• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Major explosion in downtown Nashville

That's only part of the lyric. You need, "tell me why".

That doesn't make any sense. Why would I need someone else to tell me why I don't like Mondays? I already know why I don't like them!


Not sure if your post is serious or flippant, but on the off chance that it is serious;

That part of the song is call-response. (If you listen to the song it was presented that way.) Someone is asking the shooter, a sixteen year old girl named Brenda Spencer, to "Tell me why." she was shooting school kids. "I don't like Mondays." was her response.

In the incident itself a reporter managed to get her on the phone while she was holed up in her house and asked that. This was her answer.
 
Last edited:
Not sure if your post is serious or flippant, but on the off chance that it is serious;

That part of the song is call-response. (If you listen to the song it was presented that way.) Someone is asking the shooter, a sixteen year old girl named Brenda Spencer, to "Tell me why." she was shooting school kids. "I don't like Mondays." was her response.

In the incident itself a reporter managed to get her on the phone while she was holed up in her house and asked that. This was her answer.

I remember it. It was only a few years after I moved to San Diego. I remember wondering what the hell the girl had gone through growing up. Didn't know about the song that came out later. Wasn't paying much attention to pop culture by then.
 

Very strange. He sent multiple packages to acquaintances with ramblings about various conspiracy theories and some thumb drives of internet videos. No indication of a 5G conspiracy theory or any connection to AT&T.

There have been no reports of suspected drug or alcohol abuse and his home was reported to be clean and orderly.

It is so odd that the human brain can function so well for a person to maintain a home, be employed working with computers, and even build such a complex explosive contraption while simultaneously being so very, very wrong.
 
Not sure if your post is serious or flippant, but on the off chance that it is serious;

That part of the song is call-response. (If you listen to the song it was presented that way.) Someone is asking the shooter, a sixteen year old girl named Brenda Spencer, to "Tell me why." she was shooting school kids. "I don't like Mondays." was her response.

In the incident itself a reporter managed to get her on the phone while she was holed up in her house and asked that. This was her answer.

I don't like "I Don't Like Mondays" and if anyone asks "tell me why", I think it's just that I heard it (and saw the video) too many times.
 
Did they do a Columbine based one or do you have in mind them testing the scene from Casino Royale where bond shoots a propane tank?


Mythbusters Testing the Perfect Stoichiometric Ratio of Methane



The actual recreation of the explosion from the film

 
Last edited:
Mythbusters Testing the Perfect Stoichiometric Ratio of Methane



The actual recreation of the explosion from the film


Well, if that's an example of the "perfect air to fuel ratio (9 to 1)" of natural gas as an explosive, the bomber must have used something that packed a much bigger punch.
 
Last edited:
Well, if that's an example of the "perfect air to fuel ratio (9 to 1)" of natural gas as an explosive, the bomber must have used something that packed a much bigger punch.
Probably but note that the most damaged buildings were light construction. And note that I don't believe any details of the actual bomb have been released yet or if they are known yet. This propane angle is all speculation at the moment.
 
Last edited:
Well, if that's an example of the "perfect air to fuel ratio (9 to 1)" of natural gas as an explosive, the bomber must have used something that packed a much bigger punch.

Yep. But the reason is similar to the difference of a black powder pipe bomb and the same amount ignited lying on a surface.

Interesting how low the initial shock wave was from the ignition point. Quite surprising. Watch it in slo mo. Didn't hardly move the fans sitting on the floor before it blew out the wall/ceiling. Well under 1 PSI. A couple orders of magnitude less than the pressure would have been if the structure had enclosed the ignited mixture. So this is not an indication the Nashville bomber wasn't fuel air. It is an indication that it isn't trivial and am not at all convinced the RV was structurally strong enough to provide what the blast the Nashville videos show. But it might have been and there is a pretty obvious enhancement the guy might have made. It's been reported he bought some material that may have been used in his device. Could also well have been something more mundane.
 
Mythbusters Testing the Perfect Stoichiometric Ratio of Methane



The actual recreation of the explosion from the film


I just remembered one episode where they figured out that they just needed a open flame (instead of having some kind of igniter) and the correct proportion of fuel/air would sort itself out i.e. Boom.
 
That's a really difficult English language sentence to parse. I first visualized the police using markers on large sheets of paper to present to judges. :o

Lol, police presenting to judge their warrant request: big stick-figure of cross-eyed frowny faced guy holding a cannonball with lit fuse, then an 'equals' sign followed by a big pair of handcuffs
 
Lol, police presenting to judge their warrant request: big stick-figure of cross-eyed frowny faced guy holding a cannonball with lit fuse, then an 'equals' sign followed by a big pair of handcuffs

Isn't that SOP to get a warrant? :D
 
I'm not sure why the FBI is going to such an extent to find this guy's bizarre CT beliefs. I think we get it. Lone guy, crazy as a loon, becomes a suicide bomber but not one trying to kill anyone or accomplish much of anything except blowing up an AT&T building.
 
I'm not sure why the FBI is going to such an extent to find this guy's bizarre CT beliefs. I think we get it. Lone guy, crazy as a loon, becomes a suicide bomber but not one trying to kill anyone or accomplish much of anything except blowing up an AT&T building.

These letters were mailed to people by the bomber; the FBI has nothing to do with it (except that so far everyone who's gotten the letters turned them over).

It's pretty much standard for the FBI to try and find out as much as they can about a solid motive when investigating an act like this. "He was a nut, just leave it at that and drop it" less than two weeks after the bombing is not acceptable.
 
These letters were mailed to people by the bomber; the FBI has nothing to do with it (except that so far everyone who's gotten the letters turned them over).

It's pretty much standard for the FBI to try and find out as much as they can about a solid motive when investigating an act like this. "He was a nut, just leave it at that and drop it" less than two weeks after the bombing is not acceptable.
The FBI us actively seeking the materials.

https://time.com/5925994/nashville-bomber-fbi/

In a statement to The Associated Press, FBI Special Agent Jason Pack said authorities are “aware the suspect sent materials which espoused his viewpoints to several acquaintances throughout the country.” ...

Pack did not release additional details about what the packages from Warner contained but he urged anyone who may have received material from Warner to contact the FBI at 800-CALL-FBI.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom