I'd say more "smelling the wind".
I'm a long way removed from the action, but it seems to me that young people in particular really, really, despise Trump. This coincides with youth turning their backs on evangelical christianity, a lot of which is driven by the anti-gay agenda.
I wonder if Kamala Harris wasn't an inspired pick in the end. She's not particularly young, but stacked against those two old geezers, she looks positively jailbait.
It's been a long, lonely time for moderates, and now the end of civilization and commencement of great war begins.
I don't buy it.
What you had was a bunch of grumpy old people pining for the good old days when everyone got a job at the steelworks and blacks weren't allowed in decent restaurants.
And that happened at a time when the idiot Democrats picked the only person in the world capable of losing to Trump.
Maybe I'm just dreaming, but I see the same signs in USA as I saw here over the past few months - young people turning hard left. The hard left* in NZ won 42% of the vote in 2017, and only three years later, took a staggering 58% of the vote.
And that was despite showing a polling drop close to the election. The polls were off by several percent, as I expect them to be in USA.
*not actually very hard left, but Americans would call them Commies.
Hey don't be so harsh on him, I can understand why some people think only native americans should be in charge of their country...
Oh, the irony.
I bet every single
Native American believes they should be in control of the country.
"It is indeed fading away, because you can't have a scandal if nobody writes about it" -- Trump has spent a good chunk of his speech in Fayetteville whining that the media isn't covering Hunter Biden's emails to his liking
No! The media won't cover a conspiracy story?
Tell Alex Jones.
I don't see any upside lenders to let Trump keep on wasting their money.
That's exactly what I said two days ago.
Once the size of Trump's loss becomes evident, the party will dump him like he was a day-old dog turd. (which coincidentally, is exactly what he is!)
And any lawyers willing to bet on Trump at that stage will be the bottom-dwelling ambulance-chasing kind that even Trump's repugnant pals on SCOTUS will not treat kindly.