• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Split Thread Akron police shoot unarmed man 60 times

Is there bodycam/crusiercam footage of the suspect firing at them out his window, or is that just their story? Really depends on that. Whether they shoot someone once or 60 times is fairly immaterial to me if it was justified.
The report is the victim fired once from the car. And there is a traffic cam that supposedly shows a flash. Hopefully a better analysis can sort that out.


Here's one scenario, this time suicide by cop might actually be considered. His significant other died recently and he left his wedding band and the gun in the car.

Why the wedding band?

Why the ski mask?
 
The report is the victim fired once from the car. And there is a traffic cam that supposedly shows a flash. Hopefully a better analysis can sort that out.


Here's one scenario, this time suicide by cop might actually be considered. His significant other died recently and he left his wedding band and the gun in the car.

Why the wedding band?

Why the ski mask?

Why was Elijah McClain dancing in the street clearly suspicious behavior and totally justifying the police response that lead to his death of course.

Black men need to learn behave as we see fit or die.
 
Mask, reaching for waistband and turning towards cops after a tension filled car chase usually lead to a shooting in the US and probably almost never elsewhere. We have allowed our cops to become what they are.

The solutions are simple:
Immediately eliminate 4 Supreme Court Justices and replace them with 4 Biden appointees.
Have a state rapidly pass a law that gives them complete control over who in their state can carry a gun on their person outside their own home. Get the law rapidly challenged and affirmed by the new, rational Supremes

Pretty sure there is a constitutional problem in there.

Create regional police training academies that are mandatory for anyone exercising arrest authority anywhere in the US.

I believe this is what partially caused the problem?

Eliminate the ‘qualified immunity’ nonsense.

Agreed. And gen pop the offenders.

There you have it……a solution to our police problem in one generation.

Just the last one would do it in a week or so, I think. Real consequences have a way of helping folks see the err of their ways right pronto.
 
Mask, reaching for waistband and turning towards cops after a tension filled car chase usually lead to a shooting in the US and probably almost never elsewhere. We have allowed our cops to become what they are.


And also allowed our civilians to become what they are.

You also forgot to add the part about gunfire and stuff from the perp. I keep asking myself...is there anything this guy could have chosen to do differently that might have avoided him getting shot?
 
And also allowed our civilians to become what they are.

You also forgot to add the part about gunfire and stuff from the perp. I keep asking myself...is there anything this guy could have chosen to do differently that might have avoided him getting shot?

Sure. But more importantly:

Is there anything the cops could have done differently to avoid unloading their weapons simultaneously?

I rather think that question is more pertinent.

Criminals gonna criminal. Is it so much to ask that LEOs enforce law without a heaping helping of Death sprinkled on top?
 
Sure. But more importantly:

Is there anything the cops could have done differently to avoid unloading their weapons simultaneously?

I rather think that question is more pertinent.

Criminals gonna criminal. Is it so much to ask that LEOs enforce law without a heaping helping of Death sprinkled on top?


Who cares that they unloaded on him simultaneously? I mean, yeah, sympathies for the clean up crew and coroner. And of course, if the line of fire was not clear, that should be reviewed and appropriately addressed.
 
Pretty sure there is a constitutional problem in there.

There is provision within the constitution for removing federal judges. I’m an idea man, someone else must do the legwork to get the 67 votes required in the senate.



I believe this is what partially caused the problem?

No, independent academies and for-profit police ‘schools’ are part of the problem. I’m talking about 4-5 federal police academies, all operating from the same set of standard police procedures. Each has the personnel and resources to inspect forces in the field and suspend and replace non-conforming departments.

You didn’t get all that from what I posted?



Agreed. And gen pop the offenders.
I don’t know what that means, but I like the sound of it, so agreed.



Just the last one would do it in a week or so, I think. Real consequences have a way of helping folks see the err of their ways right pronto.

I’d like to add to this one that any police official caught lying in defense of a cop suffers the same fate as the cop he lied for. Also, any cop that fails to arrest a fellow cop when he witnesses that cop committing a criminal act is fired and forever barred from police work.
 
Who cares that they unloaded on him simultaneously? I mean, yeah, sympathies for the clean up crew and coroner. And of course, if the line of fire was not clear, that should be reviewed and appropriately addressed.

The cat was unarmed. For eight cops to dump their mags on him at once is not the case of one or two chicken **** cops anymore. It's a more global problem.

One shot was probably fired in the car. The cops don't even claim it was fired towards them or anyone else (see my above speculation that the suspect was ignorant of manual gun clearing and only knew to shoot to clear a chambered round). But at the time of the shooting, he was empty handed. So 8 or so cops simultaneously pissed their pants and emptied mags at once. That's cowardice in the extreme.
 
The cat was unarmed. For eight cops to dump their mags on him at once is not the case of one or two chicken **** cops anymore. It's a more global problem.

One shot was probably fired in the car. The cops don't even claim it was fired towards them or anyone else (see my above speculation that the suspect was ignorant of manual gun clearing and only knew to shoot to clear a chambered round). But at the time of the shooting, he was empty handed. So 8 or so cops simultaneously pissed their pants and emptied mags at once. That's cowardice in the extreme.


Highlighted part is what we found out after-the-fact. Since he was apparently popping off round(s) in the car (and the gun was later found, adding credibility to this) it must be assumed he was still armed.

Look, if you want to stand there and have the guy shoot you, fine. But for me, my feeling would be...."you reach, I teach". It doesn't matter how many times he was shot if lethal force was justified, imo. Seems like it was.
 
Last edited:
"you reach, I teach" is the best way to describe how completely terrible the mentality of our police is and how their bootlickers will stick toe to heel in their mouths to justify what the cops do.

It's because people who are stupid enough to live by such a pathetic mantra generally find themselves doing **** exactly like this, killing someone who could have possibly been dealing with a terrible loss and unsure on how to cope, or what to do.

Nope, they boil it down to one (generally rhyming, because you want it to stick in their head) phrase that will justify such reckless behavior. By their own accounts they didn't even see a gun. They just figured he had a gun (since the cops somehow saw the flash while chasing him from behind? I guess?), he made a move they didn't like, and without actually seeing the gun, they shot him a couple dozen times.

If people think that's rational, if they think that's good police work, or justified then I certainly have nothing else to say. Plenty of people in this thread seem to be on the side of the cops. I don't have a determination either way, but I always believe there's a better and more intelligent way to handle a scenario than shooting a man 5 dozen times.
 
Highlighted part is what we found out after-the-fact. Since he was apparently popping off round(s) in the car (and the gun was later found, adding credibility to this) it must be assumed he was still armed.

Look, if you want to stand there and have the guy shoot you, fine. But for me, my feeling would be...."you reach, I teach". It doesn't matter how many times he was shot if lethal force was justified, imo. Seems like it was.

Yes, you can assumed a suspect is armed. No problem there. You can draw if he seems openly dangerous.

But you don't pull a trigger unless you are sure. All 8 of these guys jumped the gun, and IMO should be going down for some very serious crimes.

I don't care if someone reaches in the area of their waist at some point during a foot chase. That's not a capital crime. It goes back to the earlier unanswered question I asked you: are cops justified in drawing on me at my jobsite? What if I reached towards my waistband? Clear for the cops to pull till click?
 
Yes, you can assumed a suspect is armed. No problem there. You can draw if he seems openly dangerous.

But you don't pull a trigger unless you are sure. All 8 of these guys jumped the gun, and IMO should be going down for some very serious crimes.

I don't care if someone reaches in the area of their waist at some point during a foot chase. That's not a capital crime. It goes back to the earlier unanswered question I asked you: are cops justified in drawing on me at my jobsite? What if I reached towards my waistband? Clear for the cops to pull till click?

Sounds good, but how many cops must take a bullet for you to be sure ? because that's the only way to be absolutely certain that the guy is out to kill.
 
Sounds good, but how many cops must take a bullet for you to be sure ? because that's the only way to be absolutely certain that the guy is out to kill.

More than unarmed civilians taking a cops bullet, to be sure.

Cops are entrusted with police powers. That means putting themselves at significant risk before deploying them, full stop. This lunatic thinking of "cops can kill people just in case" is the whole problem in a nutshell.
 
We have the most highly equipped, worst trained, police force on the planet.

Without a doubt. As I have said countless times, small police forces in the US lead to poor recruitment, induction, training, resourcing and professionalism. And while the Akron PD is not a Hicksville PD of 10, a 400 member PD is woefully small by world standards.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom