• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you see the tweets being posted in this thread parallel to your self-victimization rant?

The left is hurling too many personal attacks and insults and thereby crowding out any room for facts?

K.

The tweets being posted in this thread are extremely cherry-picked. Not that there's anything wrong with purposefully showcasing an arbitrary selection of tweets from a single individual. But let's be clear: That is what is going on. There is no data here about who's doing more attacks and insults than who.

Except in the sense that Captain Swoop has to keep up a steady stream of hand-curated Trump tweets to balance out the constant flow of hateful rhetoric from several regular contributors to these threads.

(And that's before we take into account that fuelair is probably out there somewhere right now, single-handedly balancing out Trump's insults with a stream of insults orders of magnitude more vile and hateful.)
 
I'm Dr. Keith and I approve this message.


(Not a doctor.)

Yeah, but unfortunately, this kind of reasoning doesn't work in Trumpistan. He will literally point to things happening in American right now and say, with a straight face, "You see! This is what happens in Biden's America!"
 
Particularly because their hurt feelings are about not being able to oppress minorities and women.
Minorities + women = the majority.

And one need not add in any privileged white males who are otherwise good guys. Maybe decent white males would cancel out the less than decent white women.
 
Trump Tweets

¡Mi #AmericanDreamPlan es una promesa para los hispanoamericanos de impulsar una economía próspera, proveer oportunidades de educación para todos, preservar la libertad y apoyar la fe, la familia y la comunidad! http://45.wh.gov/f4NrGY

My #AmericanDreamPlan is a promise to Hispanic Americans to fuel a thriving economy, provide education opportunity for all, preserve freedom, and support faith, family, and community!
http://45.wh.gov/gQuj8D
 
To be fair, it looks like he's talking about the possibility of excluding drive in votes that occur TOMORROW. His ruling seems to be pretty much "the ones that are cast as of now are valid, you missed any opportunity to stop those ones. Buuuuuuuut it's possible that the ones cast tomorrow are invalid"

Could you quote where you read that in there?

Because I see the weasel judge saying the plaintiffs have no standing, case dismissed. However, I'm letting the justices who might take the case up on another appeal know how I would have ruled had the plaintiffs had standing. And that ruling would have been to toss out the votes. :mad:
 
Trump Tweets

¡Mi #AmericanDreamPlan es una promesa para los hispanoamericanos de impulsar una economía próspera, proveer oportunidades de educación para todos, preservar la libertad y apoyar la fe, la familia y la comunidad! http://45.wh.gov/f4NrGY

My #AmericanDreamPlan is a promise to Hispanic Americans to fuel a thriving economy, provide education opportunity for all, preserve freedom, and support faith, family, and community!
http://45.wh.gov/gQuj8D

Ummmmm . . . it's a little late to reach out to the Hispanic American community with a pandering and ultimately ******** "plan." It's a day before the election, dude. Where were you 1460 days ago? And it's not like this will make anyone forget about the savage way you separated Hispanic children from their parents or that you took steps to effectively block DACA.
 
Is Trump going to declare victory before all votes are counted as is being reported in some venues?
 
Is Trump going to declare victory before all votes are counted as is being reported in some venues?

He might.

Bit of a semantic nitpick though - it is normal for one candidate to declare victory and for the other to concede before all the votes are counted. But (and this is big) they only do so after enough votes have been counted such that the end result is certain.

I could see Trump jumping the gun, that seems to be his plan. Then we'll see if he tries to use that declaration as cause to stop any more counting.
 
He might.

Bit of a semantic nitpick though - it is normal for one candidate to declare victory and for the other to concede before all the votes are counted. But (and this is big) they only do so after enough votes have been counted such that the end result is certain.

I could see Trump jumping the gun, that seems to be his plan. Then we'll see if he tries to use that declaration as cause to stop any more counting.

If that is indeed his plan, it's a stupid plan. It's not like the States stop counting the votes when a candidate declares victory.
 
If that is indeed his plan, it's a stupid plan. It's not like the States stop counting the votes when a candidate declares victory.

I don't know what his strategy may be, but here's some speculation.

President Trump has told confidants he'll declare victory on Tuesday night if it looks like he's "ahead," according to three sources familiar with his private comments. That's even if the Electoral College outcome still hinges on large numbers of uncounted votes in key states like Pennsylvania.

The latest: Speaking to reporters on Sunday evening, Trump denied that he would declare victory prematurely, before adding, "I think it's a terrible thing when ballots can be collected after an election. I think it's a terrible thing when states are allowed to tabulate ballots for a long period of time after the election is over."

He continued: "I think it's terrible that we can't know the results of an election the night of the election. ... We're going to go in the night of, as soon as that election's over, we're going in with our lawyers."

"We don't want to have Pennsylvania, where you have a political governor, a very partisan guy. ... We don't want to be in a position where he's allowed, every day, to watch ballots come in. See if we can only find 10,000 more ballots."

Behind the scenes: Trump has privately talked through this scenario in some detail in the last few weeks, describing plans to walk up to a podium on election night and declare he has won.

I don't know what this would accomplish other than to perhaps discourage some voting in Cali, not that would do him much good there. But it's Trump so . . .
 
I don't give a flying fudge what he has to say about his (hopeful, fingers crossed) loss. We all know he isn't going to say anything remotely concession-like. I only worry that he will probably say something to fuel the anger of his most ardent supporters. I'm more worried, genuinely, about their reaction than his.
 
Not heard anything about it but something that I think is rather frightening is that ex president Trump can continue to receive national security briefings.

They're not dumb. He'll get an "amended" version - with pictures and big letters written in crayon. But, seriously, I would bet that he doesn't get the full picture. In fact, I'll bet even as prez, they are "careful" about the content after his blab to the Russian ambassador.
 
He might.

Bit of a semantic nitpick though - it is normal for one candidate to declare victory and for the other to concede before all the votes are counted. But (and this is big) they only do so after enough votes have been counted such that the end result is certain.

I could see Trump jumping the gun, that seems to be his plan. Then we'll see if he tries to use that declaration as cause to stop any more counting.

Normally a candidate DOESN'T declare victory until the other calls to concede.

But nothing...absolutely NOTHING abot Trump is NORMAL.
 
Is Trump going to declare victory before all votes are counted as is being reported in some venues?

No.

He will never be in front, so the question won't arise.

Then you'll see the delightful conundrum of Trump and his Republitards asking for more time to count votes in case a load of theirs might be late.
 
The 2nd Amendment, as far as I'm concerned, has been obsolete for a very long time, so it's hard to say that I'm a "supporter" of it. Still, I firmly support the interpretation of it that was consistently upheld until the very recent times of the far right engaging in a rather comprehensive campaign to redefine it into something harmful.

No argument here, however, the turning point was the Heller decision written by Scalia that enshrined a *personal* right to own a gun. To give him some credit (although it hurts :)) I doubt he was influenced by the right wing mob so much as his abiding dedication to originialism. I just wish he'd gone all the way and stated that the 2nd decision he made only applied to blunderbusses.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom