FFS There is no law here saying they CAN
I was. which is kind of why I was at pains to say it.
The only way the USA will get to anything close to 80% vaccinated is to put vaccine mandates in force in the vast majority of private businesses. We are already seeing the beginning of that, as Biden mandated vaccination for Federal Workers, the military is mandating vaccinations for personnel, and Big Tech is mandating for their workers.
![]()
Forgive my ignorance as come from a wee piece of nothing on the arse end of the world and have no idea of US employment contracts, but I still have trouble seeing how you can suddenly telling existing workers there is a new pre-provision you are vaccinated added, you didn't sign up for.
Don't get me wrong, workers rights may be crap there, but it is landmine stuff here.
Why not? Even union contracts were no match for the requirement nurses had to get flu shots as an infection control measure. Hospitals won that one.
The world isn't stagnant. This is a public health crisis of the largest magnitude. The idea an employer can't 'make people get shots' is a knee-jerk reaction I have seen from TB skin tests made mandatory in fire departments to the flu shot example in hospitals. The facts say otherwise. The tests and vaccinations are now accepted realities.
SG was talking about US employment law, which is nothing like NZ employment law.
Having said that assuming overseas rights includes no un wanted medical.
But not not sure how much enmployers can break contracts with extras
In fact going back and looking, it's clear that the thread at that point was mostly about US Law.
These posts were all about the US employer mandates.
The US doesn't have employment contracts as we understand them here.
You have a rather picky way of finding quotes, I find funny
Well no **** Sherlock. That was the point I kept trying to make
Depends on whether the words "I have no idea about US employment contracts" completely escapes your brain power
so why are you arguing with people trying to explain to you what they are like and how employers can do these things there?
Fair enough
Happy to roll. Prove to me a company can force and existing eployee who has already signed a contract without it has to be vaxed or is sacked in NZ law.
I await with baited breath
You are the one making the claim. I’ve pointed out that employers in Australia can mandate vaccinations. It’s on you to prove they can’t.
But you won’t. And the NZ Bill of Rights is not relevant.