• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Moderated Money/inequalities - Part 3 / Poll - willing to work for free?

Are you willing to work for free if the goods and services are free?

  • Yes

    Votes: 23 31.5%
  • No

    Votes: 35 47.9%
  • I don't know

    Votes: 15 20.5%

  • Total voters
    73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda makes you wonder about what happened to them? Did he just replace them with Jesus, in a crass attempt to make it more palatable to a western audience? That would require some thought, so doubtful.

I'm not sure. Gaetan said he could summon djinns and genies in a flash so we asked him why doesn't he snap his fingers and have these djinns and genies give everyone millions of dollars. Then money inequality would be solved.

Gatean's entire theory is based on a book written in the 1500's called "utopia", a country that had slaves (and money) and took babies from their families to balance out family size. Citizens all worse the same clothes of the same color and they had a king. You can read a summary on wikipedia.

The author was Thomas More.
 
I'm not sure. Gaetan said he could summon djinns and genies in a flash so we asked him why doesn't he snap his fingers and have these djinns and genies give everyone millions of dollars. Then money inequality would be solved.

Gatean's entire theory is based on a book written in the 1500's called "utopia", a country that had slaves (and money) and took babies from their families to balance out family size. Citizens all worse the same clothes of the same color and they had a king. You can read a summary on wikipedia.

The author was Thomas More.

It also emerged that he hadn't read it.
 
The book or the Wikipedia article? I know, both. He had the idea briefly summarized to him and that was it. Off to the races with no critical thought applied.

After reading the Wikipedia article, I'm convinced that Gaetan suffered from the same lack of imagination More did. Specifically, that he wouldn't be one of those toiling in the fields. That they would be part of the ruling class.
 
The book or the Wikipedia article? I know, both. He had the idea briefly summarized to him and that was it. Off to the races with no critical thought applied.

Utopia had flaws that Gaetan ignored. They were a closed off society so it wasn't a world of no money.

Secondarily, Utopia had slaves and even punished people for things like premarital sex.

Utopia also had money.

So I'm not exactly sure how Gaetan got his idea for a no money world.

And there were no Teslas there either.
 
So I'm not exactly sure how Gaetan got his idea for a no money world.

And there were no Teslas there either.

Insomnia, and other fevered dreams.

Because, in this world, Gaetan has no money, no real prospects to make it, and an avarice for material goods that knows no bounds. Faced with the options of maybe lower middle class and the desires of a Robber Baron, he eliminated the only hurdle in his race.

He probably has only held entry level jobs, because that is how he treats all jobs. Much like in Utopia, everyone is a farmer because, well, either you are part of the ruling class, or you are tending those fields.

In the end, it's all jealousy. He wants what someone else has, usually Bezos, but he knows that is beyond his reach, and can't afford even the most rudimentary luxury good like a Tesla.
 
The abandonment of its Afgan ally by the American troops was for money considerations
 
Absolute unevidenced garbage.

Oh and look, we're back to avoiding people's questions and just spouting rubbish again.

Pathetic Gaetan. Really pathetic.
 
The abandonment of its Afgan ally by the American troops was for money considerations

Kinda. Biden wants to pay for his social agenda and the war against the Taliban was a major line item. But then again, Biden want to withdraw from the war back when he was VP, and is on record not giving a toss about the lives it would cost. Hmmm, not giving 2 shakes about the lives of human, why, that is right up your alley. So why the sudden concern? Is it because actually addressing your own nonsense would expose you to thought?
 
Absolute unevidenced garbage.

Oh and look, we're back to avoiding people's questions and just spouting rubbish again.

Pathetic Gaetan. Really pathetic.

I thought, maybe, we would get another reassertion, did not expect a red herring. But it's still par for that course.
 
Yet more unevidenced garbage.

Why are you running away from questions Gaetan? Surely you aren't a coward?
 
Jesus taught that evil hate the truth. War in Afganistan cost too much money.

So in a no money world, the US would be there forever?

Wouldn't the Taliban have equal footing with the US is top notch weapons and jets were all "free" and they could take what they want without any cost?

In fact evil governments could flourish in a no money world right Gaetan?
 
Jesus taught that evil hate the truth. War in Afganistan cost too much money.

And back to the reassertions.

It didn't cost "too much money" but rather Biden wanted to spend that money on something else. And he didn't want to be in that war back when he was VP.

Are you supporting the US in nation building now? Or do you support sharia law? I'm guessing the latter, since it came from "God", right? Or do they also service the devil? They must, since they don't follow your very strict reading and interpretation of Jesus?
 
War is ruinously expensive. Always has been. In a no money world, war is free.

In a world with no money, everyone can have all the wars they want, all the time. Just imagine; limitless warfare whenever anyone wants it.
 
Why people will take 2 chickens when they can only eat one? Why a guy would take 2 chain saws when he only need one?

I would take 6 chickens so I can harvest eggs for breakfast.

I would take 2 chain saws because then I have a spare if one of them breaks.

Of course if money was involved I would buy only one chain saw because I wouldn't spend more money just for the convenience of having an extra one. But if chain saws are "free", who wouldn't want an extra one, if not more?
 
I would take 6 chickens so I can harvest eggs for breakfast.

I would take 2 chain saws because then I have a spare if one of them breaks.

Of course if money was involved I would buy only one chain saw because I wouldn't spend more money just for the convenience of having an extra one. But if chain saws are "free", who wouldn't want an extra one, if not more?

You are going to need more chickens than that I suspect. Your going to need a flock of at least 3 to keep up your egg demands. Let's not forget about eggs for baking. Sorry, this is real world thinking, not just call down to the chicken factory and get more birds.

As far as Chainsaws go, I need one for big logs and one for smaller logs. I just looked it up, and chainsaws are quite complex when it comes to purpose. You do want want suited to the size you are sawing.
 
War is ruinously expensive. Always has been. In a no money world, war is free.

In a world with no money, everyone can have all the wars they want, all the time. Just imagine; limitless warfare whenever anyone wants it.

The reason of that war was for money project but it didn't work as it was supposed to be.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom