• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: Rioters storm and occupy the US Capitol - part 2

Then you loaded it again, why would you only have 8 shots?

It was more a joke on the weight of the thing. With a wooden stock it is quite heavy :)

Also if the enemy is rushing you you don't have time to load the thing. I never got under 15 seconds. :blush:
 
It was more a joke on the weight of the thing. With a wooden stock it is quite heavy :)

Also if the enemy is rushing you you don't have time to load the thing. I never got under 15 seconds. :blush:

<mild disappointment>

I was hoping it was because Danes were Vikings.
 
It was more a joke on the weight of the thing. With a wooden stock it is quite heavy :)

Also if the enemy is rushing you you don't have time to load the thing. I never got under 15 seconds. :blush:

You need to practice and learn to load one correctly.

Bloke on The Range.

'Mad Minute' 39 rounds on target in one minute


Garand 'Ping' and other myths


What ain't necessarily so about the M1 Garand
 
Last edited:
no Wessel for Trump without a catchy song...

...which I doubt they will manage to create.

Sung to the tune of San Francisco

Ashli Babbitt, climb through the broken door,
trigger the libs once more before you are dead.
Ashli Babbitt, don't heed the aiming guard,
you're getting shot in the head
 
Five members of a Texas family were arrested on Tuesday for entering the US Capitol together during the January 6 insurrection.

Federal investigators pointed to extensive social media posts from many members of the family in order to make the arrests on Tuesday, in one of the largest single-day sweeps of defendants in one Capitol riot case to date.

The Justice Department said that Thomas "Tom" Munn had encouraged people on social media to travel to DC in the weeks before the riot. In a December Facebook post, Tom Munn wrote, "Our President has only asked two things from us, so far... #1 Vote #2 January 6, 2021." In another post cited in court documents, Tom Munn wrote "The time has come!"

The day before the riot, Tom Munn and what's described as his "nuclear family" -- including someone who appears to be his partner Dawn, and their children Kristi, Josh and Kayli -- drove from Borger, Texas, to Washington, according to charging documents used in a new federal criminal case against the five family members.

In a Facebook post a tipster provided to the FBI, Kristi Munn shared a picture of what appears to be some of her family members posing in camouflage clothing, with the comment, "Washington D.C. here we come !!! #StopTheSteal #TrumpisMyPresident"

Another family member, Kelsi Munn posted pictures of her family on Facebook amid the siege, calling it "female empowerment" because the Munn women "stormed OUR capital," according to court records.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/13/politics/munn-family-texas-us-capitol/index.html
 
My kids are in their 20s and they know who he was. Still dead, I might add.


ETA: All you had to do was not fall asleep during world history class and you'd know who he was. So like Manuel, you'd know how to reply when the Orally man asked where the generalissimo was. "¡En Madrid!

I loved that scene.
 
You need to practice and learn to load one correctly.

Not fair, LOL :D

My Garand shooting days are over. On my recall to duty we were issued M75s. Loading difficulties over although I couldn't hit a barn door with that piece of plastic.

He does load quite quickly though. I have feeble programmer hands. And the spring was extra strong. Yea. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it! :o

ETA: This is me. Just about :D https://youtu.be/FbGoU-yx8YA?t=604
 
Last edited:
Not fair, LOL :D

My Garand shooting days are over. On my recall to duty we were issued M75s. Loading difficulties over although I couldn't hit a barn door with that piece of plastic.

He does load quite quickly though. I have feeble programmer hands. And the spring was extra strong. Yea. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it! :o

ETA: This is me. Just about :D https://youtu.be/FbGoU-yx8YA?t=604

That third 'Bloke' video has some good tips on loading quickly and not getting your thumb mashed.
He also shows how to single load and top off a clip.
 
I'm lazily quoting this for the sake of noting that this is the topic in question.

David Frum actually weighed in on the topic recently, by the look of it.

To take an excerpt...

Thanks for that. I read the whole article. Everyone should. Frum is the only commenter on "The Right" who shows any degree of understanding and intelligence (and admit he was wrong in the past and has changed his mind). I guess he can always come home to Canada if things get too hot for him elsewhere. ;)
 
Just wondering, what were his firearms purchases like before the terrorist insurrection? Did he regularly buy firearms of various types? Or is this something new in his life?

Just playing devils advocate here. It is possible that his recent gun purchases were less a case of "I am becoming unspooled", and more a case of "I have always been a gun nut, and I just don't think a little thing like bail conditions should apply to me". (The fact that many of his guns are "classic" firearms not really practical for arming a bunch of Trump militia suggests that.)

It's the quantity that's a bit shocking. Most of those firearms alone could easily be explained as a gun collector or enthusiast making an ordinary purchase, but going on a huge buying spree seems more erratic. Reports say the guy was a cop before he torpedoed his life for his God-King. Cops make a decent salary, but blowing $50,000 in half a year is quite the extravagant spending spree for anyone that isn't on the wealthier side. Blowing a small fortune on collectible firearms while facing the expensive proposition of federal prosecution strikes me as not the action of someone in their right mind.

The mix of vintage collectible firearms and a pipe bomb makes me wonder if he was just having a taste of the good life before going out with a bang.
 
Last edited:
Just wondering, what were his firearms purchases like before the terrorist insurrection? Did he regularly buy firearms of various types? Or is this something new in his life?
It's the quantity that's a bit shocking. Reports say the guy was a cop before he torpedoed his life for his God-King. Cops make a decent salary, but blowing $50,000 in half a year is quite the extravagant spending spree for anyone that isn't on the wealthier side. Blowing a small fortune on collectible firearms while facing the expensive proposition of federal prosecution strikes me as not the action of someone in their right mind.
Spending $50k on guns to keep is rather extravagant. But again, I'd want to see what his past transaction history is before I make any decisions....

Maybe in the past he both bought and sold guns, such that the $50k would be offset by income from the sale of other firearms.

(I don't want you to think I am defending him. I think that any way you look at it, the guy is a lunatic and should be locked up for a long, long time... its just the way his lunacy is manifesting itself that I am not sure about... whether its a case of him "wanting to go out with a bang", or him simply deciding "bail conditions don't matter to me", he still deserves to be in jail.)
 
Spending $50k on guns to keep is rather extravagant. But again, I'd want to see what his past transaction history is before I make any decisions....

Maybe in the past he both bought and sold guns, such that the $50k would be offset by income from the sale of other firearms.

(I don't want you to think I am defending him. I think that any way you look at it, the guy is a lunatic and should be locked up for a long, long time... its just the way his lunacy is manifesting itself that I am not sure about... whether its a case of him "wanting to go out with a bang", or him simply deciding "bail conditions don't matter to me", he still deserves to be in jail.)

High volume buying and selling of firearms without a FFL business license is illegal. If he's buying these to flip for profit, that's a crime in itself.

It also strikes me as de-facto evidence of an imprudent mind because he's in a current legal state where possession of firearms are illegal and will result in him being locked up pretty much automatically. Dropping 50k just to have it impounded by the cops seems like a poor assessment of risk and reward. He may as well just stacked up the cash and lit it on fire.
 
Last edited:
Scott McKenzie or Judy Garland?

I think the Judy Garland version;the wordse seem to fit that better then the Hippie Anthem .
BTW the Judy Garland version was actully the main them for the 1936 Clark Gable/Spencer Tracy movie "San Francisco" set in the day before and climaxing with the 1906 earthquake.
 
Spending $50k on guns to keep is rather extravagant. But again, I'd want to see what his past transaction history is before I make any decisions....

Maybe in the past he both bought and sold guns, such that the $50k would be offset by income from the sale of other firearms.

(I don't want you to think I am defending him. I think that any way you look at it, the guy is a lunatic and should be locked up for a long, long time... its just the way his lunacy is manifesting itself that I am not sure about... whether its a case of him "wanting to go out with a bang", or him simply deciding "bail conditions don't matter to me", he still deserves to be in jail.)

You would be amazed what mint condition 19th century firearms go for.....
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom