Axxman300
Philosopher
You know 60 years later I wonder if the negatives have degraded losing clarity during this time.
Hard to say, since nobody has access to them. I assume they're kept in a safe.
The past few years I've been going through old photo albums to scan into the computer, and upload to social media for extended family. I've found that most negatives, if stored with care, tend to weather the passing of time fairly well. 35mm film negatives tend to be hardy.
The question should be: did RFK destroy them?
He removed his brother's brain from the National Archives to reinter it with his body when they moved it to it's final resting place under the eternal flame. RFK and Jackie were upset that photographs were even taken at the autopsy in the first place - something that was not standard in 1963. Dr. Humes was the one who ordered the photographer to be there, not anyone else. He wanted pictures so he could refer back to them when writing up the autopsy report due to the fact that he was under pressure from the Kennedy family (i.e. Jackie) to get the procedure done ASAP so the body could be buried within 3 days, per Catholic tradition.
The photographs in public circulation are mostly low-resolution B&W photos, and almost none of the high resolution color photos have been seen by the public.