• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

2020 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at fivethirtyeight, both the national polls and President Trump's approval hap have closed by a couple of points.

Much closer and they'll be getting to within the margin of error :o

Well, the model keeps improving for Biden, and now Ohio has even turned blue on the snake chart and Georgia seems to be retaining its blue colour. I don't know if that's the first time Ohio has gone blue on the chart, but it looks like the state models are pretty strong for Biden as well.

I don't think the national polls or the approval ratings are particularly useful metrics compared with those points.
 
I was reading yesterday that Iowa is closing one of it's coal-powered electrical plants. I'm sure the president is all upset.

It's replacing it with a greater capacity SOLAR plant.

Which is going to result in more jobs?
 
I was reading yesterday that Iowa is closing one of it's coal-powered electrical plants. I'm sure the president is all upset.

It's replacing it with a greater capacity SOLAR plant.

Which is going to result in more jobs?

Everyone knows that Iowa is a state totally run by radical leftist Democrat communists.
 
Everyone knows that Iowa is a state totally run by radical leftist Democrat communists.

The old Maytag plant in Newton, IA is one of the biggest manufacturers of wind turbine blades in the country.

There is a HUGE influence alternative energy industry presence.

(and they love their ethanol subsidies)
 
Just what you'd expect from Trump supporters, trying to run a Biden bus off the road. Their kind just don't share our values. If you vote for Trump, you're not really an American.
As a bus driver, I'm sort of curious about the physics involved in trying such a thing. A pickup truck weighs what, 5-6000 pounds? Even an empty coach should easily clock in at 30,000 pounds or more. Provided the driver is expecting a hit, he or she should she easily be able to counter the forces involved. Of course, that's taking the hit from the side.

I've seen the result when (drunk) driver ploughed into the back of a bus, and I can tell you, the bus took substantially less damage than the car. And I'd hate to imagine what would happen if one of the deplorables tried to brake check a coach, but I can't imagine it would end well for either...
 
The old Maytag plant in Newton, IA is one of the biggest manufacturers of wind turbine blades in the country.

There is a HUGE influence alternative energy industry presence.

(and they love their ethanol subsidies)

SEE! SEE! Cancer causing Democrat radical leftists!
 
Well, the model keeps improving for Biden, and now Ohio has even turned blue on the snake chart and Georgia seems to be retaining its blue colour. I don't know if that's the first time Ohio has gone blue on the chart, but it looks like the state models are pretty strong for Biden as well.

I don't think the national polls or the approval ratings are particularly useful metrics compared with those points.

I hate to tell you this, but 538 has Trump in the lead in Ohio by a fraction. 2/10ths of 1 percent. But that's so small a margin it truly is a toss up.
 
As a bus driver, I'm sort of curious about the physics involved in trying such a thing. A pickup truck weighs what, 5-6000 pounds?
For classes 2 & 3, yes (like Ford's F-250 & F-350, the models they call "Super Duty"). But most people get a class 1 (like an F-150) or compact/midsize (like a Ranger), which are in the 4000s or, for the latter, even a bit under 4000.

Even an empty coach should easily clock in at 30,000 pounds or more.
I just looked at a charter bus manufacturer's model comparison. They were all in the low/mid 50s.
 
As a bus driver, I'm sort of curious about the physics involved in trying such a thing. A pickup truck weighs what, 5-6000 pounds? Even an empty coach should easily clock in at 30,000 pounds or more. Provided the driver is expecting a hit, he or she should she easily be able to counter the forces involved. Of course, that's taking the hit from the side.

I've seen the result when (drunk) driver ploughed into the back of a bus, and I can tell you, the bus took substantially less damage than the car. And I'd hate to imagine what would happen if one of the deplorables tried to brake check a coach, but I can't imagine it would end well for either...

Watching the video, it isn't clear to me who was trying to run whom off the road. I think the goal of the Trumpers was to surround the bus, honk, possibly impede the bus by slowing down, and generally be jackasses. However, at the point where there was an actual collision between two of the vehicles, I couldn't tell who was doing what. The bus was in the right lane, and a white SUV was behind, but straddling the line between two lanes. Suddenly, a black pickup with Trump flags that had been in the right lane collides with and shoves the white SUV into the center lane.

It looks to me like what was going on is the black pickup wanted to get immediately behind the bus. The white SUV (which was reported to be part Biden supporters) seemed to be changing lanes to keep the pickup away from the bus, and the pickup then shoved the car out of the way.

All quite dangerous, and stupid as hell. This could have ended quite badly. I would hope that investigations and arrests were forthcoming. I would think that somebody would have gotten that pickup truck's plate. At the very least, the driver needs to be asked some questions. It seems like he was driving very dangerously, and then deliberately struck another vehicle. Perhaps hw would tell a different story, but he should definitely be given an opportunity to tell that story to some enquiring law enforcement officials.

This is way out of hand. I really hate to see this sort of thing happening. I don't like to be partisan about everything, but President Trump encouraging this sort of behavior is really bad. It can't end well.
 
Trump Tweets

You don’t have to take my word on Biden’s 47 years of treachery and betrayal. We have it on tape

I am standing up to the global special interests who got rich bleeding America Dry. The corrupt establishment hates me because I don’t answer to THEM – I answer to YOU!

Over the last 4 years, I have fought for Michigan like no one ever has!
 
Trump Campaign Senior Adviser Jason Miller says Democrats will try to “steal” the election by counting votes after election night.
 
Trump Campaign Senior Adviser Jason Miller says Democrats will try to “steal” the election by counting votes after election night.
 
Changing your tune after finding out you were wrong: lying and proud of it.

Continuing to spout nonsense after finding out you were wrong: integrity of the highest order.
 
Trump will want to cling on to the death, but where is the incentive for the GOP to do so as a whole? There isn’t any. They have lost elections before and they know what it means that they don’t get to win this time around but why are they going to risk establishing a dictatorship for the sake of Donald ******* Trump?

I don’t doubt that he will try various things such as p-hacking the vote but as The Atheist points out, unless it is a close thing like 2000 in Florida, there is no worthwhile reward for completely making a mockery of the election.

I'm not sure of all this. Donald Trump is is an opportunist and a narcisist. He is interested in himself. IMO, if he looses the election, he will not try to fight a lost cause, he will, of course, spin it as a great injustice, but he is not a fight to the end type. He will do whatever he perceives is to his advantage, probably building some story about his great deeds and heroics as a president and the terrible ordeals he lived through during the election, and ... probably, how he really won, but was deprived of his winning.

Well .... that's my prediction: Lots of noise, no action.

Hans
 
Texas Supreme Court DENIES petition seeking to toss out almost 127,000 Harris County votes cast in drive-thru lanes.
 
Texas Supreme Court DENIES petition seeking to toss out almost 127,000 Harris County votes cast in drive-thru lanes.

Good. I wonder what made the partisan judge refuse it? That even he couldn’t find a complaint to rule on in the entire brief?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom