Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
You have to understand the Right and the GOP base are terrified, I mean white as a ghost petrified, of the idea of the government doing something good and effectively. To them having to watch the government actually solve a problem will shatter their world view to the point we might as well force them to look at the creatures from Birdbox.
"Government is bad, and to prove it we will govern badly" is really not even the subtext anymore, it's the text.
Because they have perverted and toxified "freedom" as a concept into a sad, pathetic, edgelord game of "You can't tell me what to do" and think that's the same thing.
I absolutely agree with the highlighted. They're like teens who think they're really exerting their independence by showing their parents they don't have to follow house rules by doing stupid stuff that endangers them. "You can't tell me I have to be in at 10:00 PM so I'll just sneak out at 1:00 AM and go drink to the point of passing out with my buddies! That'll show you!"
CNN: "26 AZ Republicans urge governor to withhold public funding from schools requiring masks: 'It borders on anarchy and destabilizes the very foundation of our society to have local governments effectively refusing to comply with the law. It must not be allowed to stand.' "
Well then....maybe you should be asking yourselves just why so many local governments are refusing to comply with that law. Idiots.