• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Major explosion in downtown Nashville

From what I have been able to piece together this all looks like just a family dispute.

I have to disagree. It looks like there was a family dispute, but I frankly don't yet see a connection between this brief legal spat with his mother two years ago and the bombing. At most it seems to solve this little unrelated side-mystery of the deed transfers that people found when looking up his name in public records.
 
Last edited:
Occasionally I'm reminded that like 99% of what we've known about suspects in crimes in the last decade or so comes from social media (and the very scant, sterile information you can get from public records), and when someone is off that particular grid the news has to resort to treating him like this total cipher. It's like we don't know how to know anything about anyone who doesn't live behind a manifesto.

Well "we" do, where "we" means relevant professionals like law enforcement and journalists; it just takes more time. The age of social media where everyone freely and voluntarily lays their inner lives bare on the internet for all to see, has frankly spoiled us in that way; we've become used to knowing the guy's underwear size within 12 hours of finding out his name.
 
Theoretically yeah. But "attack the edifice, but take special care to warn all the people away" does not match any historical incidents of workplace violence I've ever heard of.

Generally speaking, workplace violence occurs because an employee becomes upset with a specific person or persons they work with, and the violence always ends up being directed against that person at the very least.

A little late with this, but we had a shooting at my workplace, and the shooter specifically identified and shot the people he had a grudge against. The only collateral damage was one guy who was shot in the leg by a stray bullet that went through one of the tissue paper cubicle walls.
 
Seen on Twitter:

[qimg]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50770941996_2afe94110a_z.jpg[/qimg]

This is the second time I've seen 'escape goat' in connection with this bombing. Some people have absolutely lost touch with reality. It was a missile. It was a directed energy weapon. It was a laser beam. It was the white hats. It was the black hats. It was the Deep State. The dominion servers were stored in the AT&T building. AT&T had a contract to audit the servers.
 
I was wrong. I had it exactly backwards. He was a radicalized ACABer

from DailyBeast

Meanwhile, here on planet Earth, the selflessness and heroism of the police saved countless lives from an ACAB extremist.

Well, according to your link he was anti-cop...when he was a young guy in the 1970's. No such reports of continuing ACAB sentiments in the current century.
 
I was wrong. I had it exactly backwards. He was a radicalized ACABer

I doubt that was an unusual sentiment for a young pot-smoking hippie in the 1970s who had been busted for marijuana possession. It gives some background into his younger days, but we don't know if he still held those same beliefs 40 years later, let alone that he was radicalized. It is very old and rather weak information to use to formulate a likely motive.
 
From the Daily Beast article:

One neighbor, Rick Laude, told the Associated Press that he and Warner chatted days before the bombing, and Laude asked, “Is Santa going to bring you anything good for Christmas?”

“Oh, yeah, Nashville and the world is never going to forget me,” Warner replied.

Laude said he didn’t think anything was strange about their conversation and that “nothing about this guy raised any red flags.”
 

Attachments

  • R565638c48be0cc99d851e0299b4dfbe8.jpg
    R565638c48be0cc99d851e0299b4dfbe8.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 9
More video. This time it's a police body-cam recording of the minutes before and after the blast.



The video captures a little more of the RV's warning broadcast. New additions are the repeated phrases "Stay clear of this vehicle", "Do not approach this vehicle", and "Your primary objective is to evacuate these buildings now".
 
I have been sitting here for a few minutes trying to figure out what to reply after seeing that video. Maybe once I can breathe again and my heart stops racing, I will think of something.
 
Conspiracy theorists on social media have made up a "report" that the FBI identified the bomber by "finding his passport near the site of the explosion", which they then began mocking as ridiculous and proof of a conspiracy and/or planted evidence and/or that the suspect wasn't the actual bomber.

Of course, no such report was ever made. The FBI got the bomber's name from a neighbor who thought they recognized his RV in the photographs police had released to the news media.
 
I have to disagree. It looks like there was a family dispute, but I frankly don't yet see a connection between this brief legal spat with his mother two years ago and the bombing. At most it seems to solve this little unrelated side-mystery of the deed transfers that people found when looking up his name in public records.

I meant all the property transfers were just a family dispute. I don't think that was any motive for the bombing.

He obviously gave away the house because he was going to kill himself. It looks like he gave it to someone who was connected tot he family in some way and nothing more than that. It has been reported that he also gave away a vehicle.

It has been reported that he told someone he had cancer. Maybe that was the case, or maybe a lie to justify giving his stuff away and quitting his jobs.

It is looking more like this was just an elaborate suicide with no political or terrorist intentions.
 
Like my predicted rise in sales of the RV, I expect "Downtown" to be trending as an mp3 download as well. But if you want something truly, astoundingly awful, here's Mrs. Miller's version:

You might think after hearing the first 20 seconds it can't get worse, but it does. Exponentially through the course of the song.
 
Last edited:
Like my predicted rise in sales of the RV, I expect "Downtown" to be trending as an mp3 download as well. But if you want something truly, astoundingly awful, here's Mrs. Miller's version:

You might think after hearing the first 20 seconds it can't get worse, but it does. Exponentially through the course of the song.

If he'd played that version, he wouldn't have needed to issue any warnings.
 
More video. This time it's a police body-cam recording of the minutes before and after the blast.



The video captures a little more of the RV's warning broadcast. New additions are the repeated phrases "Stay clear of this vehicle", "Do not approach this vehicle", and "Your primary objective is to evacuate these buildings now".

This news report starts with footage of the RV exploding.

 
This news report starts with footage of the RV exploding.


By the way, this is the video clip that all the conspiracy theorists say proves the RV did not explode, because the last remnants of the explosion fireball dissipate across the street, and they claim that means the explosion came from that spot.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom