What's the issue with celebrating the fact a complete scumbag has died?
The reason people have given for doing it is that he was such a horrible person because he did it.
What's the issue with celebrating the fact a complete scumbag has died?
“Let go the unskilled jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do — let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work.”
Not really
.
The guy was a scummy prick.
The reason people have given for doing it is that he was such a horrible person because he did it.
Thanks. That at least explains where you see hypocrisy. But do you feel killing in self defense is hypocritical for people who think murder is wrong?The reason people have given for doing it is that he was such a horrible person because he did it.
There is a difference between still criticising someone who has died, which I agree with, and celebrating their death.
Limbaugh celebrated the death of people with HIV.
Being gleeful about his death not nearly evens the score, but it's all we can do.
It is times like these that the left show their true levels of hypocrisy.
Come on conservatives. Hurry up and do the "Oh yous all being meaniz" routine and get it over with.
It is times like these that the left show their true levels of hypocrisy.
I have to admit that Rush was the reason I became interested in politics. Over 25 years ago. Discovered him while driving a truck for work that had an am radio. Maybe it was his delivery, I don't remember. I'd listen to Howard Stern after, or before I forget.
Haven't listened to him since then really. Even if I listen to conservative radio (so rare) I skip him. He became annoying to me long ago.
I also don't think he was always sincere. I listened to him again a few years ago driving somewhere and I remember thinking more than once, "No way does he believe what he's saying now, he must have his tongue in his cheek" Maybe not though.
No matter how bad the Republicans acted he always always had an excuse for them, and he was very good at it. I do think he was intelligent. I didn't agree with him but he was no dummy.
He used to say long ago on his show, "Keep in mind folks, my primary job is to entertain you", then he'd go on about how his words shouldn't necessarily be taken too seriously (something like that).
I'm kinda just emotionless on this one. It's a bummer when people die, that's about all I can muster. Beyond that, adios!
There is a difference between still criticising someone who has died, which I agree with, and celebrating their death.
He hid it well, or else you saw something I didn't.
Perhaps he was well-informed about things that fit his perspective and quite ignorant otherwise.
Besides, if you had a ranking of all the bad things that it is possible to be, then being reactionary racists, homophobes and all-round pieces of human excrement ranks way higher than merely being a hypocrite. "Oh sorry, did I say you should mind your table manners and here I am with my elbows on the table. I suppose that makes me a hypocrite!"
I always disagreed with this.
What you say makes him worse are his views and actions. I accept that there are people that will disagree with my views. Just as I accept that a sports team is trying to defeat the team I associate with. That doesn't make me hate them; it makes them adversaries. What they do as adversaries makes me hate them. Winning isnt one of them.
Politics and social norms aren't sports. They're not entertainment. People live and die and suffer based on the legislation passed and the cultural norms encouraged.
The comparison of politics to sports is a popular sentiment, you're not alone in it. It's also super gross and harmful.