• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trans women are not women (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one thing to still have a penis. It's another to expose females to male genitals in a woman's locker room. That is indecent exposure and it always has been. But if a person dresses like a female, looks like a female and maintains that facade I see no reason not to ignore it. The problem surfaces when it obviously is not.
(emphasis added)

Darat's "fix" of my first response made me think about my response, and there's just one thing I want to emphasise. Re: The highlighted.

It always had been, but it is not today. That isn't something that trans acivists, whether typical or extremist, are pushing for. That's the reality of the USA in 2022. That's Department of Education policy as of January 20, 2021. There is some variation on specifics in different states, but that sentence, which was true for most of our lives, is not true today.
 
Bigoted. Biassed. Prejudiced.

There has to be a term for this debating tactic. Argument from opprobrium? Badmouth your opponent, make it clear you believe their position is abhorrent to you and should be abhorrent to any "right-thinking" person, and maybe you don't have to look at the evidence or examine the artuments. It often seems to work.

[qimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FP0vqXwWUAEINB9?format=jpg&name=small[/qimg]


I'm inclined to say, just stop it, but it's been going on for several years so I don't suppose that's going to happen, so carry on.

I'll just carry on being bigoted against paraphilic, fetishistic men whose idea of a good turn-on is to LARP their pornified fantasy of woman and colonise and destroy all women's safe spaces. And against their appropriation of confused children and young people, grooming them into a cult of body-modification they themselves have decided to avoid.
I believe it's called poisoning the well. Might also be an ad hom.
 
...

Right now, I think the bigots out there are trying to stuff LGBTQ individuals back into the closet just like I think they are trying to snuff out the voice and lives of other minorities. ...

What does LGB have in common with T?
 
Bigoted. Biassed. Prejudiced.

It's a carbon copy of the exact tactic used in criticism of Israel, and I'd be surprised if there weren't a significant overlap in the group that screeches "Transphobe!! Bigot!!!" at the mildest criticism of the trans rights lobby, and the group that screeches "Anstisemite!!! Racist!!!" at criticism of Israel.

Thank you for giving away our private women's spaces on our behalf. A man has spoken, we should submit, I suppose.

At last! You've learned your place - get back in the kitchen and do what the man says.

I think the first time I mentioned the sneaky way some guys try to uphold the most extreme pro-trans position as a means of extending misogyny was at least a couple of years ago ITT.

What does LGB have in common with T?

That's something the L part seems to be recognising. A lot of feminist dykes* are coming to realise the trans lobby is eroding rights some of their sisterhood in gave their actual lives to obtain.

Ask Emily Davison what she thinks.

*no, they don't mind me calling them that, which I know because I'm friends with several - and if other feminist dykes are of a more tender mindset and offended, the advice I'm given by one, who is 70 years old this year, is to harden the **** up. In her words "If you own it, it can't hurt you".
 
"Sir, this is a battered women's shelter. You need to leave."

"You're bullying me!"

---

"Ma'am, this is a high school boy's locker room. You need to leave."

"You're bullying me!"

---

"These people are telling me they're having a private conversation, and it really gives me vibes they want me to leave, but I'm pretty sure that just means they're bullies."
I said without context.
You are adding context with your made up examples. Should I make up lots of examples too?
No, it would be fruitless to do so and doesn't get anyone anywhere.
 
Interesting logic. Whether or not the person getting vibes *should* be there, or whether their presence is a *problem* seems to be irrelevant to you. It's all just feels.

If I want a burglar to leave my house, and they are getting that vibe... your sentiment is with the burglar?
Does nobody understand what 'without context' means anymore?
 
Bigoted. Biassed. Prejudiced.

There has to be a term for this debating tactic. Argument from opprobrium? Badmouth your opponent, make it clear you believe their position is abhorrent to you and should be abhorrent to any "right-thinking" person, and maybe you don't have to look at the evidence or examine the artuments. It often seems to work.

[qimg]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FP0vqXwWUAEINB9?format=jpg&name=small[/qimg]


I'm inclined to say, just stop it, but it's been going on for several years so I don't suppose that's going to happen, so carry on.

I'll just carry on being bigoted against paraphilic, fetishistic men whose idea of a good turn-on is to LARP their pornified fantasy of woman and colonise and destroy all women's safe spaces. And against their appropriation of confused children and young people, grooming them into a cult of body-modification they themselves have decided to avoid.


Well isn't this post quite something.

Would I be correct to infer from your invective that you don't even believe transgender identity to be a valid condition (as opposed to, say, a mental health defect/illness or - as you so charmingly put it - some sort of fetishist cosplay)?

And do you feel the same way about transmen as you appear to feel about transwomen, or is it only transwomen who are the subject of your mockery and rejection?
 


Exactly.

It appears to be a matter of (bad) faith among many participants in this thread, and indeed many in wider society with similar beliefs (hello Daily Mail!) that:

1) most (if not all) people advocating for trans rights/protections - including those within this thread - hold extremist ideological points of view;

2) most (if not all) people advocating for trans rights/protections - including those within this thread - have no care for the protection of ciswomen;

3) males - including the males within this thread - have no intellectual or ideological right to offer an opinion on trans rights/protections (especially, of course, rights/protections for transwomen);

and

4) the relevant mainstream medical/scientific community, most national/regional governments in "western" countries, and the justice systems in those countries - all of whom are recognising transgender identity and seeking to give trans people appropriate rights and protections in law - must all somehow have been victims of "policy capture" (the add-on kicker to this is the "anti-trans" community appear to have convinced themselves that this is all some sort of conspiracy enacted and enforced by misogynistic males..... conveniently forgetting, of course, that all of those medical & governmental bodies contain high levels of female representation).
 
I said without context.
You are adding context with your made up examples. Should I make up lots of examples too?
No, it would be fruitless to do so and doesn't get anyone anywhere.

I'm not so sure that's a reasonable response here. Prestige gave three examples. The second one was a high school boys' locker room.

The actual context, the specific example which you said seemed like bullying, was a high school girls' locker room. I think the context doesn't really help you here.

The example was a 15 year old (cis) girl in her underwear, asking a 15 year old (trans) girl to leave, and you said it sounds like bullying. I think, in context, calling that bullying is pretty silly.
 
Exactly.

It appears to be a matter of (bad) faith among many participants in this thread, and indeed many in wider society with similar beliefs (hello Daily Mail!) that:

1) most (if not all) people advocating for trans rights/protections - including those within this thread - hold extremist ideological points of view;

2) most (if not all) people advocating for trans rights/protections - including those within this thread - have no care for the protection of ciswomen;

3) males - including the males within this thread - have no intellectual or ideological right to offer an opinion on trans rights/protections (especially, of course, rights/protections for transwomen);

and

4) the relevant mainstream medical/scientific community, most national/regional governments in "western" countries, and the justice systems in those countries - all of whom are recognising transgender identity and seeking to give trans people appropriate rights and protections in law - must all somehow have been victims of "policy capture" (the add-on kicker to this is the "anti-trans" community appear to have convinced themselves that this is all some sort of conspiracy enacted and enforced by misogynistic males..... conveniently forgetting, of course, that all of those medical & governmental bodies contain high levels of female representation).

Just a reminder to anyone reading. The post that Darat "fixed" by saying that those were extremist views, rather than typical, views, were about positions held by people in government, and which have been defended by you, and by other people in the thread.

Acbytesla said it was indecent exposure to expose male geniatalia in a woman's locker room. If he is talking about the law, he is wrong. It is, now, perfectly legal to expose male genitalia in a women's locker room in many jurisdictions, including American high schools.

That was the view Darat referred to as "extremist".

You hold that view as well, don't you? i.e. You support that law. You believe that it ought to be legal to expose male genitalia in a women's locker room, so long as that male genitalia is attached to a woman. i.e. there is nothing wrong with a woman exposing her penis in a women's locker room. Correct? It's all good, right?

ETA:

And, you responded to Darat by saying "Exactly".

You then proceeded to go on with:

"1) most (if not all) people advocating for trans rights/protections - including those within this thread - hold extremist ideological points of view;"

indicating that those of us with "bad faith" are doing that.

Well, I called those views "typical". Darat said they were extremist.

ETA2: The above is really hard to parse. I'm going to try again.

I described views which are held by government actors today, and which have been enacted as policy, as "typical" TRA views.

Darat "fixed" my post, to indicate that the views are actually "extremist" positions.

You, come along and note, in point 4 of your post, that governments are adopting the very positions that Darat, not me, called "extremist". I called them "typical", based on the fact that they are actually being adopted, as you acknowledge in point 4. And yet, you attribute Darat's characterization to me and others, and claim that we are arguing in "bad faith".


In short, you're post above is kind of a mess. You need to figure out who said what, in reference to what positions.

And, so that acbytesla understands, for his benefit, I would like you to answer the following question. If a person exposes male genitalia in a woman's locker room, is that sufficient grounds to charge that person with indecent exposure? (Or whatever name it goes by in the jurisdiction he's in.) I know that, as a lawyer, you understand what "sufficient" means, so no weaselly "sometimes" argument. I'm saying "sufficient" because that is exactly what I mean.
 
Last edited:
Because someone in UK is both keeping statistics and can do simple maths.



What an excellent non sequitur!

We're talking about an easily-preventable and very obvious threat.



Really?
What about the "easily-preventable and very obvious threat" posed to ciswomen by other ciswomen in bathroom/toilet facilities? (And that's a genuine threat, by the way, from lower-level harassment up to and including murder)

And what about the "easily-preventable and very obvious threat" posed to young white girls by the prospect of savage sexually-deviant black men when the law allowed such men to get within striking distance of such girls? (And again, that is/was a genuine threat)


Should black civil rights legislation have been skewered by the near-inevitable consequence that a small number of black men would commit serious crimes against white women? And what should the authorities do about ciswomen harassing/assaulting/killing other ciswomen in women's bathrooms?
 
Just a reminder to anyone reading. The post that Darat "fixed" by saying that those were extremist views, rather than typical, views, were about positions held by people in government, and which have been defended by you, and by other people in the thread.

Acbytesla said it was indecent exposure to expose male geniatalia in a woman's locker room. If he is talking about the law, he is wrong. It is, now, perfectly legal to expose male genitalia in a women's locker room in many jurisdictions, including American high schools.

That was the view Darat referred to as "extremist".

You hold that view as well, don't you? i.e. You support that law. You believe that it ought to be legal to expose male genitalia in a women's locker room, so long as that male genitalia is attached to a woman. i.e. there is nothing wrong with a woman exposing her penis in a women's locker room. Correct? It's all good, right?


As I said, you appear to be a fully bought-up member of the "policy capture" club, since you obviously reject the idea of trans people using bathroom/changing facilities commensurate with their gender rather than their birth sex - and by extension, you must believe that governments all over the western world have taken leave of their senses.

And the answer to your (notably loaded and pejorative) question is: yes, provided that maximum reasonable care is taken by the transwoman to avoid/mitigate exposure of her genitals. If a transwoman were to be assessed as deliberately trying to shock/intimidate/threaten ciswomen in this situation, for example through conscious extended displays of her genitals in a deliberate proximity to ciswomen, then I'd fully expect (and welcome) that transwoman to be removed from the facility.


But hey, yeah: all the governments and legislatures (which all contain significant female representation, by the way) are wrong, and you are right. Have you even stopped to think that these bodies might have spent a lot of time and effort thinking this through, including extensive consultation exercises and the input of experts? I guess your answer remains "policy capture", huh?
 
Acbytesla,

You hold that view as well, don't you? i.e. You support that law. You believe that it ought to be legal to expose male genitalia in a women's locker room, so long as that male genitalia is attached to a woman. i.e. there is nothing wrong with a woman exposing her penis in a women's locker room. Correct? It's all good, right?

And the answer to your (notably loaded and pejorative) question is: yes, provided that maximum reasonable care is taken by the transwoman to avoid/mitigate exposure of her genitals. If a transwoman were to be assessed as deliberately trying to shock/intimidate/threaten ciswomen in this situation, for example through conscious extended displays of her genitals in a deliberate proximity to ciswomen, then I'd fully expect (and welcome) that transwoman to be removed from the facility.

There's a lot of baggage around it, some of which I've snipped, but there's the answer.

And LondonJohn is not an "extremist", despite Darat's characterization of that view. It's solidly mainstream trans-rights activism, and it's the law of the land in large swathes of the US, and it is also the official policy of the US Department of Education.


Make of that what you will. That seems to be at odds to the understanding that you had yesterday.
 
I agree - your "response" here certainly was. Meanwhile, do you have anything of substance to say wrt my post?

What about response when I said I would ban women from women's toilets if they committed sexual assaults at half the rate of transwomen and then asked you how much would be acceptable to you?
 
Last edited:
Would I be correct to infer from your invective that you don't even believe transgender identity to be a valid condition (as opposed to, say, a mental health defect/illness or - as you so charmingly put it - some sort of fetishist cosplay)?


I don't even know what a "valid condition" is supposed to mean.

There are certainly mental health issues involved here, and fetishist cosplay. Both of these are valid conditions.
 
I don't even know what a "valid condition" is supposed to mean.

There are certainly mental health issues involved here, and fetishist cosplay. Both of these are valid conditions.

To be fair to LJ this time, he seems to have defined the term enough to understand. He's saying a "valid condition" is one that is not delusional, not a result of mental illness, and not a deliberate deception.
 
Last edited:
Nobody does.

This is deliberate.


But somehow, I'm a bad person because of these meaningless words.

ETA: It's still meaningless. Delusions, mental illness and deliberate deception are things that exist, that happen, so I can't see in what way they're not "valid". If LJ would state in clear language what he thinks I ought to believe about transganderism in order not to be on the receiving end of his "look what an appalling person you are" sneering, then I'd be happy to explain in detail why I do not believe these things. However, I'm not having an argument based on the word "valid".
 
Last edited:
As I said, you appear to be a fully bought-up member of the "policy capture" club, since you obviously reject the idea of trans people using bathroom/changing facilities commensurate with their gender rather than their birth sex - and by extension, you must believe that governments all over the western world have taken leave of their senses.

I'm not sure about "policy capture", but the rest is true.

I'm willing to compromis a bit, but for a one sentence summary of my views, it's pretty accurate.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom