• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Ron DeSantis (R) - Country Hungry for New Blood

Who is this "we" you speak of? You carry a rat in your pocket? Your version of the "count" has nothing to do with reality or science.

Firstly, yes, I do carry a rat in my pocket.

Secondly, we went over that the covid death rate for children, as reported, has been 0-.03% of total deaths, per state. A total of 358 deaths, overall.
 
Ain't much of them kids gonna die, bro. We covered the count, earlier in the thread.

How many have to die before it's unacceptable? Are you willing to be the one to tell their parents how the sacrifice of their child is acceptable?

And how about the thousands that could end up hospitalized? Or those that could end up with long Covid for potentially the rest of their lives?

How about their families? Is it their choice then their kid brings it home from school and infects them?
 
Firstly, yes, I do carry a rat in my pocket.

Don't we all?

Secondly, we went over that the civic death rate for children, as reported, has been 0-.03% of total deaths, per state.

The overall death rate for people is 2%. That's pretty damned high, and that doesn't include people who end up with long-term or permanent health issues, including cardiovascular, pulmonary or neurological disorders. I know empathy is overrated, but it has its place.
 
Firstly, yes, I do carry a rat in my pocket.

Secondly, we went over that the covid death rate for children, as reported, has been 0-.03% of total deaths, per state. A total of 358 deaths, overall.

Thanks for clarifying...wanted to know who the "we" referred to. I guess the rat is your subject expert.
 
Firstly, yes, I do carry a rat in my pocket.

Secondly, we went over that the covid death rate for children, as reported, has been 0-.03% of total deaths, per state. A total of 358 deaths, overall.

Before the measles vaccine, there were around 1,000 cases of encephalitis and maybe 500 deaths in the USA per year. And we require a measles vaccine for kids to attend public schools. I'm not understanding your argument, if there is one here.
 
Before the measles vaccine, there were around 1,000 cases of encephalitis and maybe 500 deaths in the USA per year. And we require a measles vaccine for kids to attend public schools. I'm not understanding your argument, if there is one here.

But this is different because it affects me!
 
There's less than 20,000 murders a year, but I imagine most of these people downplaying the severity of the covid death rate would not advocate a similar "hands off" approach to this objectively less severe threat.

I wonder how much of this stance is simply stubbornness and a refusal to admit that conservatives have been dead wrong about covid at every step.
 
Last edited:
Before the measles vaccine, there were around 1,000 cases of encephalitis and maybe 500 deaths in the USA per year. And we require a measles vaccine for kids to attend public schools. I'm not understanding your argument, if there is one here.

This is the thing, none of these things are new. De Santis and other republicans are fighting battles over things that the US has been doing for years, but they are only upset about those things happening for Covid. There were lockdowns and mask mandates in 1918. Vaccinations have been mandated, and even in the case of smallpox forced vaccinations occurred.

Oddly enough the freedom-loving small-government Republicans are all for a Governor telling local authorities that they aren't allowed to make free choices to protect public safety in their areas.
 
Before the measles vaccine, there were around 1,000 cases of encephalitis and maybe 500 deaths in the USA per year. And we require a measles vaccine for kids to attend public schools. I'm not understanding your argument, if there is one here.

Maybe we shouldn't require that vaccine? Especially now.
 
Maybe we shouldn't require that vaccine? Especially now.

I disagree. Living in a first-world, Western country, I like the idea of not dealing with the hassle of measles outbreaks making people sick and killing us.

May I ask - why "especially now" is in your response? Would "now" be an especially good time to re-introduce measles outbreaks for some reason?
 
That sort of suggests that Democrats are more than happy to kill them in the womb.

Only in the same way to my liking red cars suggests that my neighbour likes blue ones.

Way OT, either way.

The Republican party being for killing kids is totally on topic. It is the topic. By banning mask mandates more kids are going to get infected, that means more will be hospitalised, and the more that are infected and hospitalised, the more are going to die. De Santis apparently thinks it's a great idea.

Republicans: Killing kids to pwn the Libs, cause we have no policies anyone likes.
 
May I ask - why "especially now" is in your response? Would "now" be an especially good time to re-introduce measles outbreaks for some reason?

What're a few more dead kids. If they get lucky they might even be getting rid of future democrats given that minorities are more susceptible to these viruses.
 
Meanwhile, Ron DeathSantis' bluff is called, and he meekly mucks his cards:

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis softens school board threats. It will be on them to cut their own pay


TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Gov. Ron DeSantis’ administration signaled earlier this week that it would slash the pay of Florida school superintendents and school board members who defy the governor on school masks .

But now — as two Florida districts, including Broward County Public Schools, remain defiant — the governor’s office is acknowledging the state has no control over local employees’ pay. His spokesperson called on “activist, anti-science school board members” to dock their own salaries if the state follows through with financial sanctions against their district.

Yeah Ron, they might just cut their own pay, ya betcha!

:dl:
 
"Out of the four deceased, three were not vaccinated, but one was set to get the vaccine, said Union president Anna Fusco, per NBC Miami
Union president Anna Fusco didn't learn proper conjunction use in school, I'm thinking.

More elegant phrasing - "none of these dead people got the free covid shot."
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom