• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Rush Limbaugh checks out at 70...

Limbaugh celebrated the death of people with HIV.

Being gleeful about his death not nearly evens the score, but it's all we can do.
 
"You want people to speak well of you after you're gone?

Be a better person.

You're mad the world is mocking Rush Limbaugh's death? That's on HIM and no one else.

Simple as that, really."

Jim Wright

There is a difference between still criticising someone who has died, which I agree with, and celebrating their death.
 
Their question is why I was accusing people on here.

I wasn't.
No that wasn't the question. Also, no one would realize you weren't talking about people on this board since you said "the left" and most people here would identify as part of the the left.
 
Last edited:
It is times like these that the left show their true levels of hypocrisy.
Indeed, how so? Perhaps I missed it, but I don't recall anyone here advocating against free speech, for example. Nor do I recall anyone here (unlike many on the right in other cases) calling or wishing for Limbaugh's assassination, or for his arrest, or for other violent and repressive measures against him. Some of us may have wished his sponsors would forsake him and he would lose his platform, but that's just free enterprise.

What has been expressed is an unsurprising welcoming of his natural death. Most of us hated him and are not sorry that he died. Where's the hypocrisy in that?

I believe Limbaugh was a despicable person, not only immoral but anti-moral, not only a threat to reason but an enemy of it, a blatant hypocrite who called for penalties against people who did just what he was doing, welcomed and cheered the death of others, railed against truth, against minorities, against democracy itself, doing great damage while pretending it was all a joke.

And yet, I don't think anyone here, before his death, agitated for actions of the sort he agitated for. We're just glad he managed to smoke himself to death and save us from the dilemma of wishing for what one must not do.
 
What has been expressed is an unsurprising welcoming of his natural death. Most of us hated him and are not sorry that he died. Where's the hypocrisy in that?
Further I would point out that many who are welcoming his death now would have been happier had he reformed at some point during his life.
 
No that wasn't the question. Also, no one would realize you weren't talking about people on this board since you said "the left" and most people here would identify as part of the the left.

Yes it was

"How so? What value have posters here put forward that they contradict in this thread?"
 
It is times like these that the left show their true levels of hypocrisy.

Do you even know what "hypocrisy" means?

I ask, because it appears you don't.

You quoted people on the left celebrating his death - and you can include me in that - and nobody's disagreeing with you that our only regret is that it wasn't 69 years earlier.

Why do you think that's hypocrisy?
 
Only if you were talking about Americans
If you weren't talking about Americans then why did you post the article you did? The three people mentioned in the headline of the article you cited are Americans and so is the fourth person mentioned in the bolded blurbs beneath the headline.
 
There is a difference between still criticising someone who has died, which I agree with, and celebrating their death.

Rush gleefully, joyously celebrated the deaths of many people, most of whom were just innocent victims of a virulent disease. He did this for decades and showed no contrition for his actions. He was active in promoting constant BS until his death and only his death stopped him from his Fascist apologetics.

So why should we suddenly be solemn and so very concerned about a human life when it was one with such a negative value on the world.

Sorry, your "Gotcha Lib'ruls" isn't going to work here.
 
Man the Right Concern Trolling isn't what is used to be. They are just phoning it in at this point.
 
What's the issue with celebrating the fact a complete scumbag has died?

Something something "Oh I thought libruls had standards" something something "just as bad" something something "I think the Paradox of Tolerance is a Pokeman" something something.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom