not suffering or nature... it is human created god concepts that are attributing the design of nature to this god concept.
Actually it is. On a personal level: "no pain, no gain." It's when it comes to others that there are issues. But I doubt anyone disagrees that there are times when suffering has to be allowed in order to achieve a greater good. The question is whether an omnimax God has to.Greater good is not exculpatory...
I agree! Thus the Problem from Suffering. And its proposed solutions. Is God constrained? I think a logical case can be made.all it shows is a constrained confined creator who has no choice but to deliberately create turpitude and has no other way of achieving this greater good than to make greater evil DELIBERATELY.
Yes, that movie invoked the "Greater Good" principle as well. But I wasn't thinking of anything so drastic. Human population is expected to decrease as countries become more economically advanced. I think we can do a lot to encourage its decrease though.Have you ever seen a movie called Logan's Run... they also made TV series out of it... the concept of the movie is something similar to what you propose... but... there is a catch.
I don't think a compelling argument has been presented here, one that would dissuade a believer. I mean, what is the point of presenting such an argument, otherwise? But what can you expect when the thread topic was literally built on a foundation of ****, in the OP?
Hilarious. How much mental energy do you think this is costing me? I'm literally knocking these posts out between tasks at work.The fact that you are now spending all this mental energy to derail my OP is a wonderful testament to the extent the OP has stirred you into action.
Especially since this is a sentiment that most of us would not even disagree with. But the OP's belligerent and aggressive posting style, and their habit of picking fights, has led to it being a great big deal for some reason.
I think in a venue with more actual believers Leumas would be kicked out in microseconds.I think these forced arguments would be of more merit in a different venue with more actual believers (not just those repeatedly accused of such).
That is consistent with the "God is impossible" argument which is a completely different type of argument.That's just parroting the standard RCC apologetics. None of that holds.
First, free will is an illusion. It's better understood merely as complexity.
Second, it's easy enough to conceive of an infinitely complex organism that is nevertheless precluded from wanting to do things that are downright evil; or at any rate from actually doing them.
No reason why not ending up with automatons or bots will necessarily mean having potentially evil creatures.
Compared to a machine.
I doubt you could transport 1 Tonne to a height of 100 metres.
It is exactly that. The choice is right there in your argument.Not to mention that having to eat or else die... is not exactly free will...
I suggest you look up Spina Bifida, Hernia, Herniated Disc, Anemia, Asthma, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, allergic rhinitis, fibromyalgia, chronic kidney disease, liver disease, lung disease (COPD).... cancer... parasitic infections, bacterial infections, viral infections.... etc. etc.
It is nice to be the king...
Then what is the point about introducing engineers and cockroaches? That is nothing at all like god concepts. Perhaps, when you are excreting your thoughts in your think-tank, you might bear down a little harder to produce a more solid mass of coherent thought. At the moment you are spraying it everywhere!
Actually it is. On a personal level: "no pain, no gain." It's when it comes to others that there are issues. But I doubt anyone disagrees that there are times when suffering has to be allowed in order to achieve a greater good. The question is whether an omnimax God has to.
I agree! Thus the Problem from Suffering. And its proposed solutions. Is God constrained? I think a logical case can be made.
Yes, that movie invoked the "Greater Good" principle as well. But I wasn't thinking of anything so drastic. Human population is expected to decrease as countries become more economically advanced. I think we can do a lot to encourage its decrease though.
Yeah, but maybe those defects are purposeful and have some purpose your mind is too feeble to fathom.
Are you kidding? Are you trying to say that you don't realise how belligerent, argumentative and shouty you are being? That you're picking fights even with people who agree with you? You are without doubt one of the most belligerent posters on this board right now, and I count theist ex-members like The Big Dog in that list.
Here's an example. Psionl0 has never claimed to be a theist. On the contrary, based on our past interactions I would describe them as vehemently strong-agnostic. Yet you have claimed repeatedly that they believe in the god you have described, over and over again emphasising your god. Though this is absolutely untrue, you keep repeating it in order to maintain your argumentative nature.
You need to stop, calm down a little, stop shouting at everybody, and actually read the things that people are saying.